Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Campbell: "I want to stay with 'Skins"

x96bryan10

That's a little much... there are PLENTY of teams that would love to have jason cambell. Don't you have anything to say besides pessimistic views?

Wow. Who do you really think would start him?

And without even competition?

I can think of maybe 1 team besides us.

Any team besides that would make him compete....and there is probably only one more of those.

I've been a HUGE supporter of Campbell since he became our starter and still do support him as our starter 100%. I do think he has made improvements every week after week, and the last game against SF, even though it didn't mean much he was the only one who really showed a lot of heart. That being said, if our O-Line protects a little better for him this year and he still can't get it done, I do believe it may be time for a change.

By not extending, leaking "Cutler-want" to the press, and working out Sanchez .... the Sklins are sending an indelible message that Campbell is not the guy. So be it. Chcek out Sanchez' video on the Draftparty Youtube channel ... then picture in your mind how either No. 6 would look as the "face of the Skins."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/26/campbell-looking-for-a-signal-of-trust/

Please click link thought article was to long to paste all of it here .

Campbell: I want to stay with 'Skins

Ryan O'Halloran

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Knowing full well his on-field actions and not off-field words will determine his future as the Washington Redskins' quarterback, Jason Campbell nonetheless remains unequivocal in his desire to stay with the franchise that drafted him four years ago.

But do the Redskins, despite their purported pursuit of Denver's Jay Cutler and the fact they are working out Southern California's Mark Sanchez, want Campbell?

"That's up to them," he said after a workout Tuesday at Redskin Park. "I definitely want to stay here. I like the D.C. area, and I like the fan support. I do think we're a team that can win in the near future, and I do think we're a team whose turn it will be to rip off wins year after year after year.

"Hopefully I can do things so they can know I'm their guy and I can take us where they want to go. I would like to get to the point where I know they really trust me."

Campbell, 16-20 since taking over the starting job in November 2006, enters the final season of his five-year contract with a salary cap number of $3.89 million. Unlike many other teams, the Redskins have adopted a wait-and-see attitude instead of locking up their young passer.

Campbell will be an unrestricted free agent in 2011, but if the owners and NFL Players Association don't extend the current collective bargaining agreement, he will be a restricted free agent (players will need six years of service to be unrestricted) and the Redskins could match any contract offer.

click link for rest of article also a page 2 !

Great article, thanks OP. I'm sure JC will have a great year this year.

He has one on two or three lowest completion percentages in the league on passes over 20 or 25 yards.

They are just shortened hail marys.

So then it is more than simply my opinion...it's a fact.:)

Well, I guess that all we can do now is hope that he is spending a whole lot of time sitting down with coach Zorn and watching a whole lot of film of himself. Because I tell you what, thanks to that NFL package that includes "Short Cuts", I have been able to watch every game again a number of times during this offseason, and Campbell has a lot of work to do on basic fundamentals.

Wow. Who do you really think would start him?

And without even competition?

I can think of maybe 1 team besides us.

Any team besides that would make him compete....and there is probably only one more of those.

Ok, lets see. Jets, Bucs, Browns, Jags, 49ers, Minnesota, Detroit. Just to name a few. I see cambell being better then almost all of the qbs on these teams rosters; competition for browns and jags though, maybe even all the teams, but cambell would be able to beat out almost all of them i would bet.

From Haps post in Breaking News.....

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/03/redskins-notes.html

Let me do a little of Jason Campbell defending here, because we don't do it often. True, Campbell looked at times like he regressed by mid-season. He rolled the first half of the season, regressed the second half. BUT, didn't the whole team regress? What about the receivers? Were Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El as effective in the second half? I think not. Why did the Redskins waste a pick on Malcolm Kelly? Every other team knew his knee problems would be a major issues in his contributions. Not the Skins.

Can Jason Campbell blame some of his regression on the breakdown up front? Absolutely. I think when the front office evaluates Campbell, it also needs to do a reality check on ITSELF and the protection up front it provides Campbell to execute the offense. The offensive line is awful and so are the receivers. Little has changed, and we often attribute that here at DCPSR to front office malpractice.

Ok, lets see. Jets, Bucs, Browns, Jags, 49ers, Minnesota, Detroit. Just to name a few. I see cambell being better then almost all of the qbs on these teams rosters; competition for browns and jags though, maybe even all the teams, but cambell would be able to beat out almost all of them i would bet.

