Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lets Trade Jason Campbell Anyways Thread

haithman

Alright so I am sure many of you, like myself, feel like they have been punched in the gut over the whole fiasco of the last day. I sorely wanted Cutler on this team because I know that he would be a huge improvement to what we have. What we currently have is mediocrity and it pains me to see so many of my fellow fans who have accepted mediocre performances from our offense year in and year out. Jason is a great guy bless his heart, but amiability does not make a great quarterback. I feel like many of us seem to have forgotten the torture that JC put us through last season. His slow release, constant check downs, inability to make decisions quickly. At the beginning of last season I gave him a chance and he showed me absolutely nothing to believe that he will be anything more than a backup game manager. That is not what we need, we need to score more than one touchdown a game if we are ever going to make the playoffs let alone have a legitimate chance at the Superbowl. I want this guy out of town.

Alright so I am sure many of you, like myself, feel like they have been punched in the gut over the whole fiasco of the last day. I sorely wanted Cutler on this team because I know that he would be a huge improvement to what we have. What we currently have is mediocrity and it pains me to see so many of my fellow fans who have accepted mediocre performances from our offense year in and year out. Jason is a great guy bless his heart, but amiability does not make a great quarterback. I feel like many of us seem to have forgotten the torture that JC put us through last season. His slow release, constant check downs, inability to make decisions quickly. At the beginning of last season I gave him a chance and he showed me absolutely nothing to believe that he will be anything more than a backup game manager. That is not what we need, we need to score more than one touchdown a game if we are ever going to make the playoffs let alone have a legitimate chance at the Superbowl. I want this guy out of town.

example of a terrible Skins fan

I will admit...I have not been this depressed about the skins in a long time. I feel like this was a huge set back. Even if we trade him and we draft someone...it's starting from square one. Opportunities like this never come around. And we blew it. I want to vomit. Continue the mediocrity.

I think you need at least a top 15 Third Rounder if you trade him, Not sure we can get that. That's my price. I'd prefer a high top 15 2nd Rounder though.

I agree with you, and it's pretty pathetic. We gave up the farm for this guy, and he's our starter that we are banking our whole franchise on, and we can't get more than a 3rd for him. Piss poor.

The 'Skins could target a Bradford or McCoy in next year's draft and let Campbell walk. He could be worth a 3rd round comp pick in 2011 - that is the best we can hope for at this point.

I think the Skins should seriously do their home work on both Bradford and McCoy, and draft one of them.:point2sky

I agree with you, and it's pretty pathetic. We gave up the farm for this guy, and he's our starter that we are banking our whole franchise on, and we can't get more than a 3rd for him. Piss poor.

Exactly. This is supposed to be our marquee player. I feel like if we wait until next year he will be worth less than a sack of potatoes.

I will admit...I have not been this depressed about the skins in a long time. I feel like this was a huge set back. Even if we trade him and we draft someone...it's starting from square one. Opportunities like this never come around. And we blew it. I want to vomit. Continue the mediocrity.

You and me too Sir. You and me too, sighs.

And to make matter's worse, were left with a QB the ownership has publicly made known we don't want, and looked to upgrade.

This is a spectacular mess, even by our standards. :doh:

Hail.

Exactly. This is supposed to be our marquee player. I feel like if we wait until next year he will be worth less than a sack of potatoes.

I have been saying that all along he will be worth nothing next year. Take the 3rd or 4th this year because that is the best you will get.

Im for Campbell I cant wait till JC is leading us to the playoffs this year......then what haters.......

the phrase is "what now haters" not "then what haters"

anyone can say "then what"

so before you can say "what now haters" you should avoid the hypotheticals.

Trade him.

Use whatever pick you get to build depth on this team. Then one of three different scenarios will unfold.

Scenario 1: Redskins and Colt Brennan suck.

Result 1: High draft pick in a QB-heavy class.

Scenario 2: Redskins are good and Colt Brennan sucks.

Result 2: We have a good team.

Scenario 3: Redskins suck and Colt Brennan is good.

Result 3: We have a good quarterback.

Scenario 4: Redskins are good and Colt Brennan is good.

Result 4: We're set.

Win/Win/Win/Win

Archived