Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whatever the Redskins do...

MVille_Skins

Whatever the Redskins do, they need to make up there mind about what they want to do. I can't think of any other team in the league with so many questions and options that have been thrown out there come draft day. And they have all been good solutions, trade down, trade up, stay there and wait for someone to fall for us.

The last thing the Redskins need is let OTHERS TEAMS DECIDING THERE FATE...we need a plan and we need to implement it, and do it well, luckily we have someone in dan snyder who can do just that

Whatever the Redskins do, they need to make up there mind about what they want to do. I can't think of any other team in the league with so many questions and options that have been thrown out there come draft day. And they have all been good solutions, trade down, trade up, stay there and wait for someone to fall for us.

The last thing the Redskins need is let OTHERS TEAMS DECIDING THERE FATE...we need a plan and we need to implement it, and do it well, luckily we have someone in dan snyder who can do just that

What would you like the Skins to do? Don't you have a plan in mind? Everone else does.

The Skins know what they will do

:D

That's what scares me the most.. :doh:

I've seen them neglect the positions critical to our success year after year because of what they wanted to do.. I hope they do what they NEED to do this year ! We need OT, DE and OLB help!

Other teams decide each others fate all the time.

Every team has difficult choices all the time. You just pay attention to the Skins, so you can't think of other teams.

Off the top of my head. Take Detroit, yes the loser Franchise they are, don't know if they will :

* Draft Stafford

* Draft Curry

* Draft OL

* Trade Down

* Miss pick on purpose

At least they don't have the option in looking to trade up from the #1 spot. Although I see your point, Snyderatto would still try and trade up from the #1 spot.

The Redskins know exactly how and what they want to do on Draft Day. It's not like they just sit around and play cards all day. They have a plan.

Exactly and some people are going to be really upset if it develops like they want.

The Redskins know exactly how and what they want to do on Draft Day. It's not like they just sit around and play cards all day. They have a plan.

The problem is that too often that "plan" is not the one that will improve our team where it needs it the most. Continually giving up draft picks (too many in a lot of cases) for other teams cast offs (TJ Duckett, JT [Miami didn't want him]) is not a great plan. Giving away half your draft (1st and a 3rd and a possible 1st next year) for a QB who is not a sure thing is a pretty stupid "plan" as well.

The problem is that too often that "plan" is not the one that will improve our team where it needs it the most. Continually giving up draft picks (too many in a lot of cases) for other teams cast offs (TJ Duckett, JT [Miami didn't want him]) is not a great plan. Giving away half your draft (1st and a 3rd and a possible 1st next year) for a QB who is not a sure thing is a pretty stupid "plan" as well.

\

In your opinion how many QBs in the last Decade were sure things coming out?

\

In your opinion how many QBs in the last Decade were sure things coming out?

Question not directed at me but I'll answer it... Zero.

About 75% of the QBs taken in the first round have been busts. Which is why it is not a good plan to use up a plethora of picks on one.

Question not directed at me but I'll answer it... Zero.

About 75% of the QBs taken in the first round have been busts. Which is why it is not a good plan to use up a plethora of picks on one.

I looked back to the 1998 Draft, which is about ten years of drafting not including this year. here are the 1st Round QBs:

Okay looking only at First round QBs.

2008:

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco

Bust Count (Projecting 0)

2007:

JaMarcus Russel

Brady Quinn

Bust Count (Projecting 1)

2006:

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Jay Cutler

2005:

Alex Smith

Aaron Rodgers

Jason campbell

(Notable other picks Matt Casel 7th, Derek Anderson 6th, Kyle orton 4th)

Bust Count (Projecting 2)

2004:

Eli Manning

Phillip Rivers

Benn Rethlisberger

JP Losman

(Notable other picks Matt Schaub, 3rd, Luke McCown 4th)

2003:

carson Palmer

Byron Leftwich

Kyle Boller

(notable other picks Chris Simms 3rd, seneca wallace 4th)

Bust Count (1)

2002:

David Car

Joey Harrington

Patrick Ramsey

Bust Count (3)

2001:

Michael Vick

(notable other picks: Drew Brees 2nd rd)

Bust Count (1 because of what happened to Vick off the field)

2000:

Chad pennington

(Notable other picks Marc Bulger 6th, Tom Brady 6th)

Bust Count (0)

1999:

tim Couch

Donovan McNabb

Akili Smith

Daunte Culpepper

Cade McNown

Bust Count(3)

1998:

Peyton Manning

(notable other picks Brian greise 3rd, Matt Hasselbeck 6th)

Bust count 0()

total First Round picks sinec 1998: 28

total Bust count: 13

13/28 = 46% bust count. could be more if you project a few more as busts.

If I included the busts in each round that number probably goes up :/

The Skins know what they will do

it's the media that hasn't a clue, which is a good thing, the less other teams know the better :D

Ding ding ding! WE are the idiots speculating, not them. They've got it down to two or three players, depending on how things work out on Saturday.

That's what scares me the most.. :doh:

I've seen them neglect the positions critical to our success year after year because of what they wanted to do.. I hope they do what they NEED to do this year ! We need OT, DE and OLB help!

Totally agree. I was once opposed to taking going OLB with the pick, but I don't care anymore. As long as they go with any of those 3 positions, I'll be happy. Just say no to Sanchez.

Whatever the Redskins do doesn't matter.

1. Snyder will still be in charge and as long as he calls the shots were hosed.

2. We pick players we don't need (Fred Davis from last year).

3. Even when we think we get a deal they turn bad. Last year we got Thomas and Kelly, both of which were projected in the 1st round (Thomas was thought to be a top 10 pick). I think Thomas will be great but Kelly gets hurt if you look at him funny.

I looked back to the 1998 Draft, which is about ten years of drafting not including this year. here are the 1st Round QBs:

Okay looking only at First round QBs.

<snip>

Now ask how many of those non-busts came out of college early.

1998:

Peyton Manning

(notable other picks Brian greise 3rd, Matt Hasselbeck 6th)

Bust count 0

Wasn't there another QB taken in the 1st round that year?

He would bring the overall bust percentage up to 50%

Leftwhich... I could put him in the bust category and it's difficult to judge on anyone from 2005 on. All of those guys could end up being classified as busts.

For the guys we can go ahead and judge for sure, I count 11 out of 19 (or 58%) as busts. Not as bad as I thought but still pretty scary.

Wasn't there another QB taken in the 1st round that year?

He would bring the overall bust percentage up to 50%

Leftwhich... I could put him in the bust category and it's difficult to judge on anyone from 2005 on. All of those guys could end up being classified as busts.

For the guys we can go ahead and judge for sure, I count 11 out of 19 (or 58%) as busts. Not as bad as I thought but still pretty scary.

Leftwich is a good quarterback, the fluke injuries were not his fault IMO. Bledsoe was a good QB too, if not for that fluke injury in New England who knows if we'd ever have known about tom Brady.

Archived