Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP (Wilbon): Lucky Strikeout

SkinsMaster88

Dear God. Some of you who relentlessly bash our owner need to take a break. Why dont you try being a fan of buffalo, with an owner so cheap like Ralph Wilson, that he's unwilling to spend hardly anything to improve his team. Try being a fan of a team with an apathetic and cheap owner. Then, come back and see how lucky we are to have an owner that spends a fortune (his own personal fortune), to help this team win. Whether or not you agree with the personnel decisions is one thing, but the man does everything he can to try and build a winner.

About the article, of course JC isnt going to pout or demand a trade. As evidenced today, apparntly he's not in very high demand. Where else could he go where he's irrationally labeled the uncontested starter? Of course he's not going to whine. He hasn't done anything in his career to warrant being upset if we try and trade him. I'm sorry, but having a professional attitude doesnt ****ing win football games.

My 29 year love of the Redskins is wearing thin with what we've become.

I must say we are in the same boat. I have been a fan of the Skins for about 29 years and believe you and me I would have been a pissed fan today if this trade would have been performed.

At least Ralph Wilson loses with class and dignity. The Skins lose without class or dignity.

No, ralph wilson loses with apathy. he doesnt seem to care because he doesnt do anything to address the problem. Snyder tries to address our weaknesses, and gets shat on no matter what he does. Spend on FA's, we are irresponsible and ont build through the draft. Draft a bunch of new players, and then the fans think we drafted all the wrong guys and still bash him.

Some of you are so fickle and impossible to please. Things could be a lot, lot worse than what we have.

No, ralph wilson loses with apathy. he doesnt seem to care because he doesnt do anything to address the problem. Snyder tries to address our weaknesses, and gets shat on no matter what he does. Spend on FA's, we are irresponsible and ont build through the draft. Draft a bunch of new players, and then the fans think we drafted all the wrong guys and still bash him.

Some of you are so fickle and impossible to please. Things could be a lot, lot worse than what we have.

That apathetic owner is in the Hall of Fame. Another milestone Snyder will never reach.

I would trade Dan Snyder and two 1st round picks for Ralph Wilson in a heartbeat.

Wilbon is a hypocrite. Cutler has made his beloved Bears in one swelled foop a SB contender whiist the Skins with Mr. Classy at QB remain wallowed at the bottom of the NFC East. The Skins far from being better off now face the prospect of having a journeyman back-up quality QB in whom no one has any confidence . All of the sour grapers around here are in denial ... this was a colossal disaster for the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL. Rather than hope that Campbell miraculously develops intensity, field vision and an accurate arm to match his stalwart character the Skins should continue to seek to trade him and move on. I agree with those who hold that this is not about Mr. Campbell's feelings ... its about putting a competitive team on the field. The Skins had a golden once-in-a decade opportunity and blew it.

Course, the problem with this article is that Wilbon has no clue what the Skins were willing to trade for Cutler. Nor does anyone else outside of the team.

So, why trade Campbell for Cutler? Cutler has a slight advantage being that he still has three years left on his rookie contract and is a couple years younger. One might also argue that Cutler's game is better suited for Zorn's offense than Campbell.

So, why shouldn't they look into it? Apparently they did and at some point they stepped out of the ring. Nothing wrong with that. I agree that giving up what the Bears gave up would have been very stupid for this team, but who says that the team would have given up close to that for Cutler?

QFT.

You also gotta love the Ryan Clark-Adam Archuleta reference. I mean, really? We're still mentioning that mistake made by Gregg Williams? Oh, and of course Ryan Clark is just this awesome player now since he's with the Steelers. Ryan friggin Clark. :rolleyes:

QFT.

You also gotta love the Ryan Clark-Adam Archuleta reference. I mean, really? We're still mentioning that mistake made by Gregg Williams? Oh, and of course Ryan Clark is just this awesome player now since he's with the Steelers. Ryan friggin Clark. :rolleyes:

I think this statement shows what's disturbing about this organization: there just seems to be way too many people that had a hand in personnel decisions since Snyder took over. If a player doesn't work out, don't blame Snyder, blame X (which could range from Vinny to a head coach to an assistant coach). If we had a real front office under Snyder, we could focus our energies of either praise or criticism on one guy. But this whole dysfunctional setup in the FO is custom setup to deflect criticism. If a player doesn't work out, someone can just say, "That wasn't me, that was X". Who the Hell is in charge?

I think alot of peoples dedication to JC has more to do with him being a great person rather than being a good QB....

I think even more people are just smart enough to realize the risk/reward for a guy like Cutler wasn't worth it. If all things were even. Both Jason and Jay were free agents. Then its a different story. This team has serious depth issues and giving up anything near what the Bears did.........they would have no chance at quality depth.....again.

While he Front Office might have felt the same way........ I think their choices of Brandon Lloyd and Double-Arch is proof enough that the average fan seems to know more than they do.

Wow talk about being damned if you do or damned if you don't.

The trade didn't work out and Snyder is being damned for wrecking team chemistry, not getting Cutler, or alienating Jason.

If the trade did work out he would've been universally damned for giving up too much in trade picks or players, getting a qb with a lot of red flags (and Jeff George symptoms), or being too impatient.

Honestly folks, you can beat someone up for something that didn't happen, but you're creating nothing but no win scenarios and excuses to be miserable.

We don't have TO despite every paper declaring we were the front running darlings.

We don't have Chad Ocho Cinco despite rumors that we were willing to sell the farm for him.

