Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

They laughin at us.

CommanderDOOM

lies frustrate always

What did they say that was a lie? We have had the lowest number of draft picks in the league since 2000 (I think, I did not look this up), and of those picks, we have only had a small handful of picks that have really panned out. These seems to be facts, not lies.

Please explain to me how these are lies.

What? You're not used to this already? It's not like it's a new phenomenon..."they've" been laughing at us for years. Frankly, I've laughed at us at times....it can be ridiculously absurd when you think about it. I just don't listen or pay attention to those who point & laugh mainly b/c these same ppl pick Dallass to win the SB every year and they've not won a playoff game since '96. That should be reason enough to know that these folks just spit out what they think is popular.

What did they say that was a lie? We have had the lowest number of draft picks in the league since 2000 (I think, I did not look this up), and of those picks, we have only had a small handful of picks that have really panned out. These seems to be facts, not lies.

Please explain to me how these are lies.

read the thread, it has been explained over and over again.

the "lie" was laughing at the Skins FO as being inept.... based on a false premise of # of starters.... but don't include starters gotten by trade of picks, ignore that the Skins have had a higher percentage of starters per draft picks 2nd only to the Giants, ignore how many draft picks are still on the roster, ignore how many players drafted by the other teams that are no longer on their team, and some dubious top pick selections.

not to mention the lie these people actually have the "expertise" to judge, much less ridicule despite the obvious fact none have had any experience or knowledge of how a FO operates, how to build a team, have ever coached or scouted

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=540014

10. The Redskins are in position to have the worst draft. Washington has gotten into the bad habit of having fewer picks than there are rounds. This year, the total is five. To make matters worse, each of their division rivals has at least twice as many picks. The Eagles and Giants have 10 each; the Cowboys have 11.

Sure, the 'Skins made a big offseason splash by signing defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, but the other three teams have counterpunched with solid, sensible moves -- something they'll continue in the draft.

This makes me feel good heading into Saturday..........

They should laugh.

Our "front office" is a joke.

What's really depressing is Snyder would be a great owner if he just out of the way and hired some solid football people who would stick to a longterm plan. Clearly he wants to win and clearly he doesn't mind spending money -- he's just going about in the completely wrong way.

We have a winner...

You guys don't get it ... the Skins are stocked at virtually every position ... they don't need a bevy of high priced "project" draft choices ... especially in this year's Draft where virtually every pick in the first round would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick in other years. The Skins could use a franchise QB to play behind Campbell ... but that's about it.

They are calling us the gang that can't shoot straight on talk radio here in the NY, NJ area, after hearing we may be trying to move up for Sanchez. Mike Francesca to be specific. He also said a little something about Snyder a while back, he said until Snyder re-leaves himself of personnel decisions we will continue to be a disaster, and this coming from a guy who is one of Bill Parcells best friends, makes you wonder what Bill thinks about Snyder behind the scenes? Of coarse that's probably a silly question after the Taylor trade, he knows our personnel department is delusional.

They are calling us the gang that can't shoot straight on talk radio here in the NY' date=' NJ area, after hearing we may be trying to move up for Sanchez. Mike Francesca to be specific. He also said a little something about Snyder a while back, he said until Snyder re-leaves himself of personnel decisions we will continue to be a disaster, and this coming from a guy who is one of Bill Parcells best friends, makes you wonder what Bill thinks about Snyder behind the scenes? Of coarse that's probably a silly question after the Taylor trade, he knows our personnel department is delusional.[/quote']

These people haven't a clue what goes on. They are on the outside pretending they are insiders. Most is just rhetoric based on nothing more than assumptions, and public perceptions.

During draft month FO aren't going to say anything to tip their hat, even to dispute bogus rumors. So it's free reign for sports journalists, even if they guess wrong, they can sin it later... saying that's what the FO was planning, but such and such happened. Even if the FO tries to dispute it later... the public just thinks they are trying to cover up.

It is impossible for a team to do everything the Skins FO is accused of, or rumored to be involved in.

It doesn't matter what the truth is, most "fans" want to believe the worse is true.

You guys don't get it ... the Skins are stocked at virtually every position ... they don't need a bevy of high priced "project" draft choices ... especially in this year's Draft where virtually every pick in the first round would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick in other years. The Skins could use a franchise QB to play behind Campbell ... but that's about it.

STOCKED???Have you even looked at either the O line or D line???

WE have the Oldest D in the League!

Archived