Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Preseason Sked(Merged)

MattFancy

We are screwed in preseason, I expect us to go 0-4 and the leash on Campbell to be very short, not Patrick Ramsey short though (shoutout to Oldfans love that prediction pal haha)

well you think a great QB would see the schedule, recognize the road in front of him, and bust his hump to get it done.

can jason do it? i doubt it, but we'll see.

the big debate will be the half of the board that does the "pre season is meaningless, were holding back, jason isnt playing full speed, etc". the other half will be the sky is falling, the offense is garbage, were doomed, etc.

i know ill be checking the sky to make sure its still up there.

Regarding the vanilla Saunders offense, I go with the Brunell theory that just about every Saunders play comes with a safety-valve dump off screen. As he was unable to throw more than ten yards for the most part and the RB could always get at least three from the dump off, he usually chose that option. To his credit, he set the NFL record for consecutive completions doing this 90% of the game against Houston.

Of course, Collins looked even worse than Brunell that preseason whereas in the final four games of 2007 he showed us what the real Saunders offense looked like.

if he produces he wont. some good TD numbers and some great passes into tight coverage, and he wont get destroyed.

checking down, throwing short of the marker on 3rd, playing it safe, and missing deep, with little TD production: oh boy.

Can you imagine what is going through Zorn's mind trying to prep for those games? Should he play vanilla or should he put in a game plan. Man, its basically a lose-lose scenario for Zorn.

The other thing that pissed me off with this schedule is the primetime game against the pats. Is it me or does the nfl like putting the redskins out to dry? It will basically be a public decapitation of our redskins.

Come one, Come all and see the Pats make the redskins look like fools on National TV. Please, redskin players, go out and try to win. After last season with all those public beat downs the skins had in primetime I had to stomach a lot of trash from co-workers.

well you think a great QB would see the schedule, recognize the road in front of him, and bust his hump to get it done.

can jason do it? i doubt it, but we'll see.

Come on, you did not just compare Jason Campbell to "great QB's" did you? I'm just kidding.

the big debate will be the half of the board that does the "pre season is meaningless, were holding back, jason isnt playing full speed, etc". the other half will be the sky is falling, the offense is garbage, were doomed, etc.

i know ill be checking the sky to make sure its still up there.

I'll be watching all of the pressers saying "We are keeping it medium baby!"

Can you imagine what is going through Zorn's mind trying to prep for those games? Should he play vanilla or should he put in a game plan. Man' date=' its basically a lose-lose scenario for Zorn.

The other thing that pissed me off with this schedule is the primetime game against the pats. Is it me or does the nfl like putting the redskins out to dry? It will basically be a public decapitation of our redskins.

Come one, Come all and see the Pats make the redskins look like fools on National TV. Please, redskin players, go out and try to win. After last season with all those public beat downs the skins had in primetime I had to stomach a lot of trash from co-workers.[/quote']

well maybe if the redskins were good enough to hang with top flight teams we wouldnt have to worry? after all, we won the offseason superbowl again, so the general public is gonna wanna see what haynesworth can do, as well as hall, and not to mention year two in this offense with all the rookies who did nothing last year on offense.

prime time is where we should be, people wanna see results.

I actually love this schedule. The skins have been known to have serious trouble with 3-4 defenses over the years, so going again 3 of them, even in the preseason, should at least help a little.

Good point but not only that, since we are retooling the offensive line this will give Bugle a good look at his offensive linemen. And once we play those 3 powerhouses in August, whoever we play in the season opener will seem like a piece of cake compared to those pass rushes.

Its like cruising downhill after we get past those three powerhouse defenses. GREAT SCHEDULE. I love it!

Good point but not only that, since we are retooling the offensive line this will give Bugle a good look at his offensive linemen. And once we play those 3 powerhouses in August, whoever we play in the season opener will seem like a piece of cake compared to those pass rushes.

Its like cruising downhill after we get past those three powerhouse defenses. GREAT SCHEDULE. I love it!

yeah, but what is campbell gonna look like under pressure from these teams? probably crappy.

what im hoping is that zorn starts colt against one of these defenses off the bat. that would rule.

Campbell can't get a break ... he will be made to look awful before the season even starts.

Maybe...but I'd rather find that out in August instead of September or October.

It's sink or swim time for many on this team (in my opinion). If we have to hope for perfect schedules to eek out 9 or 10 wins, then we're going about this thing in the wrong manner.

