Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

25 year old man dies after playing Wii Fit

Drop

sorry if this is already a topic, i searched and came up with nothing.

25 year old man dies after playing Wii Fit

Collapsed "completely out of the blue"

By Mike Smith

Nintendo smash hit Wii Fit is usually associated with improved health, but for one fit and healthy British man, the opposite proved true, with tragic results.

Tim Eves, who was a keen fisherman, musician, and scout leader from the Norfolk area of eastern England, collapsed and died shortly after playing Wii Fit's jogging minigame -- and just moments after talking to his mother by telephone.

"We spoke to him on the phone when he was playing on the Wii machine. He told us he had just ordered himself a kebab and was sitting there with a glass of port. But a little while after he had put the phone down, he collapsed for no reason. It was completely out of the blue," Eves' mother told the Daily Telegraph.

A cause of death has not yet been established, but early reports suggest Eves may have been a victim of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome, a condition whereby apparently fit and healthy adults can suffer cardiac arrests with no warning. There's no indication Wii Fit was to blame.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/25-year-old-man-dies-after-playing-wii-fit/1300866

Why not "25 year old man dies after drinking glass of port"

or

"25 year old man dies after talking to mother on phone" ???

because those activities have the same slim likelihood of a relation to cause of death as playing a Wii did.

Edit: ArtMonk Fan pointed out the same thing... Putting the Wii in the headline makes for a sexier story, that's all.

Sony Staff Member Writes Article Blaming Mans Death on Wii Fit

A Sony staff writer wrote an article on Tuesday that seemed to try to persuade readers in to believing a man died because he played Wii Fit. The article was bull****. The dude was sippin' on port and probably had a history of eating number 3s at McDonalds. I don't go running marathons after I eat Wendy's. Oh, and I mention Mickey-D's and Wendy's just to even out the negative plugs I have in my article. In other news, Playstation has cut its prices for the Playstation 3 to $17,000.

Sony Staff Member Writes Article Blaming Mans Death on Wii Fit

A Sony staff writer wrote an article on Tuesday that seemed to try to persuade readers in to believing a man died because he played Wii Fit. The article was bull****. The dude was sippin' on port and probably had a history of eating number 3s at McDonalds. I don't go running marathons after I eat Wendy's. Oh, and I mention Mickey-D's and Wendy's just to even out the negative plugs I have in my article. In other news, Playstation has cut its prices for the Playstation 3 to $17,000.

Ha! Good one!

lol, wow what's with all the gamer backlash?

some of you fellas seem like you're getting extremely offended at the notion that the Wii may have caused this guys death. I agree, it's no more likely than the wine or the phone conversation....but it is physically demanding, which the afformentioned two, are not.

haha, we got some people up in here who are WAY to protective over their Wii's and videogaming in general. No offense was meant. and i certainly wasn't trying to post an article about the evils of videogaming....i just thought it was interesting. That's all.

Yea, lame article. Whoever wrote it should be hit in the head with a Wii fit balance board for slander. That really is scary though to just die out of the blue. Would that be better than a slow drawn out painful death from like cancer or something? I dont know...

A cause of death has not yet been established, but early reports suggest Eves may have been a victim of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome, a condition whereby apparently fit and healthy adults can suffer cardiac arrests with no warning.

And that is why I still smoke drink, eat a ton of red meat and hardly exercise. You can do everything right and you still might go too early. I plan to enjoy the days I am alive by not limiting the things I like.

Sudden Adult Death Syndrome is one of those things that gets my hair on edge.

It's previously undiagnosed heart disease. The fact that we can't diagnose it does not make it a new syndrome.

In fact, most heart disease falls under the radar anyway. First symptom of heart disease most times is a heart attack. A fatal one.

Look at 58 yo Tim Russert. He passed a stress test, was told everything was fine, and then had a fatal MI.

Archived