Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's the 2009 Starter at QB?

danbee

So if Campbell is traded and the Redskins draft Sanchez who would be the starter this year? You can't start a Rookie with the offensive line giving up so many sacks. Todd Collins can't get out of his own way so you can't start him with the offensive line giving up so many sacks. Colt is fun to watch in preseason but you can start him can you?

So if Campbell is traded and the Redskins draft Sanchez who would be the starter this year? You can't start a Rookie with the offensive line giving up so many sacks. Todd Collins can't get out of his own way so you can't start him with the offensive line giving up so many sacks. Colt is fun to watch in preseason but you can start him can you?

I would imagine Collins starts for a few games, before giving way to Sanchez. Though it wouldn't shock me to see Sanchez starting from day 1.

Dude i was about to ask the same question.

One thing is a fact....if we trade JC to get Sanchez, i think Sanchez would have to be a starter, because if we have TC or the GREAT Colt Brennan (sarcasm) we just are throwing away our season, in which we just spent like a billion dollars on FAs.

I do not get it one bit.

Colt Brennan will wow everyone in the preseason and everyone will want him to start

Ding Ding Ding. I don't see us winning enough games to get into the playoffs with TC. With Colt we don't know. If he plays well, I don't see why Zorn wouldn't play him. What a mess that would turn out to be if CB tears it up after they moved up to draft Sanchez. Good problem to have I guess.

Oh we'll just overpay for a UFA or something

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here is an updated list of the NFL free agents out there still looking for a team.

The following is a list of the remaining 2009 NFL free agents."

Quarterback:

Brock Berlin RFA St. Louis Rams

Brooks Bollinger UFA Dallas Cowboys

Ken Dorsey UFA Cleveland Browns

Bruce Eugene RFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Gus Frerotte UFA Minnesota Vikings

Charlie Frye UFA Seattle Seahawks

Quinn Gray UFA Kansas City Chiefs

Trent Green UFA St. Louis Rams

Rex Grossman UFA Chicago Bears

Darrell Hackney UFA Denver Broncos

Drew Henson RFA Detroit Lions

Brad Johnson UFA Dallas Cowboys

J.P. Losman UFA Buffalo Bills

Jamie Martin UFA San Francisco 49ers

Anthony Wright UFA New York Giants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, 3 ex-Skins on that list.

Scary link

Unfortunately I think the real answer is Sanchez if we can get him... Dan and Vinny saw how Matt Ryan exploded into the NFL last year, and they're thinking that Sanchez can do the same for us. What sucks about that is that they're probably wrong. Sanchez has bust written all over him.

If we don't draft Sanchez, Campbell is the starter until Zorn feels he's ineffective. At this point, we'd see a situation similar to the Chicago Bears in 2007 in that we'd probably rotate between Collins and Brennan (like Chicago did with Griese and Orton) for the rest of the year.

If we do draft Sanchez and we get rid of Campbell, I would expect a situation similar to the Ravens of 2008 in that there will be a wide open competition at QB, Collins or Brennan would most likely start to begin with, and Sanchez would eventually win the starting spot sometime in 2009 (whether it's through an injury to the starter or the starter's ineffectiveness.

It will be an awful situation to be in, because Collins won't be a viable option, Sanchez is not ready, and Colt himself is a project. We'll wind up throwing Sanchez to the wolves and watch him get killed. That whole scenario is fine if you are a in a total rebuild mode, but we shouldn't be. Even Dan has to see that this won't fit within his "win now" mantra.

Archived