Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warren Moon talking about Redskins

gobigred

I was just listening to Sirius Radio's Moving the Chains. Randy Cross and Carl Banks were interviewing HOF'er Warren Moon. Carl asked Warren what he thought about Jason Campbell and the Redskins. He said he met with Jim Zorn during the season and he talked real high on Jason Campbell and that Zorn feels that Campbell has a lot of upside. Moon also stated he was surprised about the trade rumors based on their conversations. He also said he believes that the move was more by Snyder based on the history that he has of making moves without even consulting the coaches; he feels that Campbell will be good once they protect him better, he will be a great qb and "you are going to see Jason Campbell do so big things in this league"

Carl Banks feels Jason has been set back more becuase of coaching changes and having to learn 4 different off. Banks also said he has watched him at least twice a year going to games since he has been in the league and studied him on film and feels he is going to be a good qb with stability in his coaching and protection and if Thomas and Kelly become what they planned in drafting them the redskins will be fun to watch.

Sounds pretty good to me since I have been feeling the same way as well as some of my fellow bloggers. Good to hear it from football guys.

It seems like alot of people around the league speak highly of Jason. Why hasn't he shown it yet though? That's the thing I'm worried about. Everyone talks about his potential, but why hasn't he produced yet? Is it really learning all the systems? Is it the players around him? Is it him? I just hope he can get things figured out soon so we can start winning games!

It seems like alot of people around the league speak highly of Jason. Why hasn't he shown it yet though? That's the thing I'm worried about. Everyone talks about his potential, but why hasn't he produced yet? Is it really learning all the systems? Is it the players around him? Is it him? I just hope he can get things figured out soon so we can start winning games!

A combination of all of the above. It's on him, it's on his new systems and it's on his tools.

Well, he's in the same system for twice, he's got the tools that also need to step up and now it's up to him.

And let's hope he does well!

Too bad Moon had to go to Canada after college to prove that he could play NFL football.

yeah really ... JC thinks/thought he had it tough with changing offenses. Moon probably had to deal with some crappy stuff man.

All that aside, its nice to hear an accomplished QB get on the JC bandwagon..i'm pumped.

I was just listening to Sirius Radio's Moving the Chains. Randy Cross and Carl Banks were interviewing HOF'er Warren Moon. Carl asked Warren what he thought about Jason Campbell and the Redskins. He said he met with Jim Zorn during the season and he talked real high on Jason Campbell and that Zorn feels that Campbell has a lot of upside. Moon also stated he was surprised about the trade rumors based on their conversations. He also said he believes that the move was more by Snyder based on the history that he has of making moves without even consulting the coaches; he feels that Campbell will be good once they protect him better, he will be a great qb and "you are going to see Jason Campbell do so big things in this league"

Carl Banks feels Jason has been set back more becuase of coaching changes and having to learn 4 different off. Banks also said he has watched him at least twice a year going to games since he has been in the league and studied him on film and feels he is going to be a good qb with stability in his coaching and protection and if Thomas and Kelly become what they planned in drafting them the redskins will be fun to watch.

Sounds pretty good to me since I have been feeling the same way as well as some of my fellow bloggers. Good to hear it from football guys.

Nah, that can't be right. We didn't make a splashy trade for him so there's no way that he can possibly be any good. Warren Moon is an ass!

Too bad Moon had to go to Canada after college to prove that he could play NFL football.

It is too bad. He didnt break into the league until he was 28 and then proceeded to play for 15 seasons. Looking at his numbers it makes you wonder what he could have been like if he had gotten his chance earlier.

49000+ yards, 291 TDs, Career rating of 80.9

Luckily, if we continue to improve our D (acquire a DE and LB), we might have the luxury of asking Campbell to play like Big Ben.

I see our defense (especially with us still having a first-round choice to devote to LB) being even more impressive than last year. If we combine that with some offensive improvement (better OL play and some contribution from 2nd-year WRs), we could be dangerous.

A great D in Washington will allow Campbell to progress at his pace. I still think we could upgrade the QB position, but I wouldn't hate to have a great D, solid running game, and good-enough passing game if that's the formula we need to follow.

A combination of all of the above. It's on him, it's on his new systems and it's on his tools.

Well, he's in the same system for twice, he's got the tools that also need to step up and now it's up to him.

And let's hope he does well!

That could be. I hope he proves me wrong. I don't think he's a good as the media makes him out to be, but he's not horrible either. I really want this team to succeed. I think they have good chemistry and there is plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. I hope Jason puts it all together this year, I really do. As much as I would love to see Colt play, I want this team to win even more.

