Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warren Moon talking about Redskins

gobigred

yet no one would give a second round pick for him.

Hey look at it this way most of the teams that need a qb do not want to spend any money on their players. I am still shocked with the Bears this is so against everything they believe. We don't even know if that is true. I think until you can protect him how can you judge. B-more's qb was good becuase he had time to make plays and let me say this watch the transition of Cutler because the Bears line is not that good.

That's a fair point too. Maybe the media sees something else? I don't know. I just think its weird that people like Matt Mosely, Peter King, and Warren Moon, etc. seem to think he has what it takes, but no one has seen it yet. I just hope we start winning. That's all I'm asking for!

OLD OL+ young QB / Only two good reciever= Poor Offense production

OL, OL, OL, OL, is where this thing is everyone knows it. I don't know why we can't see it. When line played good we were 6-2, When the line played bad 8-8 look at games from last season that is what i did. Even the run game suffered.

let's hope this is true

It can't be true. Too many people think it's been too much time for Campbell to develop as a NFL QB, so obviously Campbell sucks. What does Warren Moon know? What does Jim Zorn know? They're idiots!

I bow to the superior knowledge of our resident Extremeskins experts. Thank God the team has this message board!

OLD OL+ young QB / Only two good reciever= Poor Offense production

OL, OL, OL, OL, is where this thing is everyone knows it. I don't know why we can't see it. When line played good we were 6-2, When the line played bad 8-8 look at games from last season that is what i did. Even the run game suffered.

Thats why I think OL is a bigger priority in the draft than DL or OLB. Our defense was #4 last year and now we've added Haynesworth and Hall. Our offense was #19 and all we've done is add Dockery. Our OL isn't getting any younger so bring in a young T, G, or C to add depth and youth. If we can do that, I think we can be successful next year.

A combination of all of the above. It's on him, it's on his new systems and it's on his tools.

Well, he's in the same system for twice, he's got the tools that also need to step up and now it's up to him.

And let's hope he does well!

I hope so.

I see flashes of brilliance, but in all honesty the man needs better offensive protection.

Why the heck can't soap operas like this Cutler thing be for a O-Lineman instead of a QB?

It seems like alot of people around the league speak highly of Jason. Why hasn't he shown it yet though? That's the thing I'm worried about. Everyone talks about his potential, but why hasn't he produced yet? Is it really learning all the systems? Is it the players around him? Is it him? I just hope he can get things figured out soon so we can start winning games!

Where were you at the beginning of last year when the Oline actually protected him.. They all but handed him the MVP.. Then the lines wore down and we sucked. Everyone wants to put that on JC, well he proved he can do the job when he's got protection, we know what we need to give him to succeed. If the team doesn't give it to him, you can't blame him..

Where were you at the beginning of last year when the Oline actually protected him.. They all but handed him the MVP.. Then the lines wore down and we sucked. Everyone wants to put that on JC, well he proved he can do the job when he's got protection, we know what we need to give him to succeed. If the team doesn't give it to him, you can't blame him..

I'm not entirely blaming him at all. Even in those 8 games, he still wasn't setting the world on fire. He was averaging a TD a game and averaged 219.5 ypg. Most of the offense was going through Portis at that point. In half those games, Campbell threw for less than 200 yards. In those same 8 games Portis had 7 TDs and averaged 118 ypg. Including 5 straight games with over 120 yards. So, I would argue that Portis was a bigger reason for Campbell's success during those 8 games. Then when the line play started to slip it affected both of them. But its not like JC was lighting it up before the line started faltering.

I want the Redskins to score as many points as possible. The problem with being content with 24 points a game is that we often get beat by 3 points.

That is totally unacceptable. Do the Patriots win games by limiting their offensive production? No, they win by scoring the most points, however many that is.

The problem is that everyone has been saying these things about Campbell since he was drafted and nothing has come of it yet. He clearly has all the tools, he says the right things, he works hard, but he just hasn't been able to put it all together just yet.

Although I still think that we were running a high school offense last year and it's amazing that he threw for over 3,000 yards. He definitely has the ability; I'm hoping he puts it together this year.

The problem is that everyone has been saying these things about Campbell since he was drafted and nothing has come of it yet. He clearly has all the tools, he says the right things, he works hard, but he just hasn't been able to put it all together just yet.

Although I still think that we were running a high school offense last year and it's amazing that he threw for over 3,000 yards. He definitely has the ability; I'm hoping he puts it together this year.

"Since he was drafted"? He's only started 2.5 years out of a 4-year career. It blows my mind how impatient some people are when it comes to the development of a player at a position that I'm convinced is the most complex and difficult to master in all of professional team sports.

You know right away when you're looking at the top and bottom 5-10% of the talent at QB. It's the middle 80-90% that take time to shake out, and that's the category that Campbell falls into, like it or not.

"Since he was drafted"? He's only started 2.5 years out of a 4-year career. It blows my mind how impatient some people are when it comes to the development of a player at a position that I'm convinced is the most complex and difficult to master in all of professional team sports.

You know right away when you're looking at the top and bottom 5-10% of the talent at QB. It's the middle 80-90% that take time to shake out, and that's the category that Campbell falls into, like it or not.

We should give Todd Collins more time. He's only started 1.2 years out of a 14 year career. He's even been in at least three systems now. Let's be patient with him.

We should give Todd Collins more time. He's only started 1.2 years out of a 14 year career. He's even been in at least three systems now. Let's be patient with him.

It's always funny when people try to have a snappy response and miss.

Todd Collins isn't starting material, but he ironically proves the point about the value of a player staying in and mastering a single system over a period of time - something Jason hasn't had.

Try again.

