Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Blog: Malcolm Kellly is All Business

SkinsAllDay34

I really, really, really hope Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas pan out this year, but to paraphrase the great Yogi Berra, "80% of this game is mental. The other half is physical."

Doing the physical part is easy for a young stud. Spending time in the playbook is harder and it's where, according to Zorn, both of these rookies were having trouble getting up to speed. Doing the physical work is good, but I'd like to hear less about their workouts (and their late night partying) and more about them putting their noses in the playbook.

For me, there was NEVER a question about Kelly. His talent, his personality, his competitiveness, his intelligence. All we need is for his knee to work and its a wrap. He will easily be our #1 or #2 WR. IT'S ALL ABOUT HIS KNEES. THAT'S IT....If his knees suck, he will suck. If his knees are fine we will have a beast....If he is has another season like last year where he is hobbled by that knee, I will officially brand him as a bust, and chock it up as another L for the FO.

according to Zorn, both of these rookies were having trouble getting up to speed. Doing the physical work is good, but I'd like to hear less about their workouts (and their late night partying) and more about them putting their noses in the playbook.

good point, but i think they're hearing simlar things to what we (the board) are expressing.

point being i think they, as well as the rest of the team, will know the playbook better. the true test is....

how talented are we really

what?!?!?!?

Marshall is aweome, thus why denvr is praying he doesnt get suspended

what the **** are you thinking?!?!?

No, it's all the QB. Kevin Lockett would have been a 1500 yard receiver if he had Tom Brady throwing him the ball. WRs are a penny a dozen. It was all Steve Young giving Jerry Rice his records. Talent at WR? Who the hell cares? Let's upgrade the real position: QB. Randle El is a deep threat, it's just the QB who sucks....The only WRs we should be looking at are UDFAs. Heck, why even worry about Moss's hammies? Let's trade him, JC, and the two rookies to DA BEARS for Jay Cutler.

/vicious sarcasm

I gotcha good, didn't I?

http://blog.redskins.com/2009/04/15/malcolm-kelly-is-all-business/#continuedGood interview. Seems like he is really focused on getting back and showing people what he can do......Likes to watch Larry Fitz,

Kelly: "You know, not really, man. Just went back home for Easter, you know, so anytime I get to go back home, I go back, chill with my parents, my homeboys from back home. So that's really about it. Every day here, I work out, go eat, I sit at the house and I watch a few Larry Fitzgerald tapes."

Is he your guy?

Kelly: "Yeah, man. Him and Brandon Marshall, man. I like those two guys. Especially Larry Fitzgerald, because that's kinda how I play football too: play off the ground."

Do you think you can take something from his game?

Kelly: "You can see when he goes on the field that he has confidence in himself, and that's what you have to have, y'know? Like I said, those deep throws -- I don't know if you've ever noticed -- when he jumps for the ball, DBs aren't jumping. A lot of DBs don't jump when receivers do. So if you've got a guy who can go up and get the ball, go up and meet the ball, he's gonna have the upper hand every time."

I LOVE that he watches Larry Fitzgerlad.

Maybe he'll turn these:

261x.jpg

100x75.jpg?center=0.5,0

into catches

For me, there was NEVER a question about Kelly. His talent, his personality, his competitiveness, his intelligence. All we need is for his knee to work and its a wrap. He will easily be our #1 or #2 WR. IT'S ALL ABOUT HIS KNEES. THAT'S IT....If his knees suck, he will suck. If his knees are fine we will have a beast....If he is has another season like last year where he is hobbled by that knee, I will officially brand him as a bust, and chock it up as another L for the FO.

that pretty much sums it up. Of course those knees are a BIG if. But you're right, IF the knees are healthy we have our version of Plaxico or Fitzgerald.

Lets start a prayer group for his knees!

I'm so glad that he said he's going to keep strengthening his knee. I hope thats all it takes. Towards the end of the year, it seemed he was healthy, but just wasn't versed enough in the playbook.

Thinking....how could you say that Kelly seemed healthy towards the end of last season when you know that he had more surgery after the season?

These two WRs are young men and are human.

FTW!

Get a RT and we're ready to go. Been a while since we've had a go get the ball/great hands WR like Malcomb Kellly, fingers crossed his knee holds up 'cos talent isn't an issue with this guy.

Thinking....how could you say that Kelly seemed healthy towards the end of last season when you know that he had more surgery after the season?

Because towards midseason Zorn was talking about putting him on IR. After he decided not to, we never heard about his injury again during the season. The story turned to him not being up to date in the playbook.

So he seemed healthy towards the end of last season.

I just prays he proves the doubters wrong. If he can be as good as reported, we may have a real good offense this year.

I hope your right. I'm one of those doubters. Anytime you have multiple knee operations your just not the same. He is a young guy with "cronic knee problems" I like his attitude but he has to show us something this year not to be considered a bust. IMHO Hey I wouldn't mind if he only caught 10 balls this year....as long as they were TD's inside the redzone.

For purely selfish reasons I want him to get on the field. But truly I hope his knees get better because he's going to be in PAIN when he's older.

He's got a tremendous attitude and good work ethic - unlike Thomas, according to reports in year 1. Hopefully he can stay healthy and contribute this year. I'll be his biggest fan

If either of those two can contribute this season as a full time starter, our team will be so much improved.

Like Zorn said, it's the middle of the field where we have our troubles and a better passing game, thanks to added weapons, will help that a ton.

And if our O can move the ball a little better, score over 20 a game and maintain control of the time clock, our D should be able to win us the games.

I'm officially excited and on board.

If either of those two can contribute this season as a full time starter, our team will be so much improved.

Like Zorn said, it's the middle of the field where we have our troubles and a better passing game, thanks to added weapons, will help that a ton.

And if our O can move the ball a little better, score over 20 a game and maintain control of the time clock, our D should be able to win us the games.

I'm officially excited and on board.

Amen to that. I love seeing Malcolm taking this seriously. You can tell he really wants to be a great receiver.

I wonder if he really is a man of his words or simply talking the talk. I really hope he is the WR we have needed since the Posse, I hope he is healthy and I hope he learns the playbook. However I will remain guarded in my hope that he is all that many think he is. Time will tell one way or the other that I know for sure.

Archived