Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lets Trade Jason Campbell Anyways Thread

haithman

This is campbell's biggest problem. If he had a quick release, I think he'd be an infinitely better QB.

This is why I doubt him so much. If he had the same arm strength, the same indecision even but had that release, he'd be a lot better player.

It matters unless he's going to be EXTREMELY confident. ALso notice how many balls get batted on Campbell considering his height!

That' s because it's easy to time his release by galactic rotational calendars.

That is why I don't get the faith in him. You can work as hard as you want but if you wind up to throw, how is that going to improve? Even an AVERAGE release at a normal start point, he'd be 10-15 percent better. If Campbell had a Marino release, we're not talking about benching him, I don't think. Sure, I think he'd still have some growth to do but people would at least look at the release and say, "he can put this together."

The other issue is that he can't put touch on balls. THe criticism that was leveled at Ramsey but Ramsey got a hell of a lot better over one offseason with Gibbs after getting time in 04. Not sure what's taking Campbell so long. And he doesn't even throw as fast as Ramsey, so his passes, even when on target often get broken up more frequently.

We've had patience for 3 entire years. JC always looks like he's in slow motion to me. While he is smooth when dropping back in the pocket, it seems like it takes him an eternity to set, plant then throw the ball let alone try and find an open reciever or stare the one he's going to throw the ball to down.

Archived