We don't have Riggs despite every internet rumor.

We don't have Cutler.

What's the moral here? Do you think it is likely that Snyder is always being saved from egregious overpayment? Are the other owners looking out for him to save him? Or is it possible that some of what you hear is speculation and there is a line (barely within sanity) that the team won't cross that makes the trade partner balk.

Wilbon just needs to lay off the "Cutler can't do well in a WCO" premise. He makes a lot of sense on everything else.

Then maybe you can explain this to me:

I love Cutler because it's so rare that any player, especially a young quarterback with so much potential, takes on an NFL team and gets his way...Cutler told his coach and owner to get lost . . . wouldn't even return their phone calls after they tried to trade him after professing their love. Bravo for Cutler in that context.
If there's a perceivable difference, it's that Campbell isn't a thin-skinned prima donna who refuses to return messages from his generous owner and rookie head coach, and doesn't pop up later and say, "I never said I wanted to be traded." But apparently the Redskins think that kind of insubordination is an asset.

He's cheering for Cutler because he acted like a thin skinned prima donna? uh-huh. Makes complete sense to me.

I think alot of peoples dedication to JC has more to do with him being a great person rather than being a good QB....

I do agree with you on this one.

"Campbell said he spoke with Coach Jim Zorn after completing his workout today at Redskins Park and said that Zorn was very supportive and encouraging, telling him that they are in this together and that Campbell is his quarterback. "That meant a lot to me," Campbell said, "to know that he's behind me and he's been behind me all along. You need to have that trust with your head coach because he's the one I'm going to be dealing with most of the time. I know that the coaches and my teammates are behind me. I trust them. That means a lot to me."" Link

Problem is that the FO is clearly not behind him.

Wow talk about being damned if you do or damned if you don't.

The trade didn't work out and Snyder is being damned for wrecking team chemistry, not getting Cutler, or alienating Jason.

If the trade did work out he would've been universally damned for giving up too much in trade picks or players, getting a qb with a lot of red flags (and Jeff George symptoms), or being too impatient.

Honestly folks, you can beat someone up for something that didn't happen, but you're creating nothing but no win scenarios and excuses to be miserable.

We don't have TO despite every paper declaring we were the front running darlings.

We don't have Chad Ocho Cinco despite rumors that we were willing to sell the farm for him.

We don't have Riggs despite every internet rumor.

We don't have Cutler.

What's the moral here? Do you think it is likely that Snyder is always being saved from egregious overpayment? Are the other owners looking out for him to save him? Or is it possible that some of what you hear is speculation and there is a line (barely within sanity) that the team won't cross that makes the trade partner balk.

It makes you think doesn't it. And why did it come from our own backyard first?

If he makes it through the Gauntlet till September i hope he plays care free now. What does he really have to lose?? the opinion of him around the league has been shown and he now knows the FO is trying to improve the position with or without him. Campbell needs to really just play his tail off and let the ball fly and see what happens.

Good call Lavarleap56. This is Campbell's time to show the team, the NFL that he can be a top flight QB. This might be the best thing that has happened to him.

Does Dan Snyder = younger Al Davis?

Um, Duh. Where ya been for 10 years? This idiot will spend ridiculous amounts of money on players that under perform and make bombastic off season trades like this one. As long as snyder owns this team 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 with the occasional first round playoff loss is all we're going to get.

About the article, of course JC isnt going to pout or demand a trade. As evidenced today, apparntly he's not in very high demand. Where else could he go where he's irrationally labeled the uncontested starter? Of course he's not going to whine. He hasn't done anything in his career to warrant being upset if we try and trade him. I'm sorry, but having a professional attitude doesnt ****ing win football games.

That just occurred to me as well. People have been praising him for being so professional about this, but what else is he gonna do? He can read the reports. He has an agent. He realizes that he has no trade value, and that the minute he leaves this team, he's bench-bound. So he's gonna ride out the cushy situation he has here in DC, try his best to have a banner year which as others stated would mean 17 TDs, then hope and pray for any kind of a contract from anyone in the offseason.

I think this statement shows what's disturbing about this organization: there just seems to be way too many people that had a hand in personnel decisions since Snyder took over. If a player doesn't work out, don't blame Snyder, blame X (which could range from Vinny to a head coach to an assistant coach). If we had a real front office under Snyder, we could focus our energies of either praise or criticism on one guy. But this whole dysfunctional setup in the FO is custom setup to deflect criticism. If a player doesn't work out, someone can just say, "That wasn't me, that was X". Who the Hell is in charge?

EXCELLENT point. Never thought about it this specific way. We are so ****ing dysfunctional. Reminds me of Charlize Theron on Arrested Development.

I like Campbells attitude through all of this, but I'm still not convinced he can get it done. I guess we'll find out this year. After all, not only is it a contract year for him but after the past few days Campbell knows for a fact that the danny is looking to upgrade and that he won't be here after this season if he doesn't step up.

If that's not motovation, I don't know what is

Wilbon's got more faces than a town hall clock. And his journalism stinks.

He's been arguing out of one side all through that the 'Skins shouldn't make this trade, and how much better a character Jason is than Cutler, whilst now he's dancing on the tables at his beloved Bears becoming serious contenders again with the pick up.

Stick your false praise Michael where the sun don't shine. We know what a good guy Jason Campbell is, but that means very little coming from a sycophant deuch like you.

We've not forgotten the **** you wrote about Sean Taylor's sad passing a year and a bit back.

Hail.

Archived