Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here Are Some Pictures I took (Share your pics here if you want) MET

KNGwithOUTaCrwN

It has been awhile since I posted any shots. I didn't really have anything new. But now I do. Last November/December I went to Japan. So I have some non car related photos to share.

First off since this is a Redskins board, I couldn't go to Japan and not visit the site of Steve Spurrier's greatest victory. Remember Osaka!

16059380489_c00d826a16_c.jpgOsaka Night Cityscape 2 by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

Japan loves their observation decks. Almost every tall building has one. Here are a couple more shots from different observation decks in Tokyo.

15874040921_5eaab08ec4_c.jpgHard Night by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

15656232810_3642376c93_c.jpgTokyo Sunset 1 by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

In stark contrast to the skyscrapers are all of the old temples and shrines.

15887531336_2a9b31f1a0_c.jpgTemple on the Hill by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

15937291915_7c638c4c35_c.jpgGolden Pavilion by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

I was there at close to the peak fall color time so I took a few shots of leaves.

15845077741_02dd65cb15_c.jpgKoyo by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

15736033829_bba6cb64d8_c.jpgMaple and Moss by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

16243655881_8b917c023c_c.jpgTranquil by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

In the hills above Kyoto there is a monkey park that has around a hundred or so wild monkeys that roam freely around the park. You can get within several feet of them, or closer if you want to risk getting bitten. If you ever get a chance to go be warned it is a hell of a climb to get up to the top where the monkeys are. Especially if you are out of shape and lugging 20 lbs of camera gear.

16137366335_25e81f7472_c.jpgYoung Macaque by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

I'll wrap it up with some random shots of stuff I saw. It was a great trip and I'd love to go back sometime.

15936650582_43309f3bf0_c.jpgArrival by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

15858805985_68f79f93d7_c.jpgA Day For Family by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

15310254243_094aa6e023_c.jpgOutside Looking In by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

15344386104_50f47aa45e_c.jpgElevate by autoidiodyssey, on Flickr

Whew. Some breathtaking stuff here fellows. Very inspiring. Now take care of those backs. Don't want to have you miss any pic taking opportunities,(then sharing them here). :)  

Few more from Bodie and a couple from New Years. 

It has been awhile since I posted any shots. I didn't really have anything new. But now I do. Last November/December I went to Japan. So I have some non car related photos to share.

These are great! I was actually there in November as well.

Man this thread just exploded with awesomeness recently, everyone's work looks great! 

These are great! I was actually there in November as well.

Thanks. I was there from 11/21 to 12/11, Tokyo and Osaka. Looks like you made it all the way down to Hiroshima. I had originally planned to go there but then decided for my first trip over to stick to Tokyo and Osaka and do some smaller day trips like Kyoto and Nara.

Thanks. