Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth 2009 Production = Jason Taylor's of 2008?

coldpacker

Yeah, all the teams wanted him so badly they didn't claim him off of the waiver wire. Keep making those excuses to his bad play. When paired with a real CB in Oakland, he was exposed as the CB he really is.

What excuses? Did he play bad for the Redskins? Was he bad in Atlanta? How good was Oakland's defense? Either you are playing the devils advocate or you really don't follow the NFL and how problematic Oakland is. Tell me, why then were so many teams interesting in him right before free agency?

You aren't providing anything substantial to back your claim. Its been reported time and again how he was told to gamble and that he said he was trying to hard in Atlanta. It has also been reported that he still can cover very well. You tell me how many teams wanted to claim him off the wire...do you know? I didn't think so. Don't start making assumptions.

What excuses? Did he play bad for the Redskins? Was he bad in Atlanta? How good was Oakland's defense? Either you are playing the devils advocate or you really don't follow the NFL and how problematic Oakland is. Tell me, why then were so many teams interesting in him right before free agency?

You aren't providing anything substantial to back your claim. Its been reported time and again how he was told to gamble and that he said he was trying to hard in Atlanta. It has also been reported that he still can cover very well. You tell me how many teams wanted to claim him off the wire...do you know? I didn't think so. Don't start making assumptions.

It was reported that the Patriots were also interested in DeAngelo if he were to become a FA. Last I checked, the Pats don't just sign anyone off the street. They do their homework on players, so they must have seen something in Hall if they were interested too.

Link:http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2773

It was reported that the Patriots were also interested in DeAngelo if he were to become a FA. Last I checked, the Pats don't just sign anyone off the street. They do their homework on players, so they must have seen something in Hall if they were interested too.

Link:http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2773

:applause: that was exactly my point. Hall's agent new about other teams interested in him, which is why it went down to midnight to sign him, because they would not give in knowing other teams that were reportedly showing interest.

But that doesn't matter, some people around here think they know better than a top class organization like the Patriots:jerk:

Up till two years ago, did you guys even know who he was? Probably not because he wasn't doing squat. He decide to play hard his final year of his rookie contract and then his "franchise tag" year. Why we gave this lazy clown 100 million dollars is beyond me. Nobody was going to pay him this type of money. NOBODY. Why we always overpay for players is mind boggling. Not only that, but he's had a reputation for "taking plays off" and not working all that hard. If this guy were legit, you think Tennessee would have let him walk? Hell no. They know good and well they guy is a lazy and wasn't worth the money we threw at him.

I saw this ESPN article on top 10 worst contracts ever, and the Skins finished with 3 in the top ten. (all under Snyder's watch too) What does that tell you?

You are wrong. VERY wrong my friend. Daniel Snyder is a business man, that doesn't mean he can't be successful in the NFL doing business. The contracts look huge don't they? They fool the mind of people like yourself. How many teams have 4-5 players come in EVERY off-season and have them restructure their current contracts to fit the cap? How many? Not many, if NONE at all, except the Skins. I'm not talking restructuring, I'm talking YEARLY. This is a Redskins organization thing, and it's just the way our Cap system will work. We will never have a lot of CAP on PAPER, but in reality, the money is hidden within those numbers. When these players come in to restructer they're getting more years, it doesn't mean they will play those years, it just flexes the cap towards the end of the deal to increasingly large amounts of money that no player will ever see.

100 Million to you, is 48 Million to Albert Haynesworth my friend. Get it? The deal is 4 years, 48 Million dollars, and you think NO OTHER TEAM OFFERED MONEY LIKE THAT? Wrong. The Bucs and the Giants were big players as well. The Bucs actually offered a very similar deal and got turned down to D.C.

It's all about, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. If we're bringing in a Triple A free agent like AH, then the agent + Snyder can work together to make a deal that benefits everyone. Haynesworth's ego gets boosted and he gets his money, the agent looks like a genius and a big time player and more players will be interested in signing him, Snyder looks like the do it all businessman once again.

BTW, Tennessee didn't let the man just WALK. Re-signing him was a priority to them just like signing Hall was to us, except we actually kept that promise. We gave Hall a chance and he returned the favor, don't you think? Tenn attempted to re-sign him, they didn't have that kind of money to throw around.

Archived