Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Food Poisoning - Your Story

Riggins77

Hardees, 1998, my junior year in high school. I ate a hamburger from there after baseball practice, that night I woke up with terrible stomach pains.

Before I could even get out of bed I threw up and it was very painful. Then I just couldn't stop throwing up, I threw up around 40 times, mostly dry heaving at the end. My mom decided I needed to go to the hospital. They put me in a room because I was so dehydrated and could not keep down anything.

I spent almost 2 days and 1 night in the hospital.

1984 trip to Juarez drinking with a bunch of friends. 2:30 in the morning drunk off our asses we decide to get an oyster ****tail at a place called El Coyote Invalido. Stupid, stupid stupid. :doh:

Got home about 4 lied down and I was running to the bathroom a few minutes later. Simultaneous out of both ends. Not a pretty site. I couldn't eat for 3 days and my stomach was a mess for about 6 months. Ugghhh. And believe me, I know they eat carrion but that would've crippled a coyote for certains.

I was a kid.... maybe 8? I dunno exactly...

anyway, I was at the Jersey shore with my Mom. I believe the rest of my family left earlier in the day in a different car, but I can't recall for sure... i can just say they are damn lucky they went separately. DAMN lucky.

I grabbed a last bite on the boardwalk before we left town, and then the Jersey Turnpike was a parking lot. Just complete standstill. I was asleep on the back seat of our giant 1973 Puke-green Chevy Impala, my face sweat stuck to the glorious vinyl couch of a back seat. it was a hot day. I woke up feeling vaguely discombobulated... and remember thinking it was just the hot car talking. I only thought that for a few seconds. I told my Mom I thought we needed to pull off the highway. Ten seconds later I told her we needed to pull off the highway NOW. Traffic was stopped and not moving anywhere.

doom and chaos ensued.

While my Mom helplessly watched from the front seat, frantically glancing back and forth between me, and the highway emergency gravel sidebar lane she was trying to use.... i exploded. Just simply exploded. Think "Scanners". I was on my hands and knees in the roomy green back seat with vomit exploding out of my head out of and against one side window (those 70s windows that only rolled down halfway) The only thing that stopped this extreme vomit jet propulsion from throwing me out of the other side of the car was the equal and opposite force of the jet propulsion flow of my ass.

i basically completely filled up the car with a deliciously mixed poop/puke stew. Yummy.

it is all a blur from that point on... but eventually we got to an exit. My mom took all of my clothes, threw them away... and locked me in a gas station bathroom while she ran off to buy some new clothes. I sat naked and shivering in a truck stop sink, covered in an unholy exorcist mixture of foul bodily fluids, and then made some additions to the mix. When my mom got back, she did here best to sponge bathe me, standing up in the sink, and then put some of the gawd awful worst clothes a K-mart has ever supplied to our fine nation... all of which was about 4 sizes too small, because she panicked as she was gathering it off the shelf (I particularly remember the tiny pair of skyblue terrycloth underwear with some weird dutch cartoons on it... ah, memories).

I don't remember how we got back home, I have no idea.... but I do remember that I never saw that car again. It was just gone. poof. I am sure SOMEBODY, shomewhere, got onehelluva fine deal on a used green Impala... or maybe it was just pushed off of a cliff?

btw.... for what its worth, this is NOT the way I looked sitting/standing in the truckstop sink...

jessica-biel.jpg

but any excuse to link to this picture is a good one...

Not food poisoning, but another Taco Bell:

Last semester here at Mason I ate Taco Bell for dinner one night. Had a gordita and probably the greasiest taco I have ever seen. It was that kinda orange-looking ground beef (I think that's what got me). Well the next morning I get up to go to my 9:30 class, and as I'm walking my stomach really starts to hurt, distinct sharp pains that almost knocked me off my feet.

So I try to ignore it, and I get in class and have a seat. It keeps up and now I'm in pretty much constant pain. I get up after only like 2 minutes in class, excuse myself, and head to the bathroom. Once I'm on my throne, my stomach still really hurts but nothing is happening. I'm starting to wonder if I really have to go, until finally after about 5 minutes all hell breaks loose.

And it wouldn't stop. I must have taken like 6 different craps (if you can even call what was exiting my butt "crap") over the next 40 minutes or so. Luckily, once it was over it was really over. I got back to class and sat down for the last minute of class, unfortunately to several curious looks from my classmates and teacher. I guess when you are present for 3 minutes of a 50 minute class people start to wonder what's up.:doh:

I was 11 and it involved Taco Bell and Pepto Bismol on a trip back from Florida. The whole way home I was puking and crapping "pink".
I got food poisoning from taco bell. Thought I was going to die. Puked my life away for hours. I don't eat there anymore.
Mine involved Taco Bell also. Probably about 10 years ago or more. It was awful. Took me a few years to be able to eat there again.
Taco Bell - about 10 years ago also. It was coming out both ends at the same time. I had no friggin clue what to do.

I thought I was going to find out who #2 worked for and found out that I needed the trash can in front of me to help me out. Needless to say, I worked for #2.

Taco Bell - 1998

two mexi-melts

left work early

got home, had to make the choice

out of the mouth or the rear

any choice was wrong

picked throwing up

down one pair of pants

threw up EVERYthing in my stomach

worst 2 hours of my life

havent eaten Taco Bell since

I got sick from Taco Bell once, but it didn't involve puking. I was on I-95 headed south with some friends to watch Nascar in Atlanta. I'm not going to go into details, but let's just say when you can't find a toilet and you need one fast, you do what you have to do...

