Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warren Moon talking about Redskins

gobigred

See sig. Oops, I forgot I changed my sig. It was a Scouts Inc article saying that Campbell was a natural born leader.

That, and combined with what everyone says about him, I dunno man. I trust other people more than I trust your opinion on this.

Yeah, but he just gave you his opinion. You should pay attention to him.

No they're not.

We still need to see some decent OL, and consistent receiving.

JC had some accuracy problems last year, but he wasn't helped when he was accurate at times either - drops, poor blocking, etc. He needs to improve on consistency/accuracy though, no doubt.

I don't think the stars are aligned though - that's like saying we've assembled a team we're confident in around him and not some unproven 2nd year WRs and a continually aging OL.

And this is why the Cutler deal would have been a huge folly, compounding our already years-long deficiencies at loading the roster up with good, developing talent. Cutler would have failed here because our already thin offensive roster would have been inferior to what he had in Denver, and because we'd have had even less to use to reload it in terms of draft picks than we even have now.

The continued neglect of the lines by Snyderatto has been embarrasing.

You know, I trust these former QBs insights more than random 'analysts' in the media or reporters.

Jaws, Joey T, Moon, D. Williams all have said that Campbell should be able to become a very good QB in the NFL. It's a matter of putting everything together and having enough confidence in himself and the scheme to play football without worrying about whether he's getting sacked or if the WRs are open.

Yeah, but he just gave you his opinion. You should pay attention to him.

Oh good, his opinion. What's his opinion worth? What's mine worth and what's this board's worth? All I'm telling him is that the players in the lockerroom - the ones that Campbell is supposed to lead - have their own opinion too.

And its not the same as his. Last I checked, when it comes down to who's leading who, the opinion of the players in question are far more valuable than this board combined. Should I still pay attention?

now see mine

And that is your opinion. Good for you. My quote was from a respected football analyst company. Yours is your own.

Oh good, his opinion. What's his opinion worth? What's mine worth and what's this board's worth? All I'm telling him is that the players in the lockerroom - the ones that Campbell is supposed to lead - have their own opinion too.

And its not the same as his. Last I checked, when it comes down to who's leading who, the opinion of the players in question are far more valuable than this board combined. Should I still pay attention?

Irony and sarcasm are not your strong suit, are they?

That's a fair point too. Maybe the media sees something else? I don't know. I just think its weird that people like Matt Mosely, Peter King, and Warren Moon, etc. seem to think he has what it takes, but no one has seen it yet. I just hope we start winning. That's all I'm asking for!

Hasn't seen what yet?

I saw JC almost singlehandedly pull out the victory against the Saints in week 2 down 9 in the fourth quarter. The 23 yard play to Cooley on third and long while backed up against their goal line. Then the beautiful spiral to Moss for 60+ yards securing victory out of the jaws of defeat

Down two TDs early in Philly, rallying our team for a key road win.

Beating Dallas in Dallas.

Those games are just a few glimpses of what he can do.

In year two of the Zorn midwest coast offense and with the redshirt receivers with more experience should bear some good fruit this season.

Patience!

Hail!

Hasn't seen what yet?

I saw JC almost singlehandedly pull out the victory against the Saints in week 2 down 9 in the fourth quarter. The 23 yard play to Cooley on third and long while backed up against their goal line. Then the beautiful spiral to Moss for 60+ yards securing victory out of the jaws of defeat

In year two of the Zorn midwest coast offense and with the redshirt receivers with more experience should bear some good fruit this season.

Patience!

Hail!

I don't want a few glimpses though. I want a consistent QB who I have faith in when we are trailing in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes to go that he can lead us to victory. Have you seen that consistenly have Jason yet? Yes he can have his moments, but I want to see it more than 2 or 3 times a season. That's all I ask for. I want a QB that can get us TDs in the red zone, not settle for FGs all game. When JC starts doing that, then I'll be happy.

You know what? I'm sick of all the Campbell followers saying that he needs continuity, and he needs this and that. Bottom line. He's a professional football player. Something we all dream of being. He gets paid to PLAY A GAME. At some point, he just needs to get it done. I'm tired of people coddling him and saying give him some time... blah blah blah.

He ran a west coast offense at Auburn. The year that ultimately made him a first rounder. He was starting material then. Why? He had a talented team around him. If everything around the guy is perfect, he's serviceable/not bad. Great QB's improvise. JC does not. I don't wanna have to build a team to be a pro bowl starting team, with a serviceable QB. This not only make the offense not very exciting, ,it also makes the team harder to assemble. If you have a stud QB he can put the team on his back, and WIN THE GAME FOR THE TEAM, not the team win the game for him. I fully agree that he needs a good supporting cast around him, but at some point, he needs to be a professional and perform.

