Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: It's Official: Cutler to be traded(Merged)

McD5

Its silly to think losing Campbell would tear apart the locker room. He isn't a leader and isn't as good of a QB as Cutler. Vinny make the move baby, we need a better QB!

I've never gotten the reasoning behind that one either addicted.

I'm sure the receiving core for one would be absolutely "devastated" to replace a QB who struggles to get them the ball, to one who spreads the whole field and puts up points in bunches. :doh:

Hail.

Its silly to think losing Campbell would tear apart the locker room. He isn't a leader and isn't as good of a QB as Cutler. Vinny make the move baby, we need a better QB!

Cutler behind a makeshift line will still look like crap. Plus, he needs to learn Zorn's system. ANd he's a friggin mental pansy. Mentally, Campbell is all over Cutler. Trading for Cutler right now would be a mistake, IMO.

So you think our receivers and TE's aren't good enough? Any stats to back that up?

Somehow me contrasting Devin Thomas with Eddie Royal suddenly means that I'm talking about the Redskins WR corp in general? Please do elaborate on how you came to that conclusion.

Don't change the subject or misrepresent my point.

No, it not that Moss isn't good, it's just that that this team does not have a Plaxico/T.O/R.Moss- ver. extra-lite like Marshall alongside Moss. To expect Cutler to produce 2008 numbers with the Redskins personnel as it currently stands is lunacy. Should Thomas develop or Kelly fix up his knees, it's not so unreasonable.

Randle El is a slot receiver trying to be the #2 and is not a deep threat like Moss. And should the ridiculous argument that the QB will make him a deep threat, well guess what. His physical attributes aren't going to be changing anytime soon. He's not getting any faster with a new QB out there.

There are ways for receivers to make a QB look bad. Really bad route running without compensatory factor(i.e WR size)is one of those and drops are another.

What about Denver with 2 mid first round picks and Campbell? Given the quality of their receivers, the Broncos could actually improve from this trade.

I'd rather trade our third or 4th round pick this year and our first next year as #13.

Archived