Luckily, if we continue to improve our D (acquire a DE and LB), we might have the luxury of asking Campbell to play like Big Ben.

I see our defense (especially with us still having a first-round choice to devote to LB) being even more impressive than last year. If we combine that with some offensive improvement (better OL play and some contribution from 2nd-year WRs), we could be dangerous.

A great D in Washington will allow Campbell to progress at his pace. I still think we could upgrade the QB position, but I wouldn't hate to have a great D, solid running game, and good-enough passing game if that's the formula we need to follow.

As long as we are winning, I don't care what formula we use haha. I don't think we need Jason to be Peyton Manning out there, but if he turns into Big Ben, I wouldn't complain.

Thank you! The Redskins need to have stability, and build there team through the draft. Build the team around the guy.....

As long as we are winning, I don't care what formula we use haha. I don't think we need Jason to be Peyton Manning out there, but if he turns into Big Ben, I wouldn't complain.

Right...I'm just saying that our very good defense (hopefully) should give him some slack.

Our D from last year + Haynesworth and potentially a play-making LB or DE should only require about 17-20 points from our offense most weeks. If you take what we did offensively last year and increase that output (2nd year in the system, etc.) then maybe we might have something this year!

Would it kill you to root for the guy? Like honestly, fine you have no faith in him - but what on earth is it exactly costing you.

Do you ever keep up with my post's, or just pick from selective threads?

Seriously. :doh: Your generalisation on "knowing" how people think is not a good trait to have, and won't get you far in later life.

Who said I wouldn't be rooting for him? He's the QB of my team, I wish him all the best when he's on the field, as I do anyone in the B&G.

But wanting the best for him, and not having much faith he'll ever be anything more than we've seen to date, are two completely different things.

Try distinguishing between the two, and my repeated posts that I'd love nothing better than for him to tear it up and be "the" man, before you next jump in. Not everything has to be UBER pro Redskins.

Hail.

*Edit* And for someone that's openly been saying on these very boards the past few day's you couldn't wait for Cutler to get here and fail, maybe's you should take a long hard look at your own personal attitude towards this team.

Right...I'm just saying that our very good defense (hopefully) should give him some slack.

Our D from last year + Haynesworth and potentially a play-making LB or DE should only require about 17-20 points from our offense most weeks. If you take what we did offensively last year and increase that output (2nd year in the system, etc.) then maybe we might have something this year!

I agree. I don't think we'll need to score 30 points a game to win. If we can score around 20-24 a game, we should win around 10 games. I think our defense is good enough to hold opposing teams to around 17 points a game. All we need is our offense to score 3 TDs a game and we should be set. And thats really not asking that much

yet no one would give a second round pick for him.

That could be. I hope he proves me wrong. I don't think he's a good as the media makes him out to be, but he's not horrible either. I really want this team to succeed. I think they have good chemistry and there is plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. I hope Jason puts it all together this year, I really do. As much as I would love to see Colt play, I want this team to win even more.

At least you are honest yet rational in your post. I think Campbell will be okay, and I'm rooting for the guy. I look at it like this, as much as I support Campbell, he does have to show improvement and progression this year. If he doesnt and you can soley look at the QB position as the issue, then you will have a good QB class coming out of college next year, as well as have an opportunity for Colt to compete for the position. So either way, it will all come to a head this year. I just wish for the lesser of the two evils. Lets go JC!

At least you are honest yet rational in your post. I think Campbell will be okay, and I'm rooting for the guy. I look at it like this, as much as I support Campbell, he does have to show improvement and progression this year. If he doesnt and you can soley look at the QB position as the issue, then you will have a good QB class coming out of college next year, as well as have an opportunity for Colt to compete for the position. So either way, it will all come to a head this year. I just wish for the lesser of the two evils. Lets go JC!

I just want us to win some games! If that means JC is the QB that wins the games for us, then so be it. I'd much rather have him prove me wrong then have to say "I told you so". I'm a fan of the Redskins, so I just want to see success!

That could have been about leverage. I mean, why would you give up a 2nd-round pick for the QB of a team attempting to trade for another QB??

Had we landed Cutler, Campbell becomes worth a low-round pick...not because he's "worth" it, but because he's blocked and everyone knows we either trade him this year or get nothing for him next year.

That's a fair point too. Maybe the media sees something else? I don't know. I just think its weird that people like Matt Mosely, Peter King, and Warren Moon, etc. seem to think he has what it takes, but no one has seen it yet. I just hope we start winning. That's all I'm asking for!

Archived