Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth 2009 Production = Jason Taylor's of 2008?

coldpacker

When we traded for Jason Taylor mid-season, like many of you (if not all), thought..

"OMG! Can I have that really really cool, bright shiney, wicked fast, toy in the window" -- "Yes Bobby.." -- "WEEE! My life dream has been fulfilled before I hit my first wet dream."

But when I opened the package, the toy wasn't as fun as cool, shiney or fast as advertised... In fact, it was like every other toy I had. And it even broke at one point -- w/ no warranty.

To the point, this has been an ongoing struggle w/ the organization. I'm not sure who to put the blame on.. We pay (or give out our draft picks) top dollar for the best prospects and they fail to live up to the hype.

--A la Archuleta--

--A la Scott Brunell--

--A la Lloyd--

Sure you can argue that Taylor made an impact.. Sure he was injured and its not fair to judge. Who would have expected a veteran DE who was basically a gridiron-iron man who could strut his stuff on the field 3-downs all game would get injured? Which translated into an average (to above average) late season performance at best...

I fully support Dan's move to get this guy. But deep down i'm shakin in the knees and hoping he's everything we thought he could be and more.

C'mon dude. These situations are completely different. Look at the variations.

Jason Taylor was 32, and we traded a 2nd rounder for him when two of our DEs went down. Albert Haynesworth is 27 (in his prime) and we gave up no picks for him whatsoever, AND we still have all our remaining DTs for the upcoming year.

We asked Taylor to play to our strengths and not his. He was uncomfortable and out of place at the other DE position. Haynesworth is going to be in the same position as he was and will probably maintain the same types of responsibilities.

Lastly, Haynesworth will have been here all offseason and will have been preparing as hard as he can for the opener. He'll have cohesion with our defensive before hitting the field.

As many bad moves as we've made, it's for a young player who is UNQUESTIONABLY the best DT in the league, who made the Titans other lineman much better because of him.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

We didnt give up anything for AH.

100 Mil? Isn't 'giving up much'? Unless you're referring to draft picks.. Yes, I think we're giving a lot for this guy. Haha

His contract is really a 4 year deal, made to look like a $100 mill contract to bolster the players ego and the agents reputation.

AH is much younger and entering his prime.

I guess i'm the only one suffering from Archuleta syndrome.. Maybe it's not fair to put Brandon Lloyd in the same basket but you could argue Archuleta fit this bill..

I see no reason to think this year will be the same.

Taylor was thinking retirement when we got him. He was dancing. Got hurt 2 times. That preseason isht looked bad and he still played....out of position. We got got.

Haynesworth is a monster from UT that wants to be like another monster from UT. Barring injury, he will continue to beast. Haynesworth 10 = White 96

And it ain't my money. At least Snyder tries.

There's no way AH will be the JT of 2008. As others have already said, AH is entering his prime and is hungry to prove that he's worthy of the contract he got. AH, on the surface, appears to be opposite of the usual FAs the Skins get. Hopefully that hunger translates to the rest of the team and they can develop some chemistry.

I believe this may be a relevant point to an extent , which was not thoroughly explored in your original post....you could have also taken a glance at some sureshot stats to provide an in-depth analysis of the current state of the Redskins front office and overall structure of the organization. Please give us more information, thank you.

When we traded for Jason Taylor mid-season, like many of you (if not all), thought..

"OMG! Can I have that really really cool, bright shiney, wicked fast, toy in the window" -- "Yes Bobby.." -- "WEEE! My life dream has been fulfilled before I hit my first wet dream."

But when I opened the package, the toy wasn't as fun as cool, shiney or fast as advertised... In fact, it was like every other toy I had. And it even broke at one point -- w/ no warranty.

To the point, this has been an ongoing struggle w/ the organization. I'm not sure who to put the blame on.. We pay (or give out our draft picks) top dollar for the best prospects and they fail to live up to the hype.

--A la Archuleta--

--A la Scott Brunell--

--A la Lloyd-- had potential...

Sure you can argue that Taylor made an impact.. Sure he was injured and its not fair to judge. Who would have expected a veteran DE who was basically a gridiron-iron man who could strut his stuff on the field 3-downs all game would get injured? Which translated into an average (to above average) late season performance at best...

I fully support Dan's move to get this guy. But deep down i'm shakin in the knees and hoping he's everything we thought he could be and more.

Point 1: "When we traded for Jason Taylor mid-season, " - Wrong, we traded for him when Daniels went down on the first day of training camp.

Point 2: "--A la Archuleta--

--A la Scott Brunell--

--A la Lloyd-- had potential... " Scott, Mark, Marke, Boonell, Noodlearm, whatever the hell you wanna call him was a has-been. Played great before destroying his legs. Thanks.

Lloyd was a potential and a bust because the Skins didn't do there homework, NEVER was a best talent.

Empalumpa was a complete bust. Didn't perform. Never was a top talent, was a lock-room grade A ******* and never actually was a great saftey in this league. He was a great saftey in a system. Had PP never been injured on the first kickoff of that season, we might still have the loser on this team.

Wrong on all three parts here.

Point 3: Haynesworth is in his prime, and will get all the time in the world to fit into this system. You my friend, failed.

Point 4: " But deep down i'm shakin in the knees" - Stop being a *****.

Point is, you need to stop putting on your thinking cap like you're onto something here and start being a fan again. Idk put on your damn Redskins jersey and represent. Hail.

100 Mil? Isn't 'giving up much'? Unless you're referring to draft picks.. Yes, I think we're giving a lot for this guy. Haha

I guess i'm the only one suffering from Archuleta syndrome.. Maybe it's not fair to put Brandon Lloyd in the same basket but you could argue Archuleta fit this bill..

I'm sorry. Archuleta was in NO way the BEST player even in that bunch of FA's. Free Agency has YET to see a player like AH for YEARS. Just because you have a list of available FA's doesn't mean that there's a special guy out there. AH is a special guy. I wish you could understand that. Perhaps do some homework yourself to stop you from earning this embarrassment?

Come on, you all make me sick. No pessimism on Haynesworth please. He's a potential multi time Pro Bowler who could be as good as any DT we've ever had and that includes Dave Butz. He's a lot younger than Jason Taylor. If he plays like Stubblefield, then start talking otherwise think positive;)

Come on, you all make me sick. No pessimism on Haynesworth please. He's a potential multi time Pro Bowler who could be as good as any DT we've ever had and that includes Dave Butz. He's a lot younger than Jason Taylor. If he plays like Stubblefield, then start talking otherwise think positive;)

You all? Or just the moron OP. Edit your post please :)

There is actually a few sane Skin fans here my friend :)

--A la Archuleta--

--A la Scott Brunell--

--A la Lloyd--

--A la London Fletcher

--A la Santana Moss

--A la Clinton Portis

--A la Cornelius Griffin

--A la Andre Carter

--A la Marcus Washington

--A la DeAngelo Hall

--A la Shawn Springs

--A la Casey Rabach

--A la Ethan Albright

--A la Randy Thomas

--A la Pete Kendall

*catches breath*

You must playeth to wineth, my friend.

I can't blame Haynesworth for taking the money but he'll never be worth what the Skins paid him.

In defense of Taylor, the Skins brass decided to play him on the wrong side of the ball. As I stated on another thread, I thought that move from the beginning was stupid because of Taylor's age and weight. I always felt he'd eventually get banged up playing on that side of the line against the run. And

Archived