Yet, another Taco Bell. This past black friday. I was working at a mall and I was closing. One of the guys I just hired and it was his second day. We closed at 10 that night. Around 5, the wife comes by with some Taco Bell. I stuff it down quickly since we were so damn busy. Starting at 6, I had to go into the bathroom every 20-30 minutes to throwup and do #2. I did that till about 2 in the morning. I felt so bad for my new guy. Luckily he was a quick learner and was able to take care of the store.
Not food poisoning, but another Taco Bell:

Last semester here at Mason I ate Taco Bell for dinner one night. Had a gordita and probably the greasiest taco I have ever seen. It was that kinda orange-looking ground beef (I think that's what got me). Well the next morning I get up to go to my 9:30 class, and as I'm walking my stomach really starts to hurt, distinct sharp pains that almost knocked me off my feet.

So I try to ignore it, and I get in class and have a seat. It keeps up and now I'm in pretty much constant pain. I get up after only like 2 minutes in class, excuse myself, and head to the bathroom. Once I'm on my throne, my stomach still really hurts but nothing is happening. I'm starting to wonder if I really have to go, until finally after about 5 minutes all hell breaks loose.

And it wouldn't stop. I must have taken like 6 different craps (if you can even call what was exiting my butt "crap") over the next 40 minutes or so. Luckily, once it was over it was really over. I got back to class and sat down for the last minute of class, unfortunately to several curious looks from my classmates and teacher. I guess when you are present for 3 minutes of a 50 minute class people start to wonder what's up.:doh:

Seriously people. It's not food!!!!!!

2007 In Georgetown at a place called Restaurant piccolo - I bet you guys have seen it, its next to Moby Dicks and across from paper Moon.

Anyway I got a veal dish which had butter on it, ate it and about 2 hours later started to feel sick. Starting puking, and ended up puking 26 times over the next 8 hours. I was puking up stomach acid since I cound't even keep water down...Started loosing my eye sight at 8 am and had to be rushed to the hospital where I kid you not, the nurse who checked me in put down my skin color as Caucasian - I'm Indian by the way so I'm brown.

I sued the ****ing place and got $5,000 from them because they admitted the butter may have gotten rancid but my lawyer told me they said that because they didn't want to admit salmonella in the meat.

Never will I go there again - Don't go to restaurant Picollo - Oh BTW, it was valentines day!

Never had food poisoning.

My body did react to eating all natural foods when I was stationed in Sicily after years in the US with all of the additives in food.

When I played college baseball I got on a health food kick to try and get in the best shape I could.

I was eating nothing but tuna fish, grilled chicken, veggies, and nothing but water.

I was like 3 months into it and got in a situation where I had to eat fast food just because it was all that was available and I was starving.

Not 30 minutes after eating it I was in the bathroom sick as a dog.

It was Bojangles by the way.

My dad and I ate a place called Passage to India in Winchester VA back when I was in college still, around 2003 or 2004....He ate the mussels soup, but I didn't. He got sick as hell...hospitalized, and he was even delirious at times from the sickness. I really thought my dad was gonna die.

Long story short he was thinking about suing, but it was wanna those things that never came about. Anyway, i've never ate there again and I never will. He certainly won't.

this one is not mine... but a real gem, nonetheless :)

One of my best friends went to a small liberal arts college, one of the places that forces its students to live on campus all four years. Anyway, his dorm had the "end of the hallway shared bathrooms" that used to be de rigueur in college dorms (my understanding is that these are much less prevalent these days, no?)

So, anyway, the school cafeteria served a delicious meal that simultaneously poisoned 90% of the students. In the endofthehall bathrooms there was a community meeting of students... lined up, groaning, screaming, twisting and crying, waiting to get to the front of the line and use one of the toilets... after each episode everyone just marched back to the end of the line to rinse/wash/repeat.

It was a glorious bonding experience. True love.

two months later, it happened again. Nice.

2 different stories involving idiots and pizza.

1. Three guys go out of town for a concert. They order supreme pizzas and have them delivered to their hotel for dinner. The geniuses go to sleep and leave the leftover pizza sitting out overnight. The next morning for convenience and to save a buck they decide its a really good idea to just finish off the rest of the pizza.

Their 3 hour trip home took 6 hours because they violated every gas station and rest stop on their route. If it wasn't one getting sick it was another. They wouldn't say but I'm positive they were all in the restroom together at some point. But hey, at least they saved money on food.

2. Two painters enter a vacated apartment to prepare it for the new tenants. There is a box of pizza with a few leftover slices sitting on the counter. They have no idea how old the pizza is. It was at least a day old, but more than likely since the place had to be cleared out and painting scheduled it was several days old.

The first idiot starts eating a slice. The second idiot asked where he got it and then decided he wanted a piece too. Some people deserve food poisoning.

Ex husband and I at county fair.

He ate hamburger with mayo at noon.

By nine that night.....violently ill....beyond just vomiting. Shaking, fever, horrible.

I rush to hospital. Blood work. Yep.......food poisoning.

Give him injections.....tell him to wait 30 minutes then go home.

About 15 minutes after shots, he says to me......I can't breathe. He is struggling.

I scream for doctor.

He is allergic to medicine they gave him......and his throat is closing.

Immediately send me out and shoot him with epi and work on him.

We end up spending night and part of next day in hospital.

They say if we had gotten on road and then that happened, he would have died before I got him back to the hospital.

Crazy crap.

I can't remember the year but I do know it was the game of the infamous "tuck rule" between the Pats and Raiders. Anyways I hit up Wendy's a couple of hours before the game. Throw up for what seemed like forever that night. Ended up being sick for a complete week ruining my winter vacation from school. Took me forever to grab something from there again.

Archived