Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lets Trade Jason Campbell Anyways Thread

haithman

its pointless playing JC next year. If were going to get rid of him after next year why keep him. Cut him loose now and get something from him before we don't get jack ****

I totally agree we need to trade JC know there is no point in keeping him no matter how he does next year know he probably wont be our QB in 2010 he wont want to resign and if we TAG him then we will have a start QB who doesnt want to be here and thats not good. We have to trade JC know and move on but the question is What can we get in return whos out there to go after? Brady Quinn? I dont think the Browns will gave BQ for JC straight up we might have to throw in our 3rd our we might have to throw in a 2nd next year or trade the 13th and JC for BQ and the browns 2nd round pick. I just dont no anymore I dont want JC here because I dont believe he really wants to be here inside he feels like we back stabbed him and he should feel that way. Iam not a JC hater I think he can be a solid QB in this leauge some day but not with us know. If I were him I wouldnt trust Synder or Vinny know and you just cant have a QB that doesnt trust your FO. how do you guys feel about this?

Have to admit I am glad Campbell stays. I wanted Ramsey to succeed and now Campbell. I am tired of seeing players like Pierce, Clark, Ferrotte, Green, Bailey, Sage and Harris and all the other players we let leave have average to great success around the league. I know that at the time some of those players had problems or the team was in transition, but we had them, they have been starters or good backups and we let them leave.

Campbell may not be a complete qb, but neither was Williams or Rypien (sp). A team was built that they could succeed with. Williams and Rypien (sp) had outstanding O-Lines. Campbell has had a weak offense to work with at time and his success and failures reflected that. We invested a lot and need to give the position and him the time the investment deserves; two to three years with a good offensive team, very good protection the same offensive scheme and coaching and good playcalling Then if he leaves or fails we gave him what he needed to succeed. Sometime we will be right other wrong, but the same can be said for our rushes for trades and signings at other positions including coach.

I am getting tired of us overpaying for players and firing coaches rather than a methodical patients to build a strong team of starting and backup players, then signing over-the-hill free agents to fill positions.

Doing nothing was the right move, for now.

example of a terrible Skins fan

No...you sir are a terrible fan. One that will accept mediocrity and sulk in it. Why is he a terrible fan? Because he wants to win? Your a terrible fan because you are ok with the status quo. 8-8 and 9-7 is good enough for you. Let's all just sit here and support our Quarterback and give him chance after chance to win. No one disputes that he is a good guy. He's not a leader and isn't going to lead us to a championship. By no means does it all fall on him, god only knows how inept our FO is, but we need someone to lead us.

I wouldn't mind trying to get another draft pick out of him.

But your post comes off very biased, as if everything was his fault. It wasn't. But we can certainly, and need to get better at the QB position.

Which things were not his fault?

The inability to make quick decisions?

The refusal to throw the ball to ANY reciever unless he was wide open?

His inability to hit recievers in stride?

His incredibly slow recognition and poor anticipation of recievers coming open?

Or the inability to hang onto the ball after being hit?

Oh wait... all that stuff was the O line & recievers fault right?

C'mon now... then what? We start Oldman Collins who has looked terrible in Zorn's offense? Or Colt, who is lucky he's not on some other team's practice squad?

I don't want a 3rd rounder for Campbell because I'm not very confident in our drafting ability. We won't get a 2nd rounder for him.

Cutler would have been a great addition to our team, but I don't think JC17 is the huge problem that everyone is trying to make him out to be. We will win more games than we did last year, and if Zorn starts making ADJUSTMENTS during games (like good coaches are suppose to) then I'm sure things will get much easier for our QB.

We have one more year before everything that Gibbs built goes to ****. I can't wait for Campbell to shut people up.

Clearly you don't understand maximizing your opportunities. The team has been public that they don't want him. You trade him now for whatever. Next year after the season he walks and we get nothing.

Name one star on the Skins teams from 1981-1991 who wasnt seen as washed up or over hyped .

Those skins teams never won because they had the best QB or RB but they were the best team .

We had one first round Hofer in that entire bunch Green, Riggins was a washed up Jet and only hung around to 1985, Monk only made it to the hall though a concerted media and fan campaign .

There is no Mark Rypen, Russ Grimm, Gary Clark, Doc Walker, Joe Jacoby, Charles Mann or Dexter Manly in the hall for a good reason . Individually none of these players were great but they were all parts of a great team .

