Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: NJ.COM: Skins trying to move to #2 overall

RWJ

snyder is going to call the rams bluff they are not taking sanchez

i do not believe this at all.. he wil slip to 8 and whoever makes the best deal wins the sweepstakes for sanchez

Pressure is building in Seattle to take Sanchez ... at that point (4) $$$ is discounted enough to pull trigger and let him sit for 1 or 2 yrs. behind Matt. Ergo, Skins must go to 2 or 3 to bag the Trojan.

Yo the Rams GM was just on ESPN and I'm now positve this rumor is 100% true. He bacially said If they stay at 2 they know who they will draft, but they have not began contract neogotations because of interest in the pick. Sounds to me they are in heavy talks to trade the pick, probably to us. :doh:

Yo the Rams GM was just on ESPN and I now positve this rumor is 100% true. He bacially said If they stay at 2 they know who they will draft, but they have not began contract neogotations because of interest in the pick. Sounds to me they are in heavy talks to trade the pick, probably to us. :doh:

He is trying to get out of the spot and by talking up 'talks' he is trying to create a market.

Yo the Rams GM was just on ESPN and I'm now positve this rumor is 100% true. He bacially said If they stay at 2 they know who they will draft, but they have not began contract neogotations because of interest in the pick. Sounds to me they are in heavy talks to trade the pick, probably to us. :doh:

There's no talk of another team trying to make the move to #2 other than us. COULD be a slow day for us after announcing a trade and draft at #2 for Sanchez. The only other news for us today could be the trading of JC.

just on the nfl netwrok there is a deal already in place with the jets and the jags

edit

if the player the jets want is at 8 they will make the trade

Well no talk of us and the Jags at #8. Seems to me that we are moving fast to get Sanchez.

Mark Sanchez has moved ahead of Matthew Stafford in Mike Mayock's list of the best QB prospects.

With 46 underclassmen having been granted special eligibility, here's a breakdown of the top five college football players at each position heading into the 2009 NFL Draft:

» Mayock's top 20 prospects

Mike Mayock's top prospects by position for the 2009 NFL DraftRankPlayerSchoolCommentQuarterbacks

*Mark SanchezUSCTremendous skills, 16 college starts

*Matthew StaffordGeorgiaElite arm, inconsistent in pocket

*Josh FreemanKansas StateTremendous arm/athletic, speed-up process

Pat WhiteWest VirginiaExcellent arm/accuracy, the new 'slash'?

Stephen McGeeTexas A&MPhysical/athletic, injured as a senior

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Sounds worthy of the number 2 pick. Atleast Sanchez at 2 wouldn't be as big a reach as Campbell was in 05.

Mike Mayock: [sanchez is] an intelligent kid that knows where and when to throw the football. Can pick up the offense quickly and get rid of the football, get it out of his hands.

I think there are three first round quarterbacks in this draft. I think [Matthew] Stafford and Josh Freeman have huge arms, they're both more athletic than people think for their size. And I think they've got tremendous upside.

I think the safest pick is Sanchez. Sanchez has a very good arm that I would compare his arm to Matt Ryan. And he's got the best accuracy and footwork amongst the three. I've been very positive on all three of them and I like all three of them. But I wouldn't bang the table for any of them like I did for Matt Ryan last year. Matt Ryan was my number one guy on the board all year long.

But amongst those three, Freeman reminds me of Joe Flacco both on and off the field. And I think if I had to pull the trigger in the top 10 pick with a quarterback I would take Sanchez because I would feel like his floor is higher than the other guys.

Archived