Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"No one else in the league wants Jason Campbell..."

I dont belive that the skins were trying very hard to trade JC. Like they said they inquired about Cutler, (Just talked with the broncos) just as many other teams in the NFL did. I think they were just testing the waters, just as many ohter teams did. They probably knew before they even talked with the Broncos that they wouldnt trade JC for Cutler, but they just wanted to see what kind of deals were out for a taking. This does NOT mean that the skins do not want JC. In fact, if they really wanted cutler snyder can always find a way to get a big deal done!!!!!

Just for the record, Steve McNair ended up in the PRO BOWL but he did not have a breakout season until his 8th year. He did not throw for 20 TD passes until his EIGHT season. in fact his first 16 game season, McNair threw for 14 TD's. Sound familiar. It should because in Jason Campbells first 16 game season he threw for 13.

EIGHT SEASONS. In fact McNair started only 2 games his first season, and only 4 his second season. As opposed to Campbell who started and played in NONE his first season. Completely sat on the bench, basically for 2 years, and when he finally goT a shot at starting, it was in...thats right...A BRAND NEW SYSTEM.

We always seem to come back to that don't we. New systems all over the place and Jason sitting on the bench for his first year and a half, yet everybody wants to tag him as that EXPERIENCED veteran with FOUR years of experience.

JUST AIN'T SO.

We always seem to come back to that don't we. New systems all over the place and Jason sitting on the bench for his first year and a half, yet everybody wants to tag him as that EXPERIENCED veteran with FOUR years of experience.

JUST AIN'T SO.

4 years

3 systems

3 QB coaches

3 OC

2 head coaches

36 starts

1 full 16 game season as a starter

So why isn't he a pro bowl QB already?

geez :rolleyes:

4 years

3 systems

3 QB coaches

3 OC

2 head coaches

36 starts

1 full 16 game season as a starter

So why isn't he a pro bowl QB already?

geez :rolleyes:

Excellent breakout bubba, and thus these are the reasons why it is only fair to wait until halfway through this season before anyone even thinks about evaluating Jason Campbell. Eight games should be enough for me, but most of the haters will probably be screaming at the first incompletion.

Its just the way they are wired.

lol

I guess 36 starts don't count towards any experience then. How should we categorize them? You're in limbo starts? You get a free pass starts? Learning a new system starts? O-Line sucks starts? Receivers suck starts?

No, Campbell finally got a full year of Starts. To which the FO tried to get Cutler and brought Leftwich in for a workout. Would you than say it was a Good Start, or a Bad Start????

Where should we Start?????:D

Of the other 30 teams in the league, the only other team that weighed in on the matter was the Cleveland Browns, who apparently did want Jason Campbell.

I find it hard to believe that the Browns wanted JC and we didn't bring back Quinn? Very stupid on our part if what you say is true? Which it sounds like more typical made up assumption to try and conjour up some credentials for JC that he's been unable to obtain on the field.

When it was made known that Cutler was unhappy in Denver we immediatly heard team after team inquiring about a trade for him, on the other hand when teams heard we were looking to deal JC to try and obtain Cutler how many teams did we hear contacting us on his availability? None! There's your answer on how many team actually want JC.

In the context of what we tried to do that may be a fair assessment, but I kind of doubt it. Teams knew what we were trying to do-trade for Cutler, what position we were in-without the adequate picks and how desperate we seemed to be-Dan Snyder's M.O. so they weren't trying to help us out.

There are 2 other factors at play in teams not wanting to acquire Campbell also.

1. He'd be learning yet ANOTHER offense.

2. He's got one year left on his deal. No team is going to acquire an expiring QB contract for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick. That would be a completely foolish move on that team's part, to trade a 2nd round pick for a one year player. Too bad we weren't trying to trade him TO the Redskins!

If we had another viable QB option, I wouldn't doubt we'd have no less than 10 teams calling to check on Campbell's availability.

This is what it boils down to. Its not that the Bronco's didnt want Campbell. Its that the Bronco's dont see Campbell as a starter. If the Bronco's would had got Campbell, Campbell would want to start and that would be another drama situation for the them because the bronco's are trying to draft Sanchez. So basically the bronco's was looking not only for 2 1st round picks, but also a backup qb with nfl experience and thats where Kyle Orton fits in.

I keep reading this statement again and again on threads...as well as this nugget of wisdom: "The only team in the NFL that wants Campbell is the Redskins."

Why do people keep saying either of these things?

As for the 1st statement:

The only team we know of that did not want Campbell was the Broncos. But as Bang pointed out on another thread, they also didn't want Cutler lol. Does it mean anything that the Broncos didn't want Cutler, didn't want Campbell...but DID want Kyle Orton?

