Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your opinion of Kings of Leon?

TheGoodBits

Here's one:

KOL?

i dont think i cuold possibly list all of the things that bother me about this band. my girlfriend is a big fan and ive seen them probably 8 times over the past 6 or 7 years.

a) first 2 records - the ones that longtime fans think are grungy, rock and roll throwback records - are as gimmicky as they come. tight jeans, long hair - the rock and roll uniform. kind of ****ing lame in my opinion, not to mention the records really suck

B) essentially choreographed stage moves. see them play in arenas now, and they still throw mics down at the same points in the same songs, flexing arm muscles at same points in the same songs, etc. just kind of stupid also.

c) the most recent record sounds like U2 meets Enrique Iglesias for the most part. their live show is whacker than ever.

really could keep going i think. this is a band custom fit for VH1 Top 20 Countdowns.

ive said on other interweb forums that i think they will end up being the Foo Fighters of this generation in that they will have constant massive hits and arena tours, and they will be better than most bands on the radio while still not being in the same class as many of their peers.

if any of that makes any sense. KOL blow like Offspring etc out of the water. but they dont hold up to a lot of other groups right now such as (IMO), My Morning Jacket, TV On The Radio, etc.

Their first two cds are decent I think because of their lack of production. Their last two have seen them sell out completely imho (and unsurprisingly they are much more popular once they "mainstreamed" their sound).

I saw them open for U2 a couple years back and they were simply terrible live. Terrible. Simply. Terrible. Maybe they're just a studio band. Apparently they are huge in Europe (but so is Hasslehoff).

The only songs I know are Sex On Fire and Use Somebody. Sex on Fire is a great song, Use Somebody is ok but way too emo for my tastes. For today's standard of music they are pretty good but had this band been around in previous decades they wouldn't have the publicity or fanbase they do now. Music sucks today

alternative is so broad...anyways i was never really of like that mid 90's alternative sound

which they seem to sound like

i do like a few foo fighters songs though but yeah this just isnt my thing

Alternative Rock is not a genre, it's so dumb.

Just call it alternative and not associate it with Rock. It's like calling Rap Alternative Poetry.

The only songs I know are Sex On Fire and Use Somebody. Sex on Fire is a great song, Use Somebody is ok but way too emo for my tastes. For today's standard of music they are pretty good but had this band been around in previous decades they wouldn't have the publicity or fanbase they do now. Music sucks today

I disagree that music sucks today. It is dependent on where you choose to get music. Radio will always fail you. There are tons of great artists out there you just have to hunt for them. Just my opinion (fortunately, I'm very rarely wrong).

Archived