What about this current team has given you the inclination that they are on the verge of being great??? You keep holding on to those teams from the 80's. That was a different era. An era where players played their whole careers for one team. An era where players were more loyal. We are living in an entirely different world. Keep accepting mediocrity. Our fanbase is good at it.

TWENTY QBs?

Are you high or are you going to name even the Lions practice squad QB? Seriously, 20 ACKNOWLEDGED starting QBs?

Name 'em. I'll help you out with who he AINT better than:

Manning

Brees

Brady

Big Ben

Rivers

Cutler

McNabb

Rodgers

Romo sits to pee

Hasselbeck (*unless Hass isn't just injured from this year but truly getting old)

Warner

Matt Ryan

Schaub

Eli Manning

Well, that's 14 or so. Not sure who you think is beneath Campbell but it ain't 20 acknowledged starters in this league.

Add Orton to that list, since Denver took him over JC.

Which things were not his fault?

The inability to make quick decisions?

The refusal to throw the ball to ANY reciever unless he was wide open?

His inability to hit recievers in stride?

His incredibly slow recognition and poor anticipation of recievers coming open?

Or the inability to hang onto the ball after being hit?

Oh wait... all that stuff was the O line & recievers fault right?

Did I say anything about those kinds of things? No. I didn't.

Was the STL loss on him?

Was the 49ers loss on him?

That would have made us 10-6, and a shot at the playoffs.

Did I say anything about those kinds of things? No. I didn't.

Was the STL loss on him?

Was the 49ers loss on him?

That would have made us 10-6, and a shot at the playoffs.

Yeah that came off kinda snippy. It kind of was a reply to the first post by way of yours if that makes any sense :)

To be fair. Many of those things you listed are real problems with JC though.

:cheers:

to be fair, he had the look of death in his eyes the last half of the season, and he had no running game in a run first offense.

makes a big impact.

i wanted cutler because hes better than campbell, but campbell is a lot better than people think, and this all might be a good thing for both our oline and our qb.

maybe this will make his moxie ballsack drop? or whatever people thought he didnt have

While Snyder and Cerrato signaled to everybody that they didn't think Campbell was good enough for them, you know what he did? "I still went and worked out," he said. "My teammates said, 'Jason, why are you here?' And I told them: 'I'm still the quarterback of this team until they get rid of me. You haven't seen the best of me. I'm not here for ownership. I won't miss days working out with you, and I won't miss time preparing for the season. Who knows? A trade may not work out.' "

You guys are nuts. How could you possibly consider not giving him his contract year?

While Snyder and Cerrato signaled to everybody that they didn't think Campbell was good enough for them, you know what he did? "I still went and worked out," he said. "My teammates said, 'Jason, why are you here?' And I told them: 'I'm still the quarterback of this team until they get rid of me. You haven't seen the best of me. I'm not here for ownership. I won't miss days working out with you, and I won't miss time preparing for the season. Who knows? A trade may not work out.' "

You guys are nuts. How could you possibly consider not giving him his contract year?

because he just isn't that good. This is the GD NFL not the I am a good guy so love me league.

He is a nice guy I get that but he is not a top tier QB, period.

Sometime I feel like our fans have forgotten who we are. We accept 8-8 and 9-7 seasons as if our history dictates we can do no better. Next time you are ready to accept something like that look at what is sitting on the podium in front of a new signing. We are the WASHINGTON REDSKINS. Our goal every year is the Superbowl, anything less is completely unacceptable and should never be given a second thought. We need a cast of players starting from the top down who can get that job done year in year out. Winning 10 games is not enough, making the playoffs is not enough, winning the NFC is not enough, winning the Superbowl is EVERYTHING. We need a cast of players who can get the job done starting from the top down and currently at the top we have someone who will never be able to get that job done.

Sometime I feel like our fans have forgotten who we are. We accept 8-8 and 9-7 seasons as if our history dictates we can do no better. Next time you are ready to accept something like that look at what is sitting on the podium in front of a new signing. We are the WASHINGTON REDSKINS. Our goal every year is the Superbowl, anything less is completely unacceptable and should never be given a second thought. We need a cast of players starting from the top down who can get that job done year in year out. Winning 10 games is not enough, making the playoffs is not enough, winning the NFC is not enough, winning the Superbowl is EVERYTHING. We need a cast of players who can get the job done starting from the top down and currently at the top we have someone who will never be able to get that job done.