Who cares about the number of offenses he's learned? This should mean a number of things.

1. He knows more offensive plays than anyone else on the team

2. Since he ran a WCO in College, he shouldn't be that far away from being profeicent in JZ's Offense.

3. He should be able to improvise in the huddle WAY easier, since he has all of this knowledge.

4. He should be able to read EVERY DEFENSE HE SEES. He cannot do this, AT ALL. He made ONE OR TWO audibles last year. How come Peyton does it EVERY TRIP TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE?

Point blank, JC is not a leader, or a very good QB. PERIOD.

It's time to admit JC is not the answer, and move on to plan b. Colt B. How many people want to see Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Andre Carter, Carlos Rogers, and every other fan favorite win a SB or at least have some good playoff memories? CP won't make the Hall unless he gets a ring. How are we going to get these guys the prize when the contestant is a ****ing backup? By the time JC comes around, CP will be gone, Santana will be gone, Cooley will be gone... it's time to think about everyone else on the team.

You made some good I want Colt Brennen to be my qb points the sad thing is 3 years ago you were probably saying the same thing about JC when Burnell was starting. What everyone is saying is we still don't know because of the way the FO has run this team. Tell me one qb that played behind a bad OL and was successful? (Take Your Time I Will Wait), and as far as some players being gone that is whats going to happen when the organization does not have an identity think about it what is this teams bread and butter. In the Gibbs day with Riggo it was power run, then changed to pass friendly with Fun Bunch and Smuffs. We don't have that right now I would say we are a power run team but this OL can't do that consistantly. I will say it once I will say it twice the OL is the problem. Fix the line Offense will be fixed.

I don't want a few glimpses though. I want a consistent QB who I have faith in when we are trailing in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes to go that he can lead us to victory. Have you seen that consistenly have Jason yet? Yes he can have his moments, but I want to see it more than 2 or 3 times a season. That's all I ask for. I want a QB that can get us TDs in the red zone, not settle for FGs all game. When JC starts doing that, then I'll be happy.

Fair enough....I still think you give JC more than a year in an offense with decent OL protection and playmakers besides Moss and Cooley, you'll see results. I think we all want him to do well, not only for him, but especially for our 'Skins.

Hey, this is JC's contract year. He better step up right?

Hail!

I was just listening to Sirius Radio's Moving the Chains. Randy Cross and Carl Banks were interviewing HOF'er Warren Moon. Carl asked Warren what he thought about Jason Campbell and the Redskins. He said he met with Jim Zorn during the season and he talked real high on Jason Campbell and that Zorn feels that Campbell has a lot of upside. Moon also stated he was surprised about the trade rumors based on their conversations. He also said he believes that the move was more by Snyder based on the history that he has of making moves without even consulting the coaches; he feels that Campbell will be good once they protect him better, he will be a great qb and "you are going to see Jason Campbell do so big things in this league"

Carl Banks feels Jason has been set back more becuase of coaching changes and having to learn 4 different off. Banks also said he has watched him at least twice a year going to games since he has been in the league and studied him on film and feels he is going to be a good qb with stability in his coaching and protection and if Thomas and Kelly become what they planned in drafting them the redskins will be fun to watch.

Sounds pretty good to me since I have been feeling the same way as well as some of my fellow bloggers. Good to hear it from football guys.

Thank you! Finally someone that has merit for their opinion. And not from someone that has NEVER taken a snap at QB in college or the NFL. Like so many of these Redskins fans on here.

You know what? I'm sick of all the Campbell followers saying that he needs continuity, and he needs this and that. Bottom line. He's a professional football player. Something we all dream of being. He gets paid to PLAY A GAME. At some point, he just needs to get it done. I'm tired of people coddling him and saying give him some time... blah blah blah.

He ran a west coast offense at Auburn. The year that ultimately made him a first rounder. He was starting material then. Why? He had a talented team around him. If everything around the guy is perfect, he's serviceable/not bad. Great QB's improvise. JC does not. I don't wanna have to build a team to be a pro bowl starting team, with a serviceable QB. This not only make the offense not very exciting, ,it also makes the team harder to assemble. If you have a stud QB he can put the team on his back, and WIN THE GAME FOR THE TEAM, not the team win the game for him. I fully agree that he needs a good supporting cast around him, but at some point, he needs to be a professional and perform.

