Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lets Trade Jason Campbell Anyways Thread

haithman

Yeah, because this group wants the Redskins to become great again. But saying so makes them awful fans, right? ;)

Not at all. Of course I want the redskins to be good. But there is people on this messege board that just spew immature hate towards our quarterback. RELENTLESSLY. It gets old......we all get it JC is not the best quarterback in the league. Lets stick behind the guy and hope and pray he can find himself. If he doesnt.......move on. Its really that simple.

I trusted he did too until I could guess around 50% of the plays we would run in the last few games of the season. I'm just a fan with limited knowledge, I wonder if the guys who get paid millions on opposing teams could figure it out :doh:

Hmmm so if Zorn is running plays that YOU KNOW are coming....obviously THE DEFENSE knows are coming.

Then WTF is Jason supposed to do, if the other team knows what play is coming!?!?!?!? :doh:

Not at all. Of course I want the redskins to be good. But there is people on this messege board that just spew immature hate towards our quarterback. RELENTLESSLY. It gets old......we all get it JC is not the best quarterback in the league. Lets stick behind the guy and hope and pray he can find himself. If he doesnt.......move on. Its really that simple.

Then wouldn't it be stupid to just accept that and not hope or even talk about improvement at that position?

The fan who started this thread is the reason why people make fun of redskins fans.

Thats funny because most other teams fan view campbell as mediocre at best. Its fans like you who settle for 8-8 seasons when we could do so much better. And no they don't make fun of the redskins fans because we are complaining about about QB, they make fun of us because we have a crappy FO that can't get **** right.

This thread was started by an OP who cares about his team and is sick and tired of seeing a guy under center who is too useless to get us anywhere. "Oh yeah lets just give him another year and see what happens." Bull****, this another year business is the same trash we hear from our fans year in and out and our FO knows as well as anyone that he wont get it done. Danny is not stupid, he was hedging on his investment and was trying to get JC the hell out of town before he costs him any more money (in the way of lost value this year).

Im not accepting anything....im displaying patience.....and letting the guy play his future on the field...

Being "patient" for too long will ruin this team for years.

Like I said before, if JC fails this year, what then? We draft another QB and give that guy 4 years to succeed?

Okay some of us have already seen enough from JC and have heard the let's give him one more year chant one time too many.JC has gotten more than a fair shake and has had the Redskins fans behind him for a majority of his time as starting qb. The question is when is enough enough? This is 'supposedly" his make or break year (yet again) so if we are average again this year.I suspect next off season the SAME situation will once again rear it's ugly head and we'll be bumping this thread (among others) debating if this is JC last year to get it.

I don't think there is a market for him truthfully given what happend yesterday. We've already spent WAY too many draft picks for him.He is a serviceable qb,so maybe they'll keep him on as a back-up qb.

Being "patient" for too long will ruin this team for years.

Like I said before, if JC fails this year, what then? We draft another QB and give that guy 4 years to succeed?

Thats my thought exactly. He hasn't panned out. Why keep waiting if everyone knows he can't get it done? What good does that do for the team. While everyone around us succeeds an rebuilds, we'll be giving our QB's another 4 years to try and succeed

every quarterback gets 52 starts with this team, thats the new rule. its all about stability! lol

how about we find a quarterback thats good, then worry about stability?

and the people that want campbell gone seem to be the only people aware of how bad our offense was last year. thats as good as its gonna get with campbell. drafting a rookie RT isnt fixing this.

In my opinion we need to get a replacement for JC this year. We have a chance at Freeman for our 13th pick. We need to give JCs replacement a year to learn the system, otherwise 2010 will be a brutal adjustment. The F.O. will not give JC an extension, and they won’t tag him. Therefore, we’re out of QB options for 2010. Whoever comes in will be new to the system. It doesn’t matter if we bring in a rookie or a F.A. unless Seattle releases someone like M. Hassleback. Our other option would be to start Colt Brennan. I don’t know what we have there. I assume we have a 6th round career backup. It Looks like we’re in for a tough couple of years if we don’t get a long-term answer at QB, Which is okay. It’ll be like the last decade of Washington Redskins football.

does that change the fact the he will start next season?

When season starts, I'll root for him to do well. As should any skin fan. I just don't have any hope he will. What has he shown us to make us think he will all of a sudden be a franchise QB? We are just delaying the inevitable.

When season starts, I'll root for him to do well. As should any skin fan. I just don't have any hope he will. What has he shown us to make us think he will all of a sudden be a franchise QB? We are just delaying the inevitable.

exactly. im never gonna root for campbell to fail, i just think/know he will. id love if he came out slinging it and scaring defenses and making those clutch plays that real offenses do.

but im not holding my breath.

