Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's the 2009 Starter at QB?

danbee

If JC is still here (although I REALLY doubt it) he starts. Otherwise you can't start Collins, hes to old to be behind that line. I doubt Brennan starts though. I love Brennan and think he will do good. I just don't see Snyder giving Brennan a chance to outplay his "star". I think Sanchez starts and does absolutely nothing. We just do the same thing next year with a different QB.

Otherwise you can't start Collins, hes to old to be behind that line.

Collins played behind a worse line when he won NFL player of the month. Fabini and Heyer were his tackles for two games I believe.

And the worst thing you can for a rookie qb is throw him behind a crappy line.

Well, our OL group now consists of:

LOT: Samuels

LG: Dockery, Clark

C: Rabach

RG: Thomas, Rhino

RT: Heyer, Jansen

So if we were to acquire Sanchez, I imagine we'd still have a 2nd or 3rd round pick after the trade, simply because Cerrato and Snyder have actually shown an unwilligness to not have an early draft picks i.e. not giving the 3rd in Cutler trade, not wanting to deal next year's first, so we could find either a center to replace Rabach, or a starting-caliber RT, or at least one that could compete with heyer and/or Jansen and push them for the spot.

Of course, if we hold on to a 2nd or 3rd, the 5th rounder is likely gone, unless we did wind up using next years 1st (which, if they are going to make the trade, would leave us with the 2nd rounder AND 3rd rounder I believe). We wouldn't have much left. In other words, drafting Sanchez means at least one need isn't going to be drafted high. We will have to wait and see if the sacrifice is worth it.

"So if Campbell is traded and the Redskins draft Sanchez who would be the starter this year?"

Snyder (not Zorn) said Sanchez would have to compete for the starting job with the existing QBs. Who knows if Snyder means it, but if he does, that would be some fun stuff to watch.

I just don't see Snyder giving Brennan a chance to outplay his "star".

That is exactly what I alluded to in the other thread.

Imagine the embarrassment Snyder would feel if his minimum wage 6th round backup owned his newly added expensive acquisition.

That is exactly what I alluded to in the other thread.

Imagine the embarrassment Snyder would feel if his minimum wage 6th round backup owned his newly added expensive acquisition.

If they start COLT. He won't come out!!!! He is already one of the most popular Redskins right now!!! He will make Danny big Dukets $$$$$!!!! and if by chance MS and CB are on the same team. Half of Calif will be POSTING here driving the MODS crazy!! They grew up in the same area!! Don't underestamate how popular these guys are on the West coast!!! If the NFL is about the Money, these 2 guys are a great start!!!

It will be interesting to see what we give up if we trade up to get Sanchez. The picks next year could be extremely high.

You know, thinking about the report that Snyder is adamant about not trading next years first, I think that might be something they're preparing for.

People seem to remember Collins under the Saunders offense... because under Zorn in preseason Collins looked terrible. If we get rid of JC and draft Sanchez there will be an open competition and I think Colt has the best chance. His weaker arm and height works in the west coast offense (see Jeff Garcia) and he looked better than Collins last year.

Sanchez is a one year starter in college. He won't be ready to run laps around a pro field by september, let alone start.

People seem to remember Collins under the Saunders offense... because under Zorn in preseason Collins looked terrible. If we get rid of JC and draft Sanchez there will be an open competition and I think Colt has the best chance. His weaker arm and height works in the west coast offense (see Jeff Garcia) and he looked better than Collins last year.

Sanchez is a one year starter in college. He won't be ready to run laps around a pro field by september, let alone start.

I just want to see an open competition

Given the scenario in the opening of this thread, the WONDER BOY from Hawaii beats out Sanchez in pre-season and is named the starting QB for our beloved Skins. Then....on opening day up in the Meadowlands, Brennan shows his moxie and befuddles the Giants defense with his roll-outs and his gunslinger style, and our Skins win 27-24 in dramatic fashion. BOOM!!!!

So if Campbell is traded and the Redskins draft Sanchez who would be the starter this year? You can't start a Rookie with the offensive line giving up so many sacks. Todd Collins can't get out of his own way so you can't start him with the offensive line giving up so many sacks. Colt is fun to watch in preseason but you can start him can you?

The answer is without JC the skins will have a WORSE record than last year, no-matter if it is Sanchez or Cult starting. Like you said the line isnt good enough as it is to protect them either. Then next year after a horrible season, the new story will be, can we draft up to get another QB. Lets trade the ones we got, and maybee we can get a 3rd round pick for both of them if we are lucky!! :doh:

Only TWO options are available here: READ HERE FOR THE TRUTH.

Either Vinnie/Danny are playing everybody, they have become very shrewd and have something up their sleeve, and will end up getting what they want AND still start Jason Campbell as originally planned, since this is all SMOKE and MIRRORS to disguise the real purpose...OR....OR

Vinnie/Danny are complete idiots and are trashing the Redskins, because nobody in ANY business much less football will allow everybody in the frikken world to know what your plans are. You do not go out and allow 31 other teams to know your draft plans, free agent plans, and coaching plans.

If all this stuff is true, from Jason Campbell being traded to being in love with Sanchez to hiring Mike Shanahan next year...then Vinnie/Danny are total idiots and we as fans are in for several more years of misery and embarassment as Vinnie/Danny continue to play fantasy football, a game which they are not very good at.

Saturday we will know which scenario it is. Idiots or genius'

Archived