If we build this team to be a good team, the opponent becomes less and less important to the outcome of each game.

Another positive note, as enforcer pointed out with our troubles with 3-4 Ds, our vets on the OL who need to be replaced soon will be exposed that much quicker. A tough preseason schedule like that could actually give the younger guys a better shot at unseating older starters, especially on the OL.

see, you say "even with brennan lighting up the 5th string defense". so that means in your opinion, he can destroy a 3rd string defense. shouldnt most NFL QBs be able to destroy a 3rd string defense? youd think a 3rd string QB would be on par with the 3rd string defense, but obviously colt is well beyond that.

kinda makes you wonder what he'd look like against 1st string nfl defenses.

hmm, How about a Rank 22 Total Defense in Collegiate Football

Georgia+Marcus+Howard+nails+Colt+Brennan+fumble.jpgncf_g_georgia_hawaii_576.jpg

010108_UGA_Atkins_jc.jpgbrennangone.jpg

2164172236_0de53aa690.jpg?v=0M.%2BWashington%2BSugar%2B07.jpg

Home game against Pittsburgh?

Time for revenge. This time, let's keep the steelers fans OUT.

Preseason and revenge don't go together. I suspect there will be a lot of them regardless.

I'm not going to lie, i know a Steelers fan that will pay me FULL POP for my preseason tickets, and since its so hard to give them away i will GLADLY sell him my tickets to recoup the cost of not being able to give the others away. Flame me i dont care in these hard times as far as $ goes.

For the record i would never sell my tickets to opposing teams fans for regular season games. If we weren't forced to pay full price for preaseason i would think differently.

Whats the point in argueing the whole Colt vs JC thing anymore anyway? I mean its been BEATEN TO DEATH. There is nothing more what so ever to discuss. NOTHING.

If JC doesnt get it done this year.....you may see Colt....if JC gets it done then JC stays around. Its a Win-Win for both sides.

At this point all it is, is little immature comments sent from both sides to rile the other up....its really bringing the board down.

so by that logic, the 3rd string defenses he tore up last preseason were actually worse than the georgia bulldogs starting defense. good call! :doh:

3rd string? umm mixed with 4th & 5th stringers. You know, the ones that are moving furniture, selling cell phones at kiosks, etc. to get by.

Rewording 'The Replacements'

Jim Zorn: Hell of a game, that Sugar Bowl. What'd you lose that by, thirty points?

Colt Brennan: That would be thirty-one.

Jim Zorn: Sometimes a game like that really sticks with you. You never shake it off.

Colt Brennan: Got sacked eight times to prove it.

Jim Zorn: [chuckling] That's why girls don't play the game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2008/01/02/2008-01-02_no_5_georgia_pounds_colt_brennan_hawaii_.html

The Dawgs' junkyard defense saw to that, completely neutralizing Hawaii's All-American quarterback Colt Brennan, who Warriors' coach June Jones claimed was the best player in college football.

Brennan threw three interceptions, was sacked eight times and fumbled twice before he was mercifully taken out in the fourth quarter.

Well . . . I'm happy with the preseason matchups. I usually only go to one of the two games to check out the view from the new upgrades (hopefully significant this year - crossing my fingers!).

Playing the Pats later in the preseason means we will see some good talent in the third preseason game, where the starters usually see the most playing time. That team is so deep that it will be good competition both for our starters early and for our depth guys later in the game. I will probably go to this one. I don't think there is another opponent that I would prefer to play. Since they crushed us so badly in 2007, maybe our starters will actually give full effort.

With respect to the Steelers, I can't stand the fans personally, but I do respect their dedication to the team. I went to the preseason game 2 years ago, and I went to last year's MNF nightmare. Both were full of Steelers fans. But I don't really share the same sentiments as most of the rest of the board for the preseason games with respect to keeping the crowd all skins fans. During the regular season, when games matter, I would ABSOLUTELY love to have near 100% B&G in the stands. But I don't care who shows up to the preseason games. I can't even get myself amped up for preseason games, and I am a raving lunatic on gamedays in the regular season.

Playing in front of the hard-core Steelers fans in the preseason might actually help out the younger guys on the team - especially after halftime when all of the Skins fans have left and it is only rabid Steelers fans in the crowds. And it is probably the single best opponent that a season ticketholder could have in the preseason, when games are meaningless and nobody wants to go, for recouping some of the costs of preseason games.

Just my two cents, but I'm very happy with the P/S schedule.

Archived