Just out of curiosity who do you suggest we go get? I dont see anyone out there in free agency that will give us a better shot than JC. Draft Sanchez? Maybe but we have glaring needs at Tackle and OLB that need to be addressed plus he would probably need a few years to develop.

Name one star on the Skins teams from 1981-1991 who wasnt seen as washed up or over hyped .

Those skins teams never won because they had the best QB or RB but they were the best team .

We had one first round Hofer in that entire bunch Green, Riggins was a washed up Jet and only hung around to 1985, Monk only made it to the hall though a concerted media and fan campaign .

There is no Mark Rypen, Russ Grimm, Gary Clark, Doc Walker, Joe Jacoby, Charles Mann or Dexter Manly in the hall for a good reason . Individually none of these players were great but they were all parts of a great team .

You can win with a bunch of role players. But you need a good quarterback. Go ahead and name the teams in the last 15 years that won the superbowl with a terrible quarterback? I'll give you trent dilfer with the ravens, and....who else? Super bowl winning teams have one thing in common: a good QB who fits the system, and can win games. Character is all well and good. But you cant win with a bunch of mediocre players that happen to love one another. They dont sit around a campfire and sing kumbaya. This is the NFL, and it takes talent to beat other talented teams.

This isnt 1985 anymore. The difficulty of this league; the talent of this league, and the improving and ever increasing talent of defenses and coaching staffs mean you need talented players/coaches in turn in order to compete.

Campbell won't take us anywhere, except maybe a wild card birth. Simply stated, thats not good enough. We need a talented QB. All the teams with average, mediocre, and journeyman QB's never win the superbowl...and its obvious why.

Dude, that's who we WERE. We haven't been that for a long time. For example, I'm a Tar Heel. That's how I look at my fandom as a Tar Heel. We expect a final four EVERY year, and anything less is unacceptable. Unfortunately, the Skins are nowhere near expectations like that, and haven't been for a long time.

So, are there any teams willing to give up a 2nd for him now? There weren't any when Cutler was on the market.

I think this team would take a 3rd for him, but I'm not even sure they could get that. The consensus around here I seem to be getting is a mid-late 3rd round. I think that's possible, but not likely. A 4th? I think so. There's just too many question marks. It's pretty sad that a fellow first round draft choice with less starts gets 2 1st rounders and change, and a starter, and we can't get a 2nd round draft pick. Seems like everyone else knows something we don't, though I think the FO might finally be getting it.

Dude, that's who we WERE. We haven't been that for a long time. For example, I'm a Tar Heel. That's how I look at my fandom as a Tar Heel. We expect a final four EVERY year, and anything less is unacceptable. Unfortunately, the Skins are nowhere near expectations like that, and haven't been for a long time.

Does that mean we need to sit back and not even try? Dont give me that bull****. This franchise has a winning tradition. The goal, EVERY YEAR, is to win the super bowl. Anything else...and its a wasted season. That means we need to take any and all steps to build a team that is capable of winning a title, and that includes, if need be, trading our current average QB for one who can take us further.

Alright so I am sure many of you, like myself, feel like they have been punched in the gut over the whole fiasco of the last day. I sorely wanted Cutler on this team because I know that he would be a huge improvement to what we have. What we currently have is mediocrity and it pains me to see so many of my fellow fans who have accepted mediocre performances from our offense year in and year out. Jason is a great guy bless his heart, but amiability does not make a great quarterback. I feel like many of us seem to have forgotten the torture that JC put us through last season. His slow release, constant check downs, inability to make decisions quickly. At the beginning of last season I gave him a chance and he showed me absolutely nothing to believe that he will be anything more than a backup game manager. That is not what we need, we need to score more than one touchdown a game if we are ever going to make the playoffs let alone have a legitimate chance at the Superbowl. I want this guy out of town.

A-Men Brother!!!

So, are there any teams willing to give up a 2nd for him now? There weren't any when Cutler was on the market.

Much better shot at getting a second now that they know we don't HAVE to deal him....Teams knew before that the Skins had to do something because his value would only go down if they made the move for Cutler....

Archived