Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP (Wilbon): Lucky Strikeout

SkinsMaster88

Wilbon's ecstatic that his team got Cutler and just jumped to the favorite in the NFC North and possibly a top 2 seed in the conference.

Yes, Campbell did handle the situation with character. But make no mistake he knows damn well that the Skins couldn't get a 2nd round pick for him, he has no market. He knows that this is his best situation, he doesn't have competition for his job...because him preforming is directly tied to Zorn still having a coaching job. They need each other and they both know it.

They are both in the proverbial fox hole together. A QB that has never shown signs of greatness and a coach with one year of experience. If either of them do poorly this year their both gone.

Wilbon's got more faces than a town hall clock. And his journalism stinks.

He's been arguing out of one side all through that the 'Skins shouldn't make this trade, and how much better a character Jason is than Cutler, whilst now he's dancing on the tables at his beloved Bears becoming serious contenders again with the pick up.

Stick your false praise Michael where the sun don't shine. We know what a good guy Jason Campbell is, but that means very little coming from a sycophant deuch like you.

We've not forgotten the **** you wrote about Sean Taylor's sad passing a year and a bit back.

Hail.

Not really, he said getting Cutler made sense for some teams.....but the Redskins were not one of them.

Also he said that while Chicago was excited about Cutler, he did cover himself by saying that in his life he's never seen a prima donna whiner lead his team to a championship and that this is an issue that the Bears have to deal with and thankfully not the Redskins.

Not really, he said getting Cutler made sense for some teams.....but the Redskins were not one of them.

Well, in ATN, there is a pretty good argument as to why it didn't make sense for the Bears. I can't argue the point that it is going to be tough to throw it around in December in Chicago, particularly when you don't have WRs.

I don't know if giving up that much for one player ever makes sense for most teams. In a lot of ways, this is an all-in bet by the Bears and probably will make or break the FO of the Bears.

Campbell is a man of great character. I have a new found respect for him in regards to that. As for his football ability, that has yet to be determined. I wish him well this season. I'm just not sold on him as our savior at the QB position. But I must say, I'm very, very impressed with how well he has handled all of this.

Why does everyone expect him to be "the savior"? Can't he just be a solid QB on a good team that learns to play well together? Was Mark Rypien "the savior at QB" in 1992? How about Kyle Orton for the Bears a couple of years ago? No they didn't win the SB but that Bears team was good enough to sniff it with a lesser QB than JC IMO.

I'm not saying that I think the Skins are going to the Super Bowl. I am saying that given the right situation (such as upgrading the O-line, which they have already started to do with Dockery) and allowing for some cohesion and stability on offense in terms of coaching and philosophy, JC can develop into a decent, efficient QB for this team. One that features the run on offense and a strong, aggressive defense. I think the team has those ingredients, now its time to put it all together.

Why does everyone expect him to be "the savior"? Can't he just be a solid QB on a good team that learns to play well together? Was Mark Rypien "the savior at QB" in 1992? How about Kyle Orton for the Bears a couple of years ago? No they didn't win the SB but that Bears team was good enough to sniff it with a lesser QB than JC IMO.

The problem is you need to have a dominant defense and run game to have a mediocre quarterback to just make the playoffs and then title game.

You need to have a defense capable of scoring and a run capable of wearing the opponents down. Otherwise you do need a above average to elite QB to win.

I'm not saying that I think the Skins are going to the Super Bowl. I am saying that given the right situation (such as upgrading the O-line, which they have already started to do with Dockery) and allowing for some cohesion and stability on offense in terms of coaching and philosophy, JC can develop into a decent, efficient QB for this team. One that features the run on offense and a strong, aggressive defense. I think the team has those ingredients, now its time to put it all together.

See that's not the Zorn WCO, Campbell is built for a downfield play action passing game. Like Gibbs had in well 82-92, we've got a square peg for a round hole in Campbell and the WCO.

Wilbon's got more faces than a town hall clock. And his journalism stinks.

He's been arguing out of one side all through that the 'Skins shouldn't make this trade, and how much better a character Jason is than Cutler, whilst now he's dancing on the tables at his beloved Bears becoming serious contenders again with the pick up.

Stick your false praise Michael where the sun don't shine. We know what a good guy Jason Campbell is, but that means very little coming from a sycophant deuch like you.

We've not forgotten the **** you wrote about Sean Taylor's sad passing a year and a bit back.

Hail.

Ditto. I used to love PTI- not anymore.

JC will either sink or swim this season and we'll either have a franchise QB, or we'll be able to see what we have with Colt. Had we brought in Cutler, we'd have a potential franchise QB--and little in the way of draft picks to build a team around him. How good do you think Cutler would look running for his life every other play after a 68 year old Jansen whiffs on yet another block? :doh:

Even if JC and Colt don't make it, we'll still be further ahead in two years putting a newly drafted QB behind a :fingersx: younger, better OL and passing to :fingersx: a better stable of receivers than we have now.

