Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paulus, Michigan's Next QB?

dcoles11

that'd be sick! lol I thought he graduated already though.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the rule is, you have 5 years to play 4 years of athletics.

So he played basketball for 4 years in the span of 4 years. Which means he has one year left to play a sport, any sport but basketball of course.

wow. what an amazing run.

You are right, that wasn't much of a clip.

But if his high school clips and scouting evaluations are accurate, Forcier does look to be well suited to Rodriguez's system. In fact, he looks a heck of a lot like Pat White.

You are right, that wasn't much of a clip.

But if his high school clips and scouting evaluations are accurate, Forcier does look to be well suited to Rodriguez's system. In fact, he looks a heck of a lot like Pat White.

i haven't heard of him. but i don't follow recruiting. i hadn't heard of pat white either.

rrod is a great coach. he was 28-21 before pat white at wvu. that won't cut it at michigan. so he needs forcier to be the 2nd lightning strike that he catches in a bottle. he needs forcier to come up huge this year. because i don't see the um alum being patient to go thru 2 years like last one.

Rich Rodriguez could always recruit well, and he does the same at Michigan.

A better video of Forcier is here, you can see some more highlights. Someone posted the full Spring game on youtube, around 5 minute mark you can see him drop back and hurl a deep ball to Roy Roundtree

hwo the **** would paulus fit in a rich rodriguez offense LOL

i'm faster than this kid haha

I realize it's easy to get a lot of laughs at his expense and that you are probably joking about being faster than he is, at least I hope you are.

But even though his basketball career wasn't of legendary status at Duke this guy is still an incrediable athlete and all of us would give our left (name the body part) to accomplish half of what he's done or have our future son's have anything close to the athletic career he's had.

In high school he was an All-American is football and basketball and could have played QB at Miami or Notre Dame.

He played 4 years of basketball at Duke, i'm assuming he's also going to recieve a degree from Duke.

Then when he got done with that, the Packers and it's been reported 6 other NFL teams, think enough of him to have a workout with him.

Then a storied football program like Michigan is at least some what interested in having him play QB for them.

I'm sure he did not live up to his own or other's expectations while at Duke but this guy is no way any sort of failure, he's done things in his athletic life that most of us could only dream about doing in our backyards.

I realize it's easy to get a lot of laughs at his expense and that you are probably joking about being faster than he is, at least I hope you are.

But even though his basketball career wasn't of legendary status at Duke this guy is still an incrediable athlete and all of us would give our left (name the body part) to accomplish half of what he's done or have our future son's have anything close to the athletic career he's had.

In high school he was an All-American is football and basketball and could have played QB at Miami or Notre Dame.

He played 4 years of basketball at Duke, i'm assuming he's also going to recieve a degree from Duke.

Then when he got done with that, the Packers and it's been reported 6 other NFL teams, think enough of him to have a workout with him.

Then a storied football program like Michigan is at least some what interested in having him play QB for them.

I'm sure he did not live up to his own or other's expectations while at Duke but this guy is no way any sort of failure, he's done things in his athletic life that most of us could only dream about doing in our backyards.

it was obviously a hyperbole and i get you're a duke fan

Thinking about his qb's at WVU though and then thinking about paulus behind center in a rich rod offense seems kind of weird though

i dont doubt hes athletic nobody gets to duke or any D1 school to play sports that isnt, hes just not your typical rich rod qb

I've seen Paulus play... In person. He was at a 7 on 7 passing tournament up here and the kid can straight sling a football. He put the ball in some incredibly tight spaces and just looked like a football player.

Most people up here believed he had a better chance to go to the NFL in football than he did in basketball.

it was obviously a hyperbole and i get you're a duke fan

Thinking about his qb's at WVU though and then thinking about paulus behind center in a rich rod offense seems kind of weird though

i dont doubt hes athletic nobody gets to duke or any D1 school to play sports that isnt, hes just not your typical rich rod qb

I think you are forgetting that Rch Rod's spread offense wasn't exactly designed for a player like Pat White, who was a run first kind of guy.

The first any of us saw of Rich Rod's spread offense was at Tulane with Sean King who played in the NFL, he was not a run first guy. That Tulane team went undefeated as was very successful offensively.

I think his offense adapts to the strength of the QB, if the guy can throw he's going to pass, if he's like Pat White, he's going to run more than pass. You do have to be mobile in the offense, even if you are more of a passer but i'm pretty sure Paulus is a good enough athlete to do that.

I think you are forgetting that Rch Rod's spread offense wasn't exactly designed for a player like Pat White, who was a run first kind of guy.

The first any of us saw of Rich Rod's spread offense was at Tulane with Sean King who played in the NFL, he was not a run first guy. That Tulane team went undefeated as was very successful offensively.

I think his offense adapts to the strength of the QB, if the guy can throw he's going to pass, if he's like Pat White, he's going to run more than pass. You do have to be mobile in the offense, even if you are more of a passer but i'm pretty sure Paulus is a good enough athlete to do that.

i remember rrod from his glenville state days in the wviac, and you're right, his qb then was a statue. lots of 5 yard outs, quick stops / slants, etc.

if um gives rrod 3 full years, he could win a title. damn, i hate him and miss him all at once. :(

i remember rrod from his glenville state days in the wviac, and you're right, his qb then was a statue. lots of 5 yard outs, quick stops / slants, etc.

if um gives rrod 3 full years, he could win a title. damn, i hate him and miss him all at once. :(

RRod was at Clemson with Woody Danzler too wasn't he? I'm having hard time remembering Danzler's style, I know he did run, but I remember him being a passer as well, probably more of a runner than Sean King but also more of a passer than Pat White.

RRod was at Clemson with Woody Danzler too wasn't he? I'm having hard time remembering Danzler's style, I know he did run, but I remember him being a passer as well, probably more of a runner than Sean King but also more of a passer than Pat White.

yes, he was the oc @ clemson. the fact that he had woody friggin' dantzler in the heisman race is a testament in itself of his prowess. :silly:

i think your assessment is about right, though i didn't watch dantzler much. saw him more as a cowboy than a tiger.

Archived