I mean, how many of you would have gotten excited if you woke up yesterday morning and heard that Snyder and Vinny traded Campbell to the Bears and got Orton to replace him? And we wouldn't have received any extra draft picks because, you know, obviously Orton is a better QB than Campbell, right? Since the Broncos think so then "everyone in the NFL" must think this as well...in fact, we probably would have had to sweeten the deal and also give the Bears our 3rd round or 5th round draft pick, at minimum. Would that be cool with you?

Of the other 30 teams in the league, the only other team that weighed in on the matter was the Cleveland Browns, who apparently did want Jason Campbell.

So since when does "Broncos don't want Jason Campbell" = "Nobody in the NFL wants Jason Campbell"?

As for the 2nd statement:

So the Skins are the "only team in the league who wants Jason Campbell"?...Is that why the Skins were trying to get rid of him? lol

Since when does "Trying to trade Jason Campbell away" = "Wanting to keep Jason Campbell as the QB"?...Doesn't that seem at least a little contradictory?

If any of you have posted either of these comments, I'd love some clarity lol :silly:

They wanted Cutler pretty badly actually. Sure they looked into Castle. He looks as good as Cutler and he knows Denver's new system which comes from NE so he would be a huge help to a new HC trying to install the system and win right away. When the trade didn't work out they tried everything they could to keep Cutler. So it's not like they wanted to run Cutler out of town.

As for the Skins, They are always looking at upgrades. They considered Cutler an upgrade so they took a shot because it would have been foolish to ignore the opportunity. That's it.

There are 2 other factors at play in teams not wanting to acquire Campbell also.

1. He'd be learning yet ANOTHER offense.

2. He's got one year left on his deal. No team is going to acquire an expiring QB contract for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick. That would be a completely foolish move on that team's part, to trade a 2nd round pick for a one year player. Too bad we weren't trying to trade him TO the Redskins!

Uh.....Orton only has one year left on his deal.

In the context of what we tried to do that may be a fair assessment, but I kind of doubt it. Teams knew what we were trying to do-trade for Cutler, what position we were in-without the adequate picks and how desperate we seemed to be-Dan Snyder's M.O. so they weren't trying to help us out.

If we had another viable QB option, I wouldn't doubt we'd have no less than 10 teams calling to check on Campbell's availability.

What about the position the Broncos were in? I mean their qb came out and told the world that he would not play for them. Denver had to move him yet they still had a line waiting to give up the farm for Cutler.

If the Skins tried to trade JC do you or anyone else think for one minute they could garner two #1s a 3rd and qb?

What about the position the Broncos were in? I mean their qb came out and told the world that he would not play for them. Denver had to move him yet they still had a line waiting to give up the farm for Cutler.

If the Skins tried to trade JC do you or anyone else think for one minute they could garner two #1s a 3rd and qb?

Cutler wanted a trade when the Broncos neophyte head coach wouldn't commit that Cutler would be the starter, period. Instead, McDaniel kept hedging and said he was the starter now, but wouldn't definitely commit. Then the Broncos owner backed his neophyte head coach, a typical management practice.

I don't blame Cutler for wanting a trade.

I find it hard to believe that the Browns wanted JC and we didn't bring back Quinn? Very stupid on our part if what you say is true? Which it sounds like more typical made up assumption to try and conjour up some credentials for JC that he's been unable to obtain on the field.

When it was made known that Cutler was unhappy in Denver we immediatly heard team after team inquiring about a trade for him' date=' on the other hand when teams heard we were looking to deal JC to try and obtain Cutler how many teams did we hear contacting us on his availability? None! There's your answer on how many team actually want JC.[/quote']

Team after team for Cutler? From what I read, it was only I think 4. And why would a team call us for Jason Campbell when we only offered him in the trade for Cutler? To my knowledge Jason Campbell never officially hit the trading block to see how many teams ever wanted him.

So there's your answer.......................

RED06

Team after team for Cutler? From what I read, it was only I think 4. And why would a team call us for Jason Campbell when we only offered him in the trade for Cutler? To my knowledge Jason Campbell never officially hit the trading block to see how many teams ever wanted him.

So there's your answer.......................

RED06

I wouldn't bet the house on that.

I wouldn't bet the house on that.

Ok, when did he hit it then? Officially? No rumors, or your hypothetical feelings! But this team as of yet have put Jason Campbell officially up for trade to any other team other than the Cutler trade. Period!

RED06

Ok, when did he hit it then? Officially? No rumors, or your hypothetical feelings! But this team as of yet have put Jason Campbell officially up for trade to any other team other than the Cutler trade. Period!

RED06

What you consider hitting the market and what happens without public knowledge is (whether you believe it or not) on the market.

You say he isn't I said he is so let's just leave it at that.

What you consider hitting the market and what happens without public knowledge is (whether you believe it or not) on the market.

You say he isn't I said he is so let's just leave it at that.

Yeah ok, if you say so!

RED06

Archived