Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Latin American food

Zguy28

since i brought up eating parts of animals that most wouldnt haha

have any of you all eaten some lengua? haha soo good!

I had a local lady in rural Mexico serve me pork skins which were soft and mushy (kind of slimy) in a sweet and sour type sauce.

I did not care for it.

Great thread, Z. Always digging the food threads.

But what is up with the Peruvian chicken? I keep on hearing about it -- have not gotten a chance to have it yet. Looks like a regular rotisserie. What makes it so special?

Right away I recognized the primary flavor was cumin. :hungry:

It comes with a mustard/mayo sauce too. Delish!

anyways how can i post in this thread without putting my bread and butter on here haha

this is the closest image i could find to some central american tortillas (on the top)

boo skinny mexican tortillas!

In Puebla and Apizaco (Central Mexico) I have had thick tortillas that you eat openfaced. One guy said that it was a real Chalupa.

Oh, and I've gotta mention the wonderful day long process of a chicharronada!

We can buy a whole pig skin at the local carnecerias. Trimming it, cutting it into pieces and cooking them up in a huge caldron out back of someones house with plenty of cold beer and usually some horseshoe games going on is one of the best ways to spend a Saturday I've ever experienced. Metanzas are also a similar get together but they involved the killing of a critter and making it into numerous dishes. mmmmmm

I need to give a shout out to Pupusas!!! I love them sooo much!

Puerto Rican food is great. Everyone needs to try Bacalaitos and Acapuria!!!! MMMM:drool:

I love going El Condado in Puerto Rico and going to all the shacks on the beach frying up the best Puerto Rican food you can find!

Okay, you guys have to start explaining what some of these dishes are.

The Guatemalan Enchilada:

Pickled cabbage and beets

grated white cheese

hard boiled egg

onion

ground beef with garlic & peas

red salsa

parsley (or other herb of choice like cilantro or thyme)

Stack it on top of a flat hard shell tortilla

So are caramel empandas from Taco Bell:drool:

anyways..lol all of you all should find a hispanic friend and go to a bbq with them this summer...better yet when you're drivign around and smell something good in the air this summer..odds are its the adobo seasoning hitting the grill and permeating the air...follow it and try some of that food out..

while i'm Obsessed with cooking and eating Thai and Vietnamese food, latin cuisine is as good as at gets.

With my mom being from Argentina and the old man being from Puerto Rico i have had an amazing mix of foods from these VERY different countries

Grilling is a freaking religion in our family and that comes from my mom and the rice/beans aspect of food comes from dad.

Anybody like Malta? sooooooo good. its sweet type of beer with the alchohol. I think it is popular in germany as well.

anyways..lol all of you all should find a hispanic friend and go to a bbq with them this summer...better yet when you're drivign around and smell something good in the air this summer..odds are its the adobo seasoning hitting the grill and permeating the air...follow it and try some of that food out..

Crisp and Juicy...that is all

I am refering to the restaurants of course

my girlfriend is Salvadorean and introduced to Papusas. They're very good.

Also, I'm big fan of Peruvian food which is very insteresting mix of Latin/Chinese food. I know its odd, but thats the only way to explain it. The only latin country that makes Fried Rice.

peruvian food is stupid good. crazy mix of styles. its too good.

oh man, lomo saltado? yum. made some last weekend.

There is a place here in town that is operated by a few of our local hispanic residents. Food is awesome,though I tend to stay away from the sauce marked "Very Hot." :paranoid: The crew I worked with the past 6 months was also 50% hispanic. Great group of guys and they occasionally would call me over and have me try some of the food they had brought. Always very good.

Anybody like Malta? sooooooo good. its sweet type of beer with the alchohol. I think it is popular in germany as well.

OMG You have NO idea how much I love Malta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was in Iraq, I had my mom send me Malta on the regular!!!! That **** is amazing! I can't believe I forgot to bring that up!

Latin American is one of my favorite cuisines!! El Pollo Rico is the ****!! I was so bummed when the Ennals Avenue, Wheaton location burned down (they were two blocks from my office on Amherst Avenue). However, it was probably karma for the employing/harboring illegal aliens and money laundering:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/md/Public-Affairs/press_releases/press07/OwnersofElPolloRicoRestaurantIndictedinSchemetoHarborandEmployIllegalAliens.html :doh:

Thank jeebus that they re-opened on Univeristy Blvd (just a stones throw from the other location). I still go almost every Tuesday & Thrusday for lunch. :drool:

Crisp and Juicy...that is all

I am refering to the restaurants of course

Hell yeah bro!!! That pink spicy sauce that Crisp & Juicy serves with their charbroiled chicken?!?!?! I pay for 3 extra sides of the sauce whenever I eat there. I am pretty sure that I am physically addicted to that sauce. :D

Archived