Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Tea Parties Forever by Krugman

alexey

hardly an unbiased representation my friend.

you do realize that each individual gathering this week may have been planned by different organizations and groups dont you?

Not all of these folks are in the neocon camp, in fact i'd challenge that many are dead set against them just as dead set against the big government agenda of the current administration.

That would be a out right lie of what it is supposedly a "grass roots" internet coming together of fed up americans. So now there a organizations that planned this so called Grass Roots movement? It would not be a grass roots movement now, would it.

"the tea parties are not the grassroots movement Fox News would like you to believe. They are being heavily promoted by corporate-funded lobbyist groups, including Dick Armey’s Freedom Works. And Fox has enthusiastically taken up the banner of these far-right protests: Just yesterday, host Stuart Varney declared, “It’s now my great duty to promote the tea parties.”

Hmmmm, Fox News spinning something again?

Also why are people who voted for bailouts allowed to speak at some of these events?

That is the perfect question and of course leads us back to the co-opted tea party accusation.

btw, who is speaking that voted for the bailouts and where? they should be ridiculed along with all the other big spenders, regardless of who set up the event.

And that plan seems to be simply maintaining status quo in some Bush agenda items yet dramatically broadening the negative impact of the same plans via spending and Federal government growth and power.

LOL...what? Bush spending was trillions on a war that had no way of bringing in capital. Obamas plan is definitely a daunt task, but its at least trying to create new jobs. Bush did nothing but promote a war and ask for more money on the war and nothing was spent on the countrys infrastructure.

Dude, you are aware that you got a tax break right? Sorry, I assume you make less than 250K. I apologize if thats inaccurate.

That would be a out right lie of what it is supposedly a "grass roots" internet coming together of fed up americans. So now there a organizations that planned this so called Grass Roots movement? It would not be a grass roots movement now, would it.

"the tea parties are not the grassroots movement Fox News would like you to believe. They are being heavily promoted by corporate-funded lobbyist groups, including Dick Armey’s Freedom Works. And Fox has enthusiastically taken up the banner of these far-right protests: Just yesterday, host Stuart Varney declared, “It’s now my great duty to promote the tea parties.”

Hmmmm, Fox News spinning something again?

Yes, Fox news is spinning again.

and I thought I made myself very clear in an earlier post. These did start with grassroots organization (yes, organization does happen on a grassroots level, regardless of what you think) and many of the events were either co-opted or literally copied by establishment organizations.

regardless of who ultimately planned these, we cant ignore that real people, with real concerns, have left real jobs for the day, spent real money and time to make themselves heard. That fact cant be mitigated.

....I think it is an excuse for the Republican base to whine about Democrats, Obama, gay people, brown and black people, etc.
WOW

I fully expect "Brown and Black" people to be at the protests in support (some might even be gay)

Stop making up stuff

The Republicans have no voice, are crazy and unimportant.

lets focus on them as opposed to getting into the details of anything important.

We will not actually investigate who is running lets say 30% of these meetings.

We will not actually report on who talks when where and why.

What i will do is dig up every article i've every written, take a few pieces from each (heres one on Delay from 12 years ago) and repost crap in the form of an opinion piece.

LOL...what? Bush spending was trillions on a war that had no way of bringing in capital. Obamas plan is definitely a daunt task, but its at least trying to create new jobs. Bush did nothing but promote a war and ask for more money on the war and nothing was spent on the countrys infrastructure.

Dude, you are aware that you got a tax break right? Sorry, I assume you make less than 250K. I apologize if thats inaccurate.

I'm sorry if you are having trouble with the raw FACT that president obama has retained most of the Bush agenda items (which were troubling to say the least) while spending an inordinant amount of taxpayer money as well as expanding the powers of Federal government to even larger proportions.

2 wrongs, especially if the second wrong is even more wrong, never, ever, make a right.

http://teapartymn.com/mn-tea-parties-list/st-cloud/

The ones in Minnesota look tiny and grassroots to me..

And to be clear:

Libertarians cordially invite you to a Tea Party

April 9th, 2009 · 33 Comments

Press Release

Anti-tax rallies “the kind of ‘community organizing’ Obama should have been doing”

WASHINGTON — America’s third largest party is urging Americans to join millions of libertarians and other advocates of economic freedom at one of thousands of “Tea Parties” being held on April 15.

The “tea party” concept started with the Libertarian Party of Illinois (LPI) who began organizing a 2009 Tax Day ‘Boston Tea Party’ in Chicago back in December of 2008 and created a Facebook group for it on Feb. 10, 2009, according to the LPI. Nine days later, CNBC’s Rick Santelli, broadcasting from the floor of the Chicago stock exchange, popularized the concept.

I believe it was the LIBERTARIAN party, not the obscure Republican party that started this.

