Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth 2009 Production = Jason Taylor's of 2008?

coldpacker

Danny boy is smart. He knows which splashes will make fans run to the nearest store to buy the new jerseys. They always bring in guys from different systems and try and insert them into ours. Doesn't work out folks, and that's what happens when you get morons(read snyder) who try and run a football team without any football knowledge.

News Flash: Stop buying a mediocre product. If this were a restaurant, would you still be buying this crap?

Up till two years ago, did you guys even know who he was? Probably not because he wasn't doing squat. He decide to play hard his final year of his rookie contract and then his "franchise tag" year. Why we gave this lazy clown 100 million dollars is beyond me. Nobody was going to pay him this type of money. NOBODY. Why we always overpay for players is mind boggling. Not only that, but he's had a reputation for "taking plays off" and not working all that hard. If this guy were legit, you think Tennessee would have let him walk? Hell no. They know good and well they guy is a lazy and wasn't worth the money we threw at him.

I saw this ESPN article on top 10 worst contracts ever, and the Skins finished with 3 in the top ten. (all under Snyder's watch too) What does that tell you?

danastubblefield.JPG

Way too similar for my liking.

fatalbert.JPG

Haynesworth played in a scheme in which the D-coordinator rarely EVER called blitzes, so it was left to the front four to create pressure. Should Tennessee tank on defense this year, the departure of Schwartz and Haynesworth will have a lot to do with that.

BTW, I didn't see the post above me, so don't take this as a response to that.

Up till two years ago, did you guys even know who he was? Probably not because he wasn't doing squat. He decide to play hard his final year of his rookie contract and then his "franchise tag" year. Why we gave this lazy clown 100 million dollars is beyond me. Nobody was going to pay him this type of money. NOBODY.

The Bucs disagree.

Say what you want about signing Haynesworth, but DT has been our biggest weakness for a long time. People scream about DE, but most of them aren't realizing that our lack of pass rush is not because of the DE, but because of the DTs not beaing able to collapse the pockt. WATCH THE FILM, PLEASE!

Tons of teams would love to have paid a premium for Haynesworth. The Redskins just happen to get it done. They were still able to lock up a young 25 year old premier corner in Hall. We were able to sign Dockery, and G was another major position of need with Thomas sucking and Rinehart a question.

Jason Taylor has nothing to do with Haynesworth or any other player. No one was knocking down the Dolphins door from the gate to get Taylor. Haynesworth was the hottest FA in a long time. The two situations are completely different. Not too mention we DIDN'T GIVE UP ANY DRAFT PICKS!!!

What in D Hall's career makes you think he's "premier"? :hysterical:

Let me ask you something, how many teams would have been willing to give a big contract to Hall like the Patriots? He would have gone at a premium in the free agent market. He is a solid cover corner and great at making plays. I would say he has had a very good career.

But I digress, this thread is not about Hall.

What in D Hall's career makes you think he's "premier"? :hysterical:

Maybe because at 25, he already has been to 2 Pro-Bowls. Before last year he was mentioned as a top 5 or 10 corner in the league and then he went to Oakland and that was ruined. Hall will be back in Pro-Bowl form this year.

I also agree that I don't think Haynesworth will be like Jason Taylor or any past FA bust. He is 27 years old, which in football years, is the prime of his career. Yeah we paid a nice amount of money to get him, but since when is signing one of the BEST DTs in the game a bad thing for a team? We didn't have to trade any draft picks to get him or any players to get him. He will be fine and finally break the curse of Snyder signing former pro-bowlers and them not making the pro bowl here.

Whether AH pans out or not, I don't think you can compare too much to the Jason Taylor deal. First, we didnt give up a 2nd round pick for AH. Second, he will be with us for more than 1 year. So even if he is a dud in his first year, if he plays great in subsequent years thats fine. The problem with the whole JT situation was we gave up a lot in the way of draft picks, for 1 year of very little production.

Maybe because at 25, he already has been to 2 Pro-Bowls. Before last year he was mentioned as a top 5 or 10 corner in the league and then he went to Oakland and that was ruined. Hall will be back in Pro-Bowl form this year.

Yes. Because Pro-Bowls are a real way to show how good a player is. :doh:

Apparently you haven't payed attention to his career. In Atlanta he was constantly getting burnt on big plays. Of course he would make a play ever now and then due to him gambling all the time. In the end, his plays gave up added to more than the plays he made. Like most fans, you are caught up in the hype and the image that was been bestowed on him. I read this article based on pure stats where he rated one of the worst in the NFL.

His time in Atlanta and Raiders back that up.

I stand corrected then. I must have been thinking about the Giants offer. Thanks for the correction.

Why are stupid threads made like this? How is it even REMOTELY comparable?

look at their age difference, AH is entering his prime not leaving it, we didn't give up any picks for him, and he had the best season of his entire career last year.

Close this pointless waste of typing.

Apparently you haven't payed attention to his career. In Atlanta he was constantly getting burnt on big plays. Of course he would make a play ever now and then due to him gambling all the time. In the end, his plays gave up added to more than the plays he made. Like most fans, you are caught up in the hype and the image that was been bestowed on him. I read this article based on pure stats where he rated one of the worst in the NFL.

I stand corrected then. I must have been thinking about the Giants offer. Thanks for the correction.

It has been reported that he would get burned on big plays because he would gamble and jump routes. They actually asked him to do that in Atlanta, and as a young corner, he would bit and take chances. But with good coaching and a different scheme, he can still cover most any receiver in the league.

But hey, I guess you know how bad he is and the other handful of teams willing to step up and pay him like a top corner don't know what they are talking about.

Why don't we as fans ever compare a great signing like this to Fletcher, instead of the flops? Washington, Carter, Moss, Portis and on and on. We have made some great moves, better than a lot of teams and have an owner and GM who can get it done, regardless of money.

Yes, I would like to have back a lot of the picks we have lost, but it is what it is.

The cowboys gave up a 1rst and 3rd for an 800 yard receiver last year. We gave up a 2nd for one of the best defensive players over the last decade. It was a needed move. I never liked it, but oh well.

I was never a big DHall fan before trust me. But he played very well in his short time here last season. He had an interception in his first game. We have a very good cover corner in Carlos already. We needed a play-maker like Hall on the other side that can get an interception and take it the other way for six. Carlos hasn't been known to do that. He can hang with the best WRs, but he doesn't have great play making ability like Hall. Hall might get burnt every now and then, but he can also make game changing plays. And you can never have too many play makers on defense.

It has been reported that he would get burned on big plays because he would gamble and jump routes. They actually asked him to do that in Atlanta, and as a young corner, he would bit and take chances. But with good coaching and a different scheme, he can still cover most any receiver in the league.

But hey, I guess you know how bad he is and the other handful of teams willing to step up and pay him like a top corner don't know what they are talking about.

Yeah, all the teams wanted him so badly they didn't claim him off of the waiver wire. Keep making those excuses to his bad play. When paired with a real CB in Oakland, he was exposed as the CB he really is.

Archived