Who cares about the number of offenses he's learned? This should mean a number of things.

1. He knows more offensive plays than anyone else on the team

2. Since he ran a WCO in College, he shouldn't be that far away from being profeicent in JZ's Offense.

3. He should be able to improvise in the huddle WAY easier, since he has all of this knowledge.

4. He should be able to read EVERY DEFENSE HE SEES. He cannot do this, AT ALL. He made ONE OR TWO audibles last year. How come Peyton does it EVERY TRIP TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE?

Point blank, JC is not a leader, or a very good QB. PERIOD.

It's time to admit JC is not the answer, and move on to plan b. Colt B. How many people want to see Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Andre Carter, Carlos Rogers, and every other fan favorite win a SB or at least have some good playoff memories? CP won't make the Hall unless he gets a ring. How are we going to get these guys the prize when the contestant is a ****ing backup? By the time JC comes around, CP will be gone, Santana will be gone, Cooley will be gone... it's time to think about everyone else on the team.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug....

Have you ever played QB in college or the NFL?

It seems like alot of people around the league speak highly of Jason. Why hasn't he shown it yet though? That's the thing I'm worried about. Everyone talks about his potential, but why hasn't he produced yet? Is it really learning all the systems? Is it the players around him? Is it him? I just hope he can get things figured out soon so we can start winning games!

the offesive line is too old. first 6 games the olds guys on the line were still fresh. after the 6 games the old o-line got tired so jason started to look bad

Thank you! Finally someone that has merit for their opinion. And not from someone that has NEVER taken a snap at QB in college or the NFL. Like so many of these Redskins fans on here.

I'm kind of curious what Randy Cross had to say about it.

As for me, rooting for him is no problem. It's him not living up to my expectations, is.

What you said!

And, what irks me the most is that we gave up 3 draft round choices including a first rounder to draft him. As of date, he hasn't lived up to all the hype and expectation. Hope he does ... soon.:saber:

Hasn't seen what yet?

Don't forget the final drive to tie it up in San Fran. That was all Campbell.

See sig. Oops, I forgot I changed my sig. It was a Scouts Inc article saying that Campbell was a natural born leader.

That, and combined with what everyone says about him, I dunno man. I trust other people more than I trust your opinion on this.

And I trust my eyes on what I see on gameday. I see a kid who will make a beautiful throw, and then throw 2 yards above/behind moss on the next play. I see a kid with a terribly slow release that is either too afraid or incapable of fitting the ball consistently in small windows, which is something you need at this level. I see a kid with limited pocket presence, who doesnt have a natural feel for evading the rush. I see a kid who's deep ball leaves a lot to be desired in terms of accuracy on a consistent basis. I see a kid with very limited anticipation, and who makes slow reads of the defenses he faces.

All of these things have been problems since day 1. He has improved marginally, but at this rate, he'll be 32 before he can produce on a regular basis.

Sorry, but I dont judge on potential. Ramsey had all the potential in the world and never lived up to any of it. Potential doesnt win games; production does. He was the natural-born leader leading the 29th worst scoring offense last year. he's got one more shot. Produce...or GTFO.

This is why I want a stud Linebacker or DE in the 1st round, I think our D has the potential to be legendary, we're talking 2000 Ravens, 1985 Bears style D here. Remember I'd rather us win 13-10 or 13-3 than lose 37-34. Now some things do need to change on our D: We need another pass rushing threat, a stud SLB and we need Blache to stop going prevent.

On Offense, DT and MK need to step up and we need to rebuild that line, I would not be unhappy if we went O-Line with our first two picks either. Just don't grab a WR or RB

i'm so tired of this all being put on JC. i too wish the man could throw a 40yd strike from his butt planted by a LB...the zman...well i'm not that sold. play the rookies....we need an OL first and foremost with receivers over 6ft. we've had a dominate D for the past some odd yrs. what game is it that dan and vinny watch on sunday?

Campbell's success is directly tied to this team. Campbell is not a gunslinger so he won't pass for 300yds ,4 tds, 2 ints and still lose the game in the third quarter like Cutler. He will give you 250yds 2tds o ints, and have our team in position to win each game in the fourth quarter. If we solidify our core (offensive &defensive lines) then we will be in the super bowl. Thats why his up side is noticed by many NFL analysts.. Super bowl champs play like that and have that team makeup to show for it!

Archived