Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here Are Some Pictures I took (Share your pics here if you want) MET

KNGwithOUTaCrwN

Loving coming back to this post, always such great stuff in here! I've been slacking a little on going out. I just booked another trip back to Japan and visiting some cities I haven't seen before this time, I should have a lot of shots from that. Probably going to pick up a used Fuji x100s while I'm there too. Anyway, here's a few recent shots of mine. 

15567804642_6d5c60c95c_b.jpgFlushing Meadows Park Unisphere by Sikbug, on Flickr

15543262466_2e1432dd93_b.jpgNew York State Pavilion by Sikbug, on Flickr

15380328389_37f4493813_b.jpgNew York State Pavilion by Sikbug, on Flickr

15198566538_978310ded7_b.jpgTimes Sq by Sikbug, on Flickr

15362157166_8b952d1d64_b.jpgAstor Place on Film by Sikbug, on Flickr

That's what I have said and still say. Especially there in Utah. Scenery is there all I have to do is point and press the button. I thought things were a bit brighter out there when I was there last month. Always spectacular. :)

I don't think I've posted any of these.

USS Cassin Young (Boston Naval Yard, MA)

10481542_10204638500942181_6986127169591

Nation Monument to the Forefathers (Plymouth, MA)

10553879_10204638458781127_3360381373086

Santa Monica Pier (Santa Monica, CA)

10553794_10204638526742826_2363650538099

National Zoo (Washington D.C.)

10460820_10204638533182987_1823362184989

Animal Kingdom (Orlando, FL)

10458983_10204638543063234_4388293567336

Hoover Dam (Boulder City, NV)

10499331_10204638557183587_5626464369836

Train Station (Chicago, IL)

10530491_10204638574624023_2025720205411

Yellowstone National Parl (Yellowstone, WY)

10582883_10204638684226763_5305854637259

Capilano State Park Cliff Walk (Vancouver, British Columbia)

10547743_10205314438160189_2422253828733

Capilano State Park Cliff Walk (Vancouver, British Columbia)

10636930_10205314459760729_3581566839031

I've just picked up a Canon T2i from my buddy for $100.  I was playing around with lightroom and made a comment to him about I need to start taking pictures so I can play with lightroom and he offered me his old camera.

I took some pictures this weekend after fishing out on the potomac.  This is my first attempt at taking pictures and just playing with lightroom plug-ins.  Just getting into this and I have a lot to learn.  Comments and criticism welcome

a7o57Rb.jpg

KabJwf5.jpg

CGV13KU.jpg

0H8b34x.jpg

I've just picked up a Canon T2i from my buddy for $100.  I was playing around with lightroom and made a comment to him about I need to start taking pictures so I can play with lightroom and he offered me his old camera.

I took some pictures this weekend after fishing out on the potomac.  This is my first attempt at taking pictures and just playing with lightroom plug-ins.  Just getting into this and I have a lot to learn.  Comments and criticism welcome

Wow that's a great deal! The T2i is still a great camera. The shots are good, but I'd say ease up on the Clarity/Vibrance/Saturation levels a bit. I think that's a common mistake when starting out in lightroom. Also, if you have the drive space, shoot in RAW, you'll get a lot more out of the files when editing them. 

The T2i is an excellent little camera. When it first came out,DPreview summarized that it wouldn't be antiquated for quite some time. This I have found,is true. Put a real nice lens on it and the images it takes can be wonderful. It's my backup right now. Some of the settings in it,(landscape and a few others),coupled with the use of Lightroom,(or Aperture 3),can give results like those above. I'd check the settings and follow what sikbug said as well. Otherwise,nice shots and good eye. Most important things to learn right now are: 

Lighting

Aperture

Lighting

Shutter speed

Lighting

ISO

Lighting. 

Oh. And lighting. ;)   Learn how Aperture and shutter speed work together and then bring in ISO. Learn all the rules about them that way down the road you can break them. ;)  And learn everything you can about Lightroom. Post production can be very important.  Just a few things off the top of my head,(such as it is). 

That's the important part. Having fun while you learn. Oh. Practice practice practice. Read and learn a bit,take a bunch of pics,come back,toss most of them ;) rinse repeat. Have any questions a long the way,feel free to come back here and we'll try to answer them or help find the answers. :)

Are those from your trip across the country, R4Lyf21? I'm not on FB so I didn't think I could get to most of your pics, but they're awesome!

Most of them are. Thanks!

I actually had to sell my DSLR on the trip because IONTOP encouraged me to drink heavily, and I exhausted my funds :lol:

1) Very cool pics Rdskn4Lyf21.

2)Recognize some post production techniques I think. Nicely done there. 

3)Damn I'm envious of where you went for some of those. :)

Thanks PCS - I really appreciate it.

My post production technique is a "I don't know what I'm doing technique". I take an uh, herbal supplement :ph34r: and go to town editing. I find I can hone in on all aspects of the image better.

