Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

They laughin at us.

CommanderDOOM

Did anyone see Total Access(or Path to the Draft) last night where they rated the NFC East drafts of the last five years??

Giants - A , 19 starters

Eagles- B, 14

Cowboys- A, 17

Skins- D, 9

Then they went on to joke on how we always trade our picks and how we had 3 2nd rounders last year who did nothing for us.

4 of the last 5 years were run by Gibbs. He values vets more than rookies. His strategy got him just as much success as the Cowboys under the same timeframe.

And joking about a rookie after just one year is stupid. Mario Williams is a perfect example, who has made many an impateient person eat crow.

It is not a wise thing, us trading away so many draft picks. However, it is pretty shoddy reporting that they list the number of starters, and mention how we trade away picks, but they don't look at how many picks we had in that timeframe to see how often we drafted starters. Another article brought it up, and the other 3 are in the 50's, we were at 34. Their slant tries to make it look like bad drafting, when really it's been lack of picks.

yeah, would be nice to see who we got for those traded picks. I can think off the top of 3 players that ain't with us no more and sucked when they were.

Another thing. With our FO's no worry attitude bout dishing out the big bucks, imagine what good drafting and developement would do for us. Our fan base is top notch and DC is a great place to be. We should not be a laughing stock. Not to point fingers but there are other teams who haven't won a playoff game this decade.

Kids laughed at me back in 79 because I wore a redskins hat. Let them laugh all they want. I couldn't care less.

If we win big this year...all is well. I love the redskins and nothing on earth can make me ashamed. It's really easy to be a bandwagon fan. It takes guts to bleed Burgundy and Gold!:helmet:

By the way, the jury is still out on our three, 2nd round picks. THEY ARE NOT BUST'S YET!!!

Personally, I liked the picks and I think that they will all do well this year.

They should laugh.

Our "front office" is a joke.

What's really depressing is Snyder would be a great owner if he just out of the way and hired some solid football people who would stick to a longterm plan. Clearly he wants to win and clearly he doesn't mind spending money -- he's just going about in the completely wrong way.

And joking about a rookie after just one year is stupid. Mario Williams is a perfect example, who has made many an impateient person eat crow.

It is not a wise thing, us trading away so many draft picks. However, it is pretty shoddy reporting that they list the number of starters, and mention how we trade away picks, but they don't look at how many picks we had in that timeframe to see how often we drafted starters. Another article brought it up, and the other 3 are in the 50's, we were at 34. Their slant tries to make it look like bad drafting, when really it's been lack of picks.

I agree completely. Ha ha ha, Drew Brees, what in the world was San Diego thinking picking that guy, what losers! He was a waste of a pick 2 years out. Oh wait, he won an MVP a couple years later, hmmmm. Bunch of morons.

This is like ranking teams who've had the most success because they got the most production from rookies in their first season. A team that gets lots of success from lots of rookies is a team that's hurting and probably not doing too well. Watch the Lions this year, I bet their rookies produce out the wazoo, but that's because they've got lots of non-NFL caliber talent on their team.

4 of the last 5 years were run by Gibbs. He values vets more than rookies. His strategy got him just as much success as the Cowboys under the same timeframe.

Yeah... that other article was much more professional and accurate. We've had fewer draft picks than any team, yet added an above average amount of starters from those picks. We're actually better at scouting than most teams. But hey, it's easy to make fun and requires less thought. It's simply our perception and those who don't take the time to actually study what we've done will never be able to see further than that perception.

Yeah... that other article was much more professional and accurate. We've had fewer draft picks than any team, yet added an above average amount of starters from those picks. We're actually better at scouting than most teams. But hey, it's easy to make fun and requires less thought. It's simply our perception and those who don't take the time to actually study what we've done will never be able to see further than that perception.

Very true, and sadly applies to a bunch of ESers.

Did anyone see Total Access(or Path to the Draft) last night where they rated the NFC East drafts of the last five years??

Giants - A , 19 starters

Eagles- B, 14

Cowboys- A, 17

Skins- D, 9

Then they went on to joke on how we always trade our picks and how we had 3 2nd rounders last year who did nothing for us.

Were they wrong?:cool:

.... We've had fewer draft picks than any team, yet added an above average amount of starters from those picks. We're actually better at scouting than most teams....

I agree.

I'd previously commented that I thought our scouting was the weakest part of our team, but after reading the article you're talking about I am convinced that isn't the case, not our college scouting anyway, I think it was our pro-player scouting that's been really weak, but I'm assuming our personel decisions are based somewhat on scouting and not just hype.

Poster-TheySeeMeRollin.jpg

hahaha that's awesome. You can't really be upset about them telling the truth though. The honest truth though is that we typically draft well with the picks we keep. They can say whatever they want about our second round picks last year. Yes, they did close to nothing last year, but the reality is all signs are pointing to marked improvement in work ethic and getting toward that potential both this offseason and extending into the regular season. Horton was a steal, Moore is supposed to be the better player and developing into that role. Rhinehart is said to have really caught on and is expected to compete this year. Not much is known about Tryon (he may be just a backup ST guy), and the punter didn't work out. Colt is Colt and neither a bust or a steal.

Look back through the guys we have drafted and where we drafted them. Guys like Landry, Blades, Rocky, Cooley, etc. have all been at least as good if not better than the spot we drafted them in. The only guys that have not worked out have been 6 and 7 round picks like some of the linebackers we've taken.

Unfortunately, we should be laughed at about how few picks we retain, especially given if you extrapolate the percentage of good players we draft to the number of guys we could have if we'd kept our picks....:logo:

By the way, the jury is still out on our three, 2nd round picks. THEY ARE NOT BUST'S YET!!!

Personally, I liked the picks and I think that they will all do well this year.

Devin Thomas is the next Andre Johnson.

Malcolm Kelly could become a decent player too but I don't know what to think of Fred Davis with CC still here. Davis was the best in school tho and maybe CC could get us a 1st round pick in the future.

A wild card win in the past ten years and you want to complain about someone laughing at us? If not for that wild card win we are the Dallas Cowboys.

complaining?? No. This is complaining- Our FO should really consider a new approach if they ever wanna get back to the being the franchise we were in the early 90's. Simple things it seems everybody else knows, we struggle to grasp reasoning with. Pressure on the QB's. Protect QB's. OL/DL. Consistency with personel(not changing pieces in and out like a kid's card collection).

The draft. Can't 'buy' championships. all duh but we don't get it.

Archived