It's always funny when people try to have a snappy response and miss.

Todd Collins isn't starting material, but he ironically proves the point about the value of a player staying in and mastering a single system over a period of time - something Jason hasn't had.

Try again.

Why isn't he starting material? Is this one of your great player evaluations again where you claimed we had plenty of depth on our OL and DL for 2008?

You know what? I'm sick of all the Campbell followers saying that he needs continuity, and he needs this and that. Bottom line. He's a professional football player. Something we all dream of being. He gets paid to PLAY A GAME. At some point, he just needs to get it done. I'm tired of people coddling him and saying give him some time... blah blah blah.

He ran a west coast offense at Auburn. The year that ultimately made him a first rounder. He was starting material then. Why? He had a talented team around him. If everything around the guy is perfect, he's serviceable/not bad. Great QB's improvise. JC does not. I don't wanna have to build a team to be a pro bowl starting team, with a serviceable QB. This not only make the offense not very exciting, ,it also makes the team harder to assemble. If you have a stud QB he can put the team on his back, and WIN THE GAME FOR THE TEAM, not the team win the game for him. I fully agree that he needs a good supporting cast around him, but at some point, he needs to be a professional and perform.

Who cares about the number of offenses he's learned? This should mean a number of things.

1. He knows more offensive plays than anyone else on the team

2. Since he ran a WCO in College, he shouldn't be that far away from being profeicent in JZ's Offense.

3. He should be able to improvise in the huddle WAY easier, since he has all of this knowledge.

4. He should be able to read EVERY DEFENSE HE SEES. He cannot do this, AT ALL. He made ONE OR TWO audibles last year. How come Peyton does it EVERY TRIP TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE?

Point blank, JC is not a leader, or a very good QB. PERIOD.

It's time to admit JC is not the answer, and move on to plan b. Colt B. How many people want to see Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Andre Carter, Carlos Rogers, and every other fan favorite win a SB or at least have some good playoff memories? CP won't make the Hall unless he gets a ring. How are we going to get these guys the prize when the contestant is a ****ing backup? By the time JC comes around, CP will be gone, Santana will be gone, Cooley will be gone... it's time to think about everyone else on the team.

You know what? I'm sick of all the Campbell followers saying that he needs continuity, and he needs this and that. Bottom line. He's a professional football player. Something we all dream of being. He gets paid to PLAY A GAME. At some point, he just needs to get it done. I'm tired of people coddling him and saying give him some time... blah blah blah.

He ran a west coast offense at Auburn. The year that ultimately made him a first rounder. He was starting material then. Why? He had a talented team around him. If everything around the guy is perfect, he's serviceable/not bad. Great QB's improvise. JC does not. I don't wanna have to build a team to be a pro bowl starting team, with a serviceable QB. This not only make the offense not very exciting, it also makes the team harder to assemble. If you have a stud QB, he can put the team on his back, and WIN THE GAME FOR THE TEAM, not the team win the game for him. I fully agree that he needs a good supporting cast around him, but at some point, he needs to be a professional and perform.

Who cares about the number of offenses he's learned? This should mean a number of things.

1. He knows more offensive plays than anyone else on the team

2. Since he ran a WCO in College, he shouldn't be that far away from being profeicent in JZ's Offense.

3. He should be able to improvise in the huddle WAY easier, since he has all of this knowledge.

4. He should be able to read EVERY DEFENSE HE SEES. He cannot do this, AT ALL. He made ONE OR TWO audibles last year. How come Peyton does it EVERY TRIP TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE?

And I'm sick of the whiny ****s on this board who think you pop an NFL QB into the microwave and you have a fully developed superstar in 5 minutes.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! My QB's not developing fast enough for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

3409089091_edef808ef3_t.jpg

It can't be true. Too many people think it's been too much time for Campbell to develop as a NFL QB, so obviously Campbell sucks. What does Warren Moon know? What does Jim Zorn know? They're idiots!

I bow to the superior knowledge of our resident Extremeskins experts. Thank God the team has this message board!

I agree! They don't know crap! lol

It's pretty ridiculous, but we'll see what happens.

This is something that doesn't get much attention. I agree completely, that Zorn was coaching way too vanilla. And people wonder why he didn't throw many TDs. When did you REALLY see the opportunity for him to do so?

All the starts are aligned for JC to breakout, I hope he can do it.

No they're not.

We still need to see some decent OL, and consistent receiving.

JC had some accuracy problems last year, but he wasn't helped when he was accurate at times either - drops, poor blocking, etc. He needs to improve on consistency/accuracy though, no doubt.

I don't think the stars are aligned though - that's like saying we've assembled a team we're confident in around him and not some unproven 2nd year WRs and a continually aging OL.

See sig. Oops, I forgot I changed my sig. It was a Scouts Inc article saying that Campbell was a natural born leader.

That, and combined with what everyone says about him, I dunno man. I trust other people more than I trust your opinion on this.

Yeah, we've been waiting for "big things from him for a while". How much longer do we wait? I don't think he has the IT factor. 13 TD's is not a good for a QB who started all 16 games. I would venture to guess that is the lowest in the NFL for a QB who started 16 games last season.

No they're not.

We still need to see some decent OL, and consistent receiving.

JC had some accuracy problems last year, but he wasn't helped when he was accurate at times either - drops, poor blocking, etc. He needs to improve on consistency/accuracy though, no doubt.

I don't think the stars are aligned though - that's like saying we've assembled a team we're confident in around him and not some unproven 2nd year WRs and a continually aging OL.

Youre sadly right. We need this draft to reload, big time. Even then, it would likely depend on one of the 2nd year pass catchers and the new rookies getting into the game.

Archived