Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Latin American food

Zguy28

There hasn't been a dish I have hated yet, however some of the Nut based soft drinks go in the bleech category

Spain with their version of cooked Snails, still in the shell and the antenna are looking back at you in a soup fell into the no way no how category.

Mofongo FTW!!!. I was in Puerto Rico last summer and had this. I loved it. Anyone know where I can find it in Montgomery county (Gaithersburg, Rockville, Bethesda area).

Dusted off my old (circa 2006) area Eats Locator.

El Coqui

"They sell Puerto Rican & Cuban products."

Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday from 9:00am-9:00pm

16248 S. Frederick

Gaithersburg, MD 20850

(301) 330-6798

The Caribbean Cafe

"Puerto Rican food: pasteles, lechon, mofongo, alcapurrias, sorullitos, flan, tembleque, Cafe Crema, etc. The food is great with the island condiments and prices are reasonable. Small deli setup, great for take out. Small dine-in."

Hours of Operation: Mon - Thurs 9am - 7pm. Friday 9am - 8pm. Saturday 9am - 8pm. Sunday 9am - 5pm

8-C East Diamond Ave.

Oldetown Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877

301-926-0108

Manna Carry Out

"They offer foods from Puerto Rico, Santo Domingo, and Cuba. Even though it says carry out, they have a small restaurant inside that offers a great Latin atmosphere."

8640 Flower Ave.

Takoma Park, MD

301-589-9390

while i'm Obsessed with cooking and eating Thai and Vietnamese food, latin cuisine is as good as at gets.

With my mom being from Argentina and the old man being from Puerto Rico i have had an amazing mix of foods from these VERY different countries

Grilling is a freaking religion in our family and that comes from my mom and the rice/beans aspect of food comes from dad.

Anybody like Malta? sooooooo good. its sweet type of beer with the alchohol. I think it is popular in germany as well.

I'll never hate on foods of other cultures, except maybe England. They all keep me drooling and being lucky to have a great mix of cultures in the family it makes reunions great.

When I lived in Spain, Germany and Sicily my neighbors and I indulged in Food tag I'd enjoy their native cuisine (even horse) and they'd get to taste Southern Cuisine my homemade sweet potato and coconut pies hooked them when it came to desserts.

I've liked Malta since the 80's

cant believe i hadnt mentioned these

but some argentinian chorrizos!!!!!thats perfection!

I've never had argentinian chorrizos or sausage. I've had mexican chorrizo that my co-worker made.

But if you like that, you need to try this Phillipino sausage called "langunisa" or "tocino". Trust me, you'll love it for breakfast!!!!

• 7 months later...

Archived