There really isnt much more to say......I guess just try to be as patient as you guys can, and keep an open mind and try to root for the guy....thats all you can do. If he doesnt work out then you guys will all get your wish. But whether you like it or not....hes starting this year...

every quarterback gets 52 starts with this team, thats the new rule. its all about stability! lol

how about we find a quarterback thats good, then worry about stability?

and the people that want campbell gone seem to be the only people aware of how bad our offense was last year. thats as good as its gonna get with campbell. drafting a rookie RT isnt fixing this.

Exactly....

Alright so I am sure many of you, like myself, feel like they have been punched in the gut over the whole fiasco of the last day. I sorely wanted Cutler on this team because I know that he would be a huge improvement to what we have. What we currently have is mediocrity and it pains me to see so many of my fellow fans who have accepted mediocre performances from our offense year in and year out. Jason is a great guy bless his heart, but amiability does not make a great quarterback. I feel like many of us seem to have forgotten the torture that JC put us through last season. His slow release, constant check downs, inability to make decisions quickly. At the beginning of last season I gave him a chance and he showed me absolutely nothing to believe that he will be anything more than a backup game manager. That is not what we need, we need to score more than one touchdown a game if we are ever going to make the playoffs let alone have a legitimate chance at the Superbowl. I want this guy out of town.

I'd go with what you say when you make a full assessment of whats wrong with the offense. My assesment is that management has made bad evaluations of WR's over the years and maybe this pasts years crop too since they can't get on the field. This team has changed systems 3 or 4 times in the last 4 years. This team played with a injury riddled aging line last year that showed down the stretch. The so called long bombs that everyone wants to have has to have sustained blocks. Zorn said himself that the Skins didn't go up field a lot because he felt the O-line didn't sustain blocks well enough. I mean seeing Todd Yoder who's specialty is blocking, whiff block on plays isn't all Jason. When the O-line can't get enough push on short yardage situations, thats not all on Jason. WR's dropping passes aren't all on Jason. Lineman holding, jumping offsides, being down field aren't all on Jason. There was a lot wrong with this team's offense but I can't put it all on the QB. And whatever QB the Skins have whether its Jason lets try to put all the components together to have a QB succeed. Picking WR's that you don't have confidence enough to put on the field ain't the answer. A couple years back Paying WR's 10 and 11 mill signing bonuses respectively that don't pan out aren't the answer. (Lloyd and Randel El) Now you draft a couple who you don't feel confident in playing. There's alot wrong with the Offense, and it ain't all Jason. Its not a coinidence that Portis referred back to the Broncos O-line where he had more success. Everyone bashed him for it but he told the truth. Denver didn't do it last year but they have had a lot of RB's gain a 1000 yds.

Exactly....

I guess I just don't understand what the strongly anti-Campbell folksfolks thought of the first 8 games.

I thought that showed with a mediocre cast performing well enough, that Campbell could get it done.

I guess the strongly anti-Campbell folks view that as a mediocre cast performing at amazing levels that are unlikely to ever be duplicated again, so Campbell's play will never be that strong again.

I'd go with what you say when you make a full assessment of whats wrong with the offense. My assesment is that management has made bad evaluations of WR's over the years and maybe this pasts years crop too since they can't get on the field. This team has changed systems 3 or 4 times in the last 4 years. This team played with a injury riddled aging line last year that showed down the stretch. The so called long bombs that everyone wants to have has to have sustained blocks. Zorn said himself that the Skins didn't go up field a lot because he felt the O-line didn't sustain blocks well enough. I mean seeing Todd Yoder who's specialty is blocking, whiff block on plays isn't all Jason. When the O-line can't get enough push on short yardage situations, thats not all on Jason. WR's dropping passes aren't all on Jason. Lineman holding, jumping offsides, being down field aren't all on Jason. There was a lot wrong with this team's offense but I can't put it all on the QB. And whatever QB the Skins have whether its Jason lets try to put all the components together to have a QB succeed. Picking WR's that you don't have confidence enough to put on the field ain't the answer. A couple years back Paying WR's 10 and 11 mill signing bonuses respectively that don't pan out aren't the answer. (Lloyd and Randel El) Now you draft a couple who you don't feel confident in playing. There's alot wrong with the Offense, and it ain't all Jason. Its not a coinidence that Portis referred back to the Broncos O-line where he had more success. Everyone bashed him for it but he told the truth. Denver didn't do it last year but they have had a lot of RB's gain a 1000 yds.

I understand its not all Jason, but he has a fair share of the blame. How many times during the season in the game threads did we say campbell held on to the ball way to long when he had the chance to hit a WR. The O-line can't block forever. I understand the O-line has issues as well. But portis had an amazing first half of the season when the line was block really really well. No issues right? Then defenses picked up on our offense and stacked the box and no matter how much blocking you have up front, you ain't gonna get far. Campbell didn't scare anyone and they knew JC would have to beat them. Which he didn't. One of the main reasons we went 2-6 at the end. So how do we end up from 6-2 to 2-6? Defenses picked up on our predictable offense. Shut down the run and they could almost guarantee a W.

Archived