Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: It's Official: Cutler to be traded(Merged)

McD5

I respect your opinion, and just about everyone's opinion on the subject.

But honestly, what is the alternative? 13 tds isn't the answer either.

So....you either hope JC improves tremendously, with nearly the same o-line, same receivers, and rbs that are a year older....and if not, then draft a qb with our first next year.....who will take several years to develop,

or you give Cutler a chance.

I hope the whole team around JC improves as well as JC improving. Championships can be won with above average QB play. Happens all the time.

If I'm Detroit with that extra 1st rounder, I go like hell after this guy. Trade for Cutler, Draft a Left Tackle number 1, Already have Calvin Johnson=A tremendous start to a rebuild.

I can see this happening. Lewand and Mayhew should get executives of the year if they can pull this off and get to .500 this year. I think .500 would be like winning the Super Bowl for those guys.

Woopty doo! He didn't play in our "wco" or with our recievers, or our team.

Our wco? You act like Zorn was a head coach, or offensive coordinator before coming here.

Zorn never had "his" wco. He is simply assembling and borrowing from others.

People said the same thing about Favre going to the Jets....Warner to the Cards....it is a non-issue.

If you are a great qb, you can pick things up very quickly.

Whether he is a great one or not is up to each person's opinion. But I would bet Cutler could teach the wco to Zorn, better than Zorn could teach it to Cutler.

But honestly, what is the alternative? 13 tds isn't the answer either.

it is etched in stone Campbell will always throw 13 td passes, because everyone knows players always have the same stats, and never improve, especially not QB's.

:thumbsup:

This is similar to when the eagles were wise to give up on Jurgenson after 3 years, and traded for an "elite' QB in Snead

it is etched in stone Campbell will always throw 13 td passes, because everyone knows players always have the same stats, and never improve, especially not QB's.

:thumbsup:

This is similar to when the eagles were wise to give up on Jurgenson after 3 years, and traded for an "elite' QB in Snead

You back JC strongly Bubba....and have good stats to back it up.

Unfortunately, many on this board backed Spurrier, Brunell....etc, right down the line.

Mainly because they were Redskins, not because they were great.

Truth be known, if you could have your pick of qbs in the NFC Bubba, JC wouldn't be anywhere close to your top. At least I hope he wouldn't.

JC scares no one. If he were on another team, he wouldn't scare you either if the Skins were playing him.

It would be nice to finally have a franchise QB......what are we up to? 16 years and counting?

The Redskins would have an instant passing attack and more opportunities for Portis to get big gains.

I would love it and I really believe those of you who hate the idea would suddenly have a change of heart about 2 quarters into the 1st game

Bottom line:

Not much cap room to sign him to the contract he wants...

It's not a pressing need right now... Give JC one more year.

What will all of the Colt jock riders going to do if he comes here?

If Cutler comes here it won't be the end of the world (unlike Vick or T.O.), but it seems like there are way too many teams ahead of us wanting his services.....bad.

BS excuse and you know it.

Do you honestly think Cutler wouldn't put up better numbers and lead us to more wins than Campbell?

I don't think we would be any better off with Cutler than we are with Campbell. I just think it will tear apart the locker room and create controversy that this team does not need! We don't need this above average diva quarterback.

Cutler MIGHT be a small to moderate upgrade for us, but we are not desperate for a QB. Other teams are, which means we would have to beat their price. And we have nothing this year, only our future to give away. Let's build an OL capable of protecting JC and anybody who might have to fill his shoes if things don't work out. This is not FF where you take advantage of the stupid guy with trades and just plug people in. Vinny is that guy. Let's hope he is finally learning how to build a team.

Yeah, like don't trade for Cutler. He is NOT what this team needs, and fools are always banging on Vinny FOR making the flamboyant trade or FA acquisition. This would just be a disaster.

Exactly. They don't need this headcase. What they need is to stay away and let other teams who ACTUALLY need a QB bid for Cutler's services.

Our wco? You act like Zorn was a head coach, or offensive coordinator before coming here.

Zorn never had "his" wco. He is simply assembling and borrowing from others.

he borrowed from Shanny's system?

The run game Zorn uses was from Gibbs system

People said the same thing about Favre going to the Jets....Warner to the Cards....it is a non-issue.

If you are a great qb, you can pick things up very quickly.

Yeah Favre was so great 22 ints :thumbsup: and the entire offense already knew the system and been in it for 3 years

Warner? :hysterical: yeah he just started in AZ right away..... oh wait

and the fact he had Fitzgerald, Boldin, Brennan just hindered him

Whether he is a great one or not is up to each person's opinion. But I would bet Cutler could teach the wco to Zorn, better than Zorn could teach it to Cutler.

riiiiiiiiight!

:rolleyes:

Zorn only played for Holgrem in GB, and coached under him for 7 years, not counting all his other NFL experience as a player and coach, Cutlers 3 years clearly makes him more knowledgable

BS excuse and you know it.

Do you honestly think Cutler wouldn't put up better numbers and lead us to more wins than Campbell?

No I really don't . Unless they are going to throw in a Brandon Marshell or Eddie Royale... people have to realiseit is more than the QB that is the problem with the Skins .

Is Cutler going to get more TDs than Campbell .. possibly if he stays in Denver, he comes here with our anemic receiving corp and suspect O line and over rated D and we would be down at least 2 first round picks and possibly another impact player ...possibly not .

My money is on Detroit . !st overall + 20th and a conditional pick next year and they have their franchise QB ....

A good QB can make an average O-line look pretty good. Just sayin.

If we had a good QB, we would know what that felt like.

That being said, I dont think we make a play for cutler. We dont have the cap space, or the resources (draft picks) that other teams have. I wouldnt mind Cutler here, but I think detroit, tampa, or the Jets have a far higher chance of landing him.

We'd end up setting ourselves back with getting Cutler. First of all, we'd have to trade the few draft picks we have to make this a younger team. Secondly, Cutler's gonna get a new extension to a contract if he comes here (see basically every player we've traded for, except for Jason Taylor). That's gonna run into the $100 million range.

We can't afford Cutler, and overall we'd have to wait for him to develop in Zorn's scheme as well. An upgrade at the QB position, but one that would set the entire franchise back.

Keep Campbell for this year and see what he can do, then make a move (if needed), don't prematurely give up everything for the latest big-arm QB.

THis I know. There will be a large set of Redskins fans who will want Jay Cutler at any cost, and there will be a large set of Redskins fans who will not want Jay Cutler. So there's no right answer for Vinny in this situation because he'll get blamed either way.

Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Archived