Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Tea Parties Forever by Krugman

alexey

Again: They're protesting taxation WITH representation. What's their alternative? Less taxation to pay for digging out of the huge hole we're in? Less spending to dig out of the huge hole we're in? Where are the actual alternatives these folks are offering? Or is it just noise?

NO, some think that the spending is pointless and won't work. They don't want to see everything go up becuase one man thinks he can spend his way out of the mess and be the hero.

Many think we should leave things alone. But of course, when this view opposes the democrats and Obama, they must be shut up and can't have thier opinions.

How exactly did bush get us into this. The war?? gonna say the housing and credit problem is his fault too.

Last time I checked the dems ran the depts related to freddie and fanny. I do recall Bush and his people warning the dems about this and they ignored the warnings.

SO exactly how did bush create all of this??

Arnold is not a what you would consider a red Republican, more of a purple one, I guess. :o)

Well, its looks like Obama supports are showing up at Tea Parties now too, holding up signs that say "Where were you all 8 years ago".

Source, OC REGISTER

LoL @ Obama supporters

Dude it's not about Obama, it's about government spending and the government spending our money to bail out corupt failing business.

You're right -- it's really not about the protesters. It's about the politicians the protesters predominantly seem to be in line with: Politicians who, despite being professional policy crafters and solution providers, are offering nothing but "Nononononono."

...As if they're only protesters.

I have to disagree with you. I think this is really a grass-roots thing. I think the repub politicians have regretably so, jumped on the bandwagon, Trying to hyjack true and genuine anger at the govt and obama.

In fact I saw news today at a protest in cali, where a republican congressman showed up and he was badmouthed by the speakers and people in the crowd as part of the problem.

I feel bad for SS, this was essentially a campaign for liberty type grass-root event that has been hijacked by movement conservatives.

My real beef is with people like Sean Hannity, Michelle Malkin, the entire pajamas media crowd, the free republic folks, etc. I have serious problems with movement conservatives. Where were they when it mattered? They were too busy cheering on the national-security state and blaming liberals for everything. It is amusing to see people like Malkin complain about the DHS report ( you reep what you sow) and general government abuse. This is the same women ( pretty much applies with all movement conservatives) who cheered every damn civil liberty abuse under Bush's watch, for god's sake the women even defended the idea of interment.

and may I add irresponsible Mortgage holders

The ones that took ARMs to buy a Bigger house...or took a second to buy a new car (not the ones that lost jobs)

You can't just blame it on Mortgage Brokers, it was greed of homeowners who all the sudden thought they were real estate investors and bought 2nd and 3rd homes to flip them with option arm loans and when the equity shrunk up they let them default causing home values to plummet even more. There is enough blame to go around for everyone. The american dream turned into a fantastical fantasy world of material things and ultimately greed got the better of us all.

You can't just blame it on Mortgage Brokers,.....
True

When I said Mortgage holders I ment the homeowner

Sorry

I do agree that there might have been some "Preditory lenders" BUT

There was just as many soon to be home owners that gave a "wink and a nod" to the fraudulent agreement being drawn up...both parties are at fault

You can't just blame it on Mortgage Brokers, it was greed of homeowners who all the sudden thought they were real estate investors and bought 2nd and 3rd homes to flip them with option arm loans and when the equity shrunk up they let them default causing home values to plummet even more. There is enough blame to go around for everyone. The american dream turned into a fantastical fantasy world of material things and ultimately greed got the better of us all.

And what did the people who payed their taxes and mortgages on time get?

I got laid off at the end of last year, found a job and didn't miss a mortgage payment, yet I had to write Uncle Sam a check for $1,000 today. And no I don't make a ton of money.

People who over spent on their house and couldn't pay their mortgage got a free pass on their refianance and a tax return.

When do I get a freebie ?

So LEFT wing protesters, burning, looting, and smashing, in the name of anarchy, or protesting the ebil world bank get coverage and are heroic members of the loyal opposition.

RIGHT wing protesters cheering things like, oh, smaller government, lower taxes, and not bailing out companies that SHOULD FAIL are bat-**** crazy?!?!

**** the left. **** their media. **** their message. Let them remember what happens when THEY motivate OUR base!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Carry on. :)

How can left wing protesters protest in the name of anarchy?

It's the left that wants no restrictions on drugs, or killing babies, or many other things that most people with a moral compass consider reprehensible. It may not be flat out anarchy they want, but you know what I mean.

So LEFT wing protesters, burning, looting, and smashing, in the name of anarchy, or protesting the ebil world bank get coverage and are heroic members of the loyal opposition.

RIGHT wing protesters cheering things like, oh, smaller government, lower taxes, and not bailing out companies that SHOULD FAIL are bat-**** crazy?!?!

**** the left. **** their media. **** their message. Let them remember what happens when THEY motivate OUR base!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Carry on. :)

Who in the world ever called the anarchist *******s that regularly cause violence at World Bank protests heroic members of the loyal opposition? Pretty much everyone over the age of 24 who isn't an anarchist themselves recognizes those idiots for what they are.

I mean seriously man, when has anyone ever praised them beyond their own fringe friends?

Come on dude, you're better than this bull****.

Unless you believe somehow that those anarchists who show up from around the world to fight with the police at these giant protests are NOT on the Homeland Security watch lists, or that the FBI and every other agency dedicated to watching out for fringe whacko groups just give them a pass.

I bet they are on those lists, and I bet they're waaaayyyy up there near the top.

~Bang

Who in the world ever called the anarchist *******s that regularly cause violence at World Bank protests heroic members of the loyal opposition? Pretty much everyone over the age of 24 who isn't an anarchist themselves recognizes those idiots for what they are.

I mean seriously man, when has anyone ever praised them beyond their own fringe friends?

Come on dude, you're better than this bull****.

~Bang

Maybe I'm pissed that because simply because my kids don't live with me (but I provide) 50% of their support, I have no deductions. As a result, I owe an additional $1039.75 to a god damned government who takes my money and uses it to prop up FAILURE.

My average paycheck (no shame here) is a gross $1500-1600. My NET paychecks after child support and taxes are $760, give or take.

And my money doesn't go to border enforcement increases (oh, well, it does go to border increases going SOUTH) it goes to companies that have FAILED.

Maybe I'm pissed off that simply because I want to keep MY money, not pay out the ass for proven failures, and make a damned living of my own, I'm a ****ing nut job.

But it's OK. I KNOW what happens when they piss off my base. And they do too. So bring it. :)

Archived