Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Campbell to Browns for Quinn

addicted

It's sad to have to discussions like this when our franchise QB is sitting on the bench as we speak. If Campbell has a bad year, I can't WAIT to see Colt in action.

"Franchise QB ?!" Colt?!

What do YOU know that 31 other NFL teams don't?!

Colt MIGHT be an okay backup, but we all know how the "best QB in college" doesn't always translate to the NFL. Such will also be the case for Colt.

It's sad to have to discussions like this when our franchise QB is sitting on the bench as we speak. If Campbell has a bad year, I can't WAIT to see Colt in action.

This type of talk has got to stop, it's just as bad as the "lets trade _____ for _______ ideas.

How in the world can you say Colt is a franchise QB? What has he ever done that would make you believe that?

Could it happen? Sure it could, but as of right now, saying he's a franchise QB is ridiculous.

The people that are around him and see him in action more than anyone on this board think he's a 3rd string QB.

Yeah let's go into the season with 2 "new" QB's in our system, that makes no sense.

If Leftwich is so good, why has no team signed him? Are you sure you want your team being lead by him, with no experience in our system?

I will be nice and just say I don't like this idea at all.

He's a ROOKIE, his 1st starting yr, come on, our QB has been in the league 4 years. You got to be kidding me.

Yes Jason Campbell has been in the league for 4 years under 3 different offensive schemes and has only started 2 of them. You JC haters always point out "he's been in the league 4 years". How many years has he started in the league? Compare that........................:doh:

RED06

You guys gotta tell me so I understand...

Are you voting the idea down because:

Your not sold on Quinn being any good

You believe we would be in better shape with Campbell and think we can re-sign him if he earns the deal

Or something else, I gotta understand why this is a bad idea.

We missed our opportunity with Cutler so I think we should stand pat w/ Campbell. Then either draft a lineman giving Campbell zero excuses and he'll either succeed or fail or draft Sanchez and have him ready for the future.

Yes Jason Campbell has been in the league for 4 years under 3 different offensive schemes and has only started 2 of them. You JC haters always point out "he's been in the league 4 years". How many years has he started in the league? Compare that........................:doh:

RED06

The problem many have is not resulting from constant coaching changes. We get that. We understand, but he has habits that should be worked out of a QB by the time he's been in the league for four years and if you try to force him out of those habits at that point you'll have a serious period of regression trying to clean up those habits if he can shake them at all. Personally I hope he throws 25 TDs and 3500 yards and we go to the playoffs so we can win and actually finally have a solid QB.

i think we can trade Campbell for Quinn and then Sign both Garcia and Leftwhich. The important think is not to release Collins and Brennan. Everything is going to get clearer when you understand that we MUST draft Sanchez from USC. At this point we can really make the Snyder revolution. We line up with 4 quarterback on the line (Brennan, Lefwitch Quinn and Sanchez) having Collins and Garcia as back up (we will call this offence the sigh & gulp a modern versionof run and shoot)

Then we trade Portis for 5 fifth round pics and Santana e Cooley for a used peanuts bag.

At this point we have enough cap space to sign Santa Claus next Christmass.

This is our FO idea..

Threads like this are why I hate the off season. Brady Quinn has shown nothing to warrant a trade for him. Trading Campbell is stupid period. He is in the last year of his contract. If he doesn't show enough to warrant being re-signed we have another young QB on the roster.

the reason you trade Campbell now is to avoid the pit fall we have been in with so many other people we have let go. we have been paying him a good size pay-check, and instead of letting him go for nothing get a player or draftpick out of him atleast.

No Quinn please this whole take 2 steps backward and 1 step forward crap is getting old. Campbell is coming into his 2nd year with an offense that takes about 3 years to learn. Calm down and be patient.

How can you say it takes 3 years to learn? It's a new system I don't know that Zorn even knows where he is going with it. How can it take 3 years to learn a system being designed around him?

With all of the talk and speculation about the failed push for Jay Cutler and potential three way trade that would have sent Cutler to us, Jason Campbell to Cleveland, and Brady Quinn to Denver something strikes me as odd. Since that trade failed, why don't we simply cut out the middle man and make the trade for Quinn ourselves?

And this is the reason why I hate the offseason.

Dude, we'd be in the same boat as last year if you trade Campbell for Quinn. Another QB, learning a new offense. Face it, the team isn't trading Campbell for anyone.

Quinn is not good! As much as I like the idea of moving Jason, I would rather move him for older guys like Hasselbeck, Bulger, Leftwich or even take a flyer on Vick before I got Quinn. We'd be in the exact same spot we are in now with Campbell if we got Quinn.

Archived