Possible. Everyone certainly is entitled to an opinion.

I would disagree on a few of those for sure. Browns and Jags to start.

Browns already have 2 qbs. Doubt they would even give up a 5th rounder for another.

Bucs? 2nd string there. Unlikely they would even let him compete.

Detroit is the one team I could see starting him.

And Minny they would let him compete.

That isn't saying a whole lot.....when the starter of our team might start on two other teams.....and might be able to compete for a spot on three others.

He is definitely a weak link on an offense that has a several weak links.

From Haps post in Breaking News.....

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/03/redskins-notes.html

Let me do a little of Jason Campbell defending here, because we don't do it often. True, Campbell looked at times like he regressed by mid-season. He rolled the first half of the season, regressed the second half. BUT, didn't the whole team regress? What about the receivers? Were Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El as effective in the second half? I think not. Why did the Redskins waste a pick on Malcolm Kelly? Every other team knew his knee problems would be a major issues in his contributions. Not the Skins.

Can Jason Campbell blame some of his regression on the breakdown up front? Absolutely. I think when the front office evaluates Campbell, it also needs to do a reality check on ITSELF and the protection up front it provides Campbell to execute the offense. The offensive line is awful and so are the receivers. Little has changed, and we often attribute that here at DCPSR to front office malpractice.

Dear gawd, you called the o-line "awful"...be prepared to have a **** load of stats/numbers tossed at you in a few.:)

It's just a matter of time.

I've been a HUGE supporter of Campbell since he became our starter and still do support him as our starter 100%. I do think he has made improvements every week after week, and the last game against SF, even though it didn't mean much he was the only one who really showed a lot of heart. That being said, if our O-Line protects a little better for him this year and he still can't get it done, I do believe it may be time for a change.

The only thing I disagee with you about is that the O-line has to protect a lot better. The O-line that the Skins left off with last season was soft like tissue paper. NO QB is gonna consistently sit behind that line and stasy healthy.

I said production, not protection. ;)

I have a problem with reading too quickly :silly:

Sorry :)

and he had overall better reg season numbers than the QB that won the Super Bowl, except for only 4 fewer TD's and 56 fewer yards

....and Brunell was 24/27 against the Texans a few years back. The numbers don't tell the whole story.

so he likes the DC area and the fan support?

apparently hes never perused the site here to see how he has been ripped several new ones in the past. lol

That was my first thought when I read that...obviously he doesn't spend too much time on ES...:silly:

That being said, I obviously want Campbell to do well. At least he wants to be here. Or maybe he's just talkin outa his butt...it's not like he's gunna tell the WT that he hates DC and wants to be gone...whichever, he knows he needs to step it up this season or it's "hello Colt"

Only time will tell...

I want JC back on the Skins next year. If he has a good year his price will go up. I think we will see a much different offense this coming season. I am excited to see how JC progresses in his second year of the WCO, and I also would like to see what the 2nd rounders can do.

I love how the Times is still pushing around the fact that we are trying to get Cutler even though EVERYONE that has spoke to the media has said its not a factor.

I really hope we keep Campbell. I think Redskins fans are always in a rush to throw in the backup. Unless you go back to Jurgensen or Baugh. We have never had a true franchise QB and we havent really given any of our home grown QBs suffcient time to develop. Look back at our QBs I would take Jason over Brunell,Shuler,George,Matthews,Wuerful,Ramsey,Banks,Frerotte,Conklin,Rutledge or any other scrub QB we have had over the years. Brad Johnson could have been our franchise QB but Danny boy pissed him off. Lets give Campbell one more year. If this team is forced to turn to Colt Brennan a late round Qb from a gimmick offense. We are in deep trouble for the next 4-5 years.

so, in the midst of trade speculation and such, the alleged crybaby jc

...simply turns on the ignore button and not let it distract him from his game. He also has pretty much said that if they ship him elsewhere, he'll just go with no problem. So who wants to paint his character as a wuss who needs to be coddled again? Oh wait, that's the other jc.

ding ding ding! Qft

JC is a rare breed in the NFL right now--a player that doesn't talk trash, doesn't whine to the media, doesn't make contract demands, doesn't throw his teammates under the bus, doesn't pout like a baby, and simply focuses on doing his job better and helping the team win. I don't understand why he draws so much bitterness and anger from the ES crowd. Root for the guy--he's young, talented, and is a class act.

Archived