10 minutes in Google could have saved Mr. Krugman some ranting.

That is the perfect question and of course leads us back to the co-opted tea party accusation.

btw, who is speaking that voted for the bailouts and where? they should be ridiculed along with all the other big spenders, regardless of who set up the event.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/08/gopestablishment-joins-teaparties/

Crenshaw, Shadegg, Myrick, Corker (sending reps). I know there are others that aren't listed.

Yep, looks very grassroots to me.

I admit that I may be biased against these Tea Parties because the only people I ever saw talking about them were on FreeRepublic.

And they were not going because they "thought the Federal Government had too much authority." They were going because they hate and fear Obama, gays, foreigners, the media, elites, etc.

The genuine message that guys like SnyderShrugged would like to promote was not evident at all, not one bit.

Snyer, most of Bush's "agenda" cannot be changed until they have run their course, mainly some of Bushs Tax plans. Obama's evironmental plans are alreay different than Bushes as well as this administrations views on the allowing the states to dictate their own laws on Medical Marijuana, the federal goverment will not be cracking down on the Dispenseries, the came from the Attorney Generals mouth. So where do you get "Most" of from? Some things have to be carried over, abrutly stopping them is not feasable. Bush screwed the country so bad, that its need to be down slowly, it will probably take two years.

I'm already tired of this conversation. You are already convicting him after 3 month in office and I'm already defedning him. I'm gonna sit back and give it a year or two for him to sink or swim, and if he fails I have no problem critisizing him, but if he succeeds will you be able to applaud him?

I'm gonna sit back and give it a year or two for him to sink or swim, and if he fails I have no problem critisizing him, but if he succeeds will you be able to applaud him?

Actually, he will. SnyderShrugged is a true believer in his political point of view, but he is also an honest and intelligent debater. That cannot be said for everyone on the Tailgate (or anywhere else).

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/08/gopestablishment-joins-teaparties/

Crenshaw, Shadegg, Myrick, Corker (sending reps). I know there are others that aren't listed.

Yep, looks very grassroots to me.

are you claiming that these represent ALL of the tea parties? Did you even read Thiebears last post?

Dont be dense, read the entire thread before you post and you will end up ok.;)

I wasn't aware that fox news was in the business of promoting large events? I thought that they were a news organization which reported events like this....news to me

Sorry to hear that. Apparently you weren't paying attention for the entire decade. ;)

This teabagging (LOL) stuff would pass the hypocrite test if it had taken hold during the administration of the right wing's one-time favorite son. Not a scant three months into the other guy's term.

It's going to take a bit longer than a quarter for America to forget what these so-called "conservatives" supported by giving Bush their money and their votes. Either the right wing has completely lost its memory, or these tea parties are being staged atop 100% pure Astroturf. Or more likely, both.

Every political party and group has their share of nutjobs and corporate cash. Some just do a worse job of keeping them away from the ship's wheel.

Snyer, most of Bush's "agenda" cannot be changed until they have run their course, mainly some of Bushs Tax plans. Obama's evironmental plans are alreay different than Bushes as well as this administrations views on the allowing the states to dictate their own laws on Medical Marijuana, the federal goverment will not be cracking down on the Dispenseries, the came from the Attorney Generals mouth. So where do you get "Most" of from? Some things have to be carried over, abrutly stopping them is not feasable. Bush screwed the country so bad, that its need to be down slowly, it will probably take two years.

I'm already tired of this conversation. You are already convicting him after 3 month in office and I'm already defedning him. I'm gonna sit back and give it a year or two for him to sink or swim, and if he fails I have no problem critisizing him, but if he succeeds will you be able to applaud him?

Sorry bro, but I call em like I see em, and I dont see much change thus far.

You wont find any debate from me that most of President Bush's policies ultimately had negative impact (depite my embarrassing support for him early in his presidency) I think you may be misconstruing me in with the Hannity's of the world. Dont.

I'll be the first to applaud if the policies actually work in the long term. Personally, I dont see how they can though. (That appluase will only come if the Federal government power goes back closer to what it should be though, and that would require these "programs" and spending to expire. I wont hold my breath on that )

Actually, he will. SnyderShrugged is a true believer in his political point of view, but he is also an honest and intelligent debater. That cannot be said for everyone on the Tailgate (or anywhere else).

I can attest to that. SS and I have different viewpoints on a lot of issues but he's not irrational like a lot of the people (on all sides of the spectrum) can be and he backs up his arguments with facts.

To those on the left: Wouldn't just ignoring this be a better option? :whoknows:

I still ignore all the crazy left wing nut jobs that come out to protest the IMF, World Bank, and the anti war protests in 2003 (all of these which have plenty of astroturf feel with A.N.S.W.E.R sponsoring them and coordinating them on a far greater level)

Archived