In the end it's not about JC per se. Rather, it's about the negatives of making a rash, unecessary, expensive move.

Well said, Yusef. My thoughts exactly. :cheers:

Dear God. Some of you who relentlessly bash our owner need to take a break. Why dont you try being a fan of buffalo, with an owner so cheap like Ralph Wilson, that he's unwilling to spend hardly anything to improve his team. Try being a fan of a team with an apathetic and cheap owner. Then, come back and see how lucky we are to have an owner that spends a fortune (his own personal fortune), to help this team win. Whether or not you agree with the personnel decisions is one thing, but the man does everything he can to try and build a winner.

And I'm so tired of the "At least Danny spends money on the team" excuse. He thinks throwing around money will cure all ills and it's been proven that it doesn't. It's obvious that he doesn't know what he's doing and if this trade had gone through, it would have set this team back. We have a sieve of an offensive line, no legitimate pass-rushing defensive end and no proven strong-side linebacker. OOOOO, I know! Let's trade all of our draft picks for a head-case quarterback who will sell LOTS of jerseys and get people excited!

BRILLIANT! :doh:

You have got to love this place:

"Vinny and Danny can't judge talent, they SUCK"

Campbell is rumored to be traded.

"It's obvious that the FO doesn't think JC has what it takes, HE SUCKS"

:hysterical:

The problem is you need to have a dominant defense and run game to have a mediocre quarterback to just make the playoffs and then title game.

You need to have a defense capable of scoring and a run capable of wearing the opponents down. Otherwise you do need a above average to elite QB to win.

This defense was ranked 4th overall vs some very good competition last year. I think the defense got better with the addition of AH in that a lot more havoc will be caused at the line of scrimmage and that should lead to more TOs and scores (especially with a ball-hawk type CB in Hall). Plus, I think JC is better than "mediocre"--your word, not mine. I believe JC is still developing and that all these new offenses and philosophical instability have stunted his growth a bit. I believe he can become a pretty good QB.

See that's not the Zorn WCO, Campbell is built for a downfield play action passing game. Like Gibbs had in well 82-92, we've got a square peg for a round hole in Campbell and the WCO.

Fair assessment there. But that does not mean that JC cannot succeed in this offense. Zorn seems to think he can. JC's completion percentage wasn't too bad considering he's not regarded as a an accurate passer. I think he will improve as long as circumstances allow for it, such as injuries, limiting the catastrophic failures on the O-line to protect and the further development of the young WRs.

Im just worried that Campbell will come out and have a career year... but with this whole snyder/cerrato incident, choose not to re-sign with us

i have a feeling this will happen too.

who can blame him though? i would do the same thing after an organization ****s on you like that.

i'm glad we get to see him in the b&g for another year though!

go jason!!

Dear God. Some of you who relentlessly bash our owner need to take a break. Why dont you try being a fan of buffalo, with an owner so cheap like Ralph Wilson, that he's unwilling to spend hardly anything to improve his team. Try being a fan of a team with an apathetic and cheap owner. Then, come back and see how lucky we are to have an owner that spends a fortune (his own personal fortune), to help this team win. Whether or not you agree with the personnel decisions is one thing, but the man does everything he can to try and build a winner.

Guess what? If you step back and look at this team objectively, the fact is we've sucked for 10 years. Guess throwing money around doesn't get it done either, eh?

I'm getting the feeling that alot of you would be upset if Campbell has a career season and leads us deep into playoffs or more, because you'd be proven wrong or filled with Yeah-Buts.

I'd be ecstatic if Campbell did that, and I'd be more than happy to say I was completely and utterly wrong.

But what have you seen that shows he is capable of this? This team for the last five years has gone as far as Portis can carry them, no further. He has shown no consistency from game to game. His ability to read defenses and make quick decisions is still below average.

The fact that yesterday on the Doc Walker show he compared himself to Peyton Manning in saying it took him a while to develop is ludicrous. Christ Manning threw over 25tds every year. He threw 25tds in his first year with a HORRIBLE Colts team.

Campbell hasn't even sniffed 15 tds.

I have nothing but good things to say about JC17 THE PERSON. But my mind is made up on JC17 THE QUARTERBACK.

We need a playmaker, A QB who will take risks down the field, and possess the ability to lead his team from behind to win the game. I dont think Campbell is this QB.

And as others have pointed out, we have sucked for most of the 10 years since Dan Snyder has owned the team. Throwing away money hasn't worked. I have the feeling that we are like the Lions in many respects..

Until we get a new owner/new management, We are always going to be mediocre. We need people with football knowledge in control here. We dont have that...

Archived