Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paulus, Michigan's Next QB?

dcoles11

it was obviously a hyperbole and i get you're a duke fan

Thinking about his qb's at WVU though and then thinking about paulus behind center in a rich rod offense seems kind of weird though

i dont doubt hes athletic nobody gets to duke or any D1 school to play sports that isnt, hes just not your typical rich rod qb

and you know this because you talk to Rich every day :evilg:

if he wants to bring him on to be QB then I guess he is a Rich QB afterall, wouldn't you have to think that :doh:

he ran the spread offense in HS and was a freak at QB

As far as I can tell, searching through Google News with keywords "Paulus Michigan", this is no joke. He's being considered. Again, with freshman phenoms in Forcier and possibly Robinson (if he isn't moved to WR, which my sources tell me might occur), I don't know why they need Paulus at QB.

Also http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/ncaa_blog/2009/04/greg_paulus_now_visits_michiga.html

UPDATE (1:55 p.m.): Duke football coach David Cutcliffe wants Paulus to try out for one of the wide receiver spots on the team over the last six practices of the spring.

Lol

paulusQBPG.jpg

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2009/4/15/838599/paulus-at-michigan

I will be shocked - SHOCKED I SAY - if Paulus ends up in a Michigan uniform. Eligibility issues are not something I am an expert on, but assuming that all works out, it would be a stark departure from Michigan's current policy regarding transfers, which is essentially "no." Of course, this is a different situation than a JUCO with questionable grades, but it's still a very clear "one and done" type deal with little regard to the academic facade that Michigan likes to put up.

If Paulus does come to Michigan, I would expect him to be in a backup roll to Forcier. He would basically be coming to get the feel of football again before trying some sort of NFL venture. IMO, there is no way Rodriguez can mortgage the future of the QB position by not starting Forcier this year. If Forcier is truly the future of that position in Ann Arbor, then he should be getting as many reps as possible this year regardless of how clunky he is. Plus - do you really think Paulus is going to be that much better after having not thrown a football in 4 years? I doubt it.

that's what an article said...lemme find it.

April Fools Joke by Fox News Sports

If it's an April fools joke it's gone out of control. David Cutcliff (spelling?) Duke's head football coach was on Sports Center tonight talking about Paulus and how he offered him a chance at playing WR for the football team.

Also, sports center said Michigan declined to comment on the meeting between Paulus and Rich Rod. If it was just an April's fool joke, wouldn't Michigan have denied it instead of just simply declining to comment?

Your school hasnt beaten a good team in 4 years in football and has no basketball program to speak of. :stfu:

:rotflmao:

Your logic is staggering. We smacked around your conference champ...........who beat you.............on your home turf. What's that say about your **** program?

:whoknows:

But hey, if you want to continue sounding like a jilted lover, don't let me stop you.

:thumbsup:

:rotflmao:

Your logic is staggering. We smacked around your conference champ...........who beat you.............on your home turf. What's that say about your **** program?

:whoknows:

But hey, if you want to continue sounding like a jilted lover, don't let me stop you.

:thumbsup:

Name the best team you've beaten in 4 years.

The reason VT's coaches dont go anywhere: Nobody wants them.

Name the best team you've beaten in 4 years.

The reason VT's coaches dont go anywhere: Nobody wants them.

Besides all those ACC Championships? Hmm, I guess 2008 Cincy and 2005 WVU. But you're right, those teams suck.

My bad.

But I'd replace "beaten" with "dominated."

UNC was begging for Beamer. He showed some loyalty though and didn't leave his alma mater. WVU has no problem keeping their alumni, do they? Oh wait.

Oh and congrats on your first round elimination in the Dance. Your basketball program is awesome.

Besides all those ACC Championships? Hmm, I guess 2008 Cincy and 2005 WVU. But you're right, those teams suck.

My bad.

But I'd replace "beaten" with "dominated."

Oh and congrats on your first round elimination in the Dance. Your basketball program is awesome.

Wow, Cincy. I am blown away they make your list of BEST teams VT has beaten in YEARS. You must be proud.

All those ACC championships. :rotflmao: Way to beat.......nobody. Which is why your list of best teams VT has beaten includes nobody from the ACC. :laugh:

Thanks for the congrats on making the tourney yet again. How'd VT do in the NIT? I cant seem to remember since NOBODY cares. :thumbsup:

Way to hijack the thread. I guess Hokie fans need to talk it up now before their first game when they are scheduled for another 30+ point shellacking.

I just dislike Duke and Michigan (sorry). H4S feels the need to make threads about VT for no good reason.

Well, I understand why you would dislike Michigan, given that they are the No. 1 all time College football program, both in terms of total wins and in winning percentage. So many people are jealous, and rightfully so.

:movefast:

I just dislike Duke and Michigan (sorry). H4S feels the need to make threads about VT for no good reason.

I didn't say squadoosh about VT football until you started blasting it.

I simply pointed out that your hatred of UM due to your obsession with RichRod made you sound pathetic.

Seriously, get over it.

:peaceout:

I don't have any clue how he could have chose basketball over football if his goal is to become a professional. The guy is in the lower teir of basketball athletes. He never had a chance, which he proved time and time again.

He should have pursued football, but he might by lucky with this one year of eligibility remaining. Maybe this was his plan all along, play the sport you love, then play the sport you are good at and prove a point.

Another failed Dukie........****ing moron, he should have played football in college and taken the free ride. He will not get drafted in the NBA because he is too small and sucks ****ing ass (like most Duke players).

Another failed Dukie? Nothing like getting a Duke education, playing 4 years of basketball at Duke, then when thats over workout for the Green Bay Packers then get interest from Michigan's football program. What an absolute failure this guy is!

I love the fact that you think he's a moron, for one you're talking about a guy with a Duke education, and two, if playing the sport you love because you have the oppurtunity makes you a moron, then I think he'd gladly take the label as a moron. Don't you only wish you had the chance to be a "moron" by choosing to play baskeball for an elite basketball program over playing football at any number of elite programs.

He got a free ride to play basketball as well, so i'm not sure what you mean by should have taken the free ride, and basketball was the sport he wanted to play obviously, so again if choosing what you want to do makes you a moron I think he's fine with that label, we could only be so lucky as to have to make the choice between playing major college football or basketball.

I don't think he has any idea of being drafted by the NBA, so i'm not sure why you're bashing him about that, should we bash Bobby Frasor or any number of the hundreds if not thousands of college basketball players that aren't going to get drafted into the NBA?

As I said earlier in the thread, you'd give your left (name the body part) to have half the athletic career that Paulus did and you'd love for your sons to have the success in sports that he's had.

If you don't like Duke or Paulus thats fine but to go off on this rant with all the cussing about what a moron on he is and how he sucks is just a little over the top.

Archived