That said, those tips above are awesome. I really would love to learn how to take great pictures and turn that into even a minor income. I do have a question for you:

I'm finally buying another DSLR after 2.5 looooong years. I had the T3i, and I loved it. I've been looking into the T4i, 7D, and 60D as well. At the end of the day it's going to be a matter of finding the best camera in my budget. From your experience and knowledge is there one of these you'd recommend? Or another in a similar price range?

I sometimes have a beer and a shot or two of Fireball these days before my evening editing. Morning is coffee and then some. :)   I like the effects used in the Train shot though the Yellowstone shot might be over saturated a bit,(allowing for artistic license there :) ).  I tend to run my images through Photomatix just to see how they may look in various forms of HDR. Artistic license. :)  A for the camera's all those 3 have been pretty much replaced with newer models. Of course,that'll make those 3 cheaper and they shouldn't be THAT antiquated....yet.   My favorite of the 3 would be the T4i.  For Canon users,I recommend this guy's site among a few others. 

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/

Fairly in depth reviews and that's all he does,so I like going there first when I start shopping. 

T4i from that site. 

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T4i-650D-Digital-SLR-Camera-Review.aspx

I sometimes have a beer and a shot or two of Fireball these days before my evening editing. Morning is coffee and then some. :)   I like the effects used in the Train shot though the Yellowstone shot might be over saturated a bit,(allowing for artistic license there :) ).  I tend to run my images through Photomatix just to see how they may look in various forms of HDR. Artistic license. :)  A for the camera's all those 3 have been pretty much replaced with newer models. Of course,that'll make those 3 cheaper and they shouldn't be THAT antiquated....yet.   My favorite of the 3 would be the T4i.  For Canon users,I recommend this guy's site among a few others. 

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/

Fairly in depth reviews and that's all he does,so I like going there first when I start shopping. 

T4i from that site. 

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T4i-650D-Digital-SLR-Camera-Review.aspx

It definitely helps to relax some. I'm on board with you with the over saturation of that pic. It's always kind of bugged me. Maybe I'll edit it again one day haha. I'll be checking out Photomatix tomorrow. Thanks for the links! I'll be checking those out as well. I've been leaning towards the T4i...just want to make the right decision :)

Don't blame you on that one. It can be a tough decision. Take your time and do your research. 

Oh yeah. Pics and such. ;) 

Hope Valley. 

2014fall84.jpg

Old,small barn that fell down a few years ago in Hope Valley.

2014fall86.jpg

Small shack in Hope Valley.

2014fall85.jpg

West Fork of the Carson River at sunset up in Hope Valley.

hpvlysunset2.jpg

One  of a series of small falls on this part of the West Fork of the Carson River. Fall colors around all the rock formations was cool. 

2014fall68.jpg

Some old shacks over near Genoa in the Carson Valley. 

nvpics2.jpg

Panoramic of a favorite spot of mine along the West Fork of the Carson River. Place just lights up during the Fall. 

fallpan1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy looking in this thread. There are some exceptional photographers on here. I stumbled upon this infographic about copyrights. Thought it was interesting, and might be interesting to some of you.

http://blog.kenkaminesky.com/2014/12/03/owns-photograph/

It's an interesting read. I personally only put right clicking blocking on my website and a good amount of meta data in my file, but if someone wants my photos, the only way to stop them is to not post them anywhere. I don't really mind when I see them up on other sites. I've had a few of my photos go viral, but to me it's just more exposure for myself anyway. I also don't watermark my images for the same kind of thinking (makes the image less appealing and someone could just crop it out anyway if they want).

I've invested a lot of time and money into my hobby, but it's just a hobby at the moment, I don't make anywhere close to enough to live off of the prints and books I've sold. I'm cool with that, because the kind of projects I do are solely up to me and for me before anyone else. Now if someone were to take a photo I took and say start selling prints of it and making money, that would be different, but just sharing it around the Internet, is totally different to me. 

That's how I feel about this thread as well.

As for the copyright thing. Yeah. It's something to be concerned about a bit. I know of 4-5 professional photographers I chat with from time to time online have recently had their photos "lifted" by others to use. 2 of them had it done by a municipality. It can be a bit worrisome for anyone,especially the pros. 

Oooooookay.

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/jonathanjonesblog/2014/dec/10/most-expensive-photograph-ever-hackneyed-tasteless

Photography is not an art. It is a technology. We have no excuse to ignore this obvious fact in the age of digital cameras, when the most beguiling high-definition images and effects are available to millions. My iPad can take panoramic views that are gorgeous to look at. Does that make me an artist? No, it just makes my tablet one hell of a device.

The news that landscape photographer Peter Lik has sold his picture Phantom for $6.5m (£4.1m), setting a new record for the most expensive photograph of all time, will be widely taken as proof to the contrary. In our world where money talks, the absurd inflated price that has been paid by some fool for this “fine art photograph” will be hailed as proof that photography has arrived as art.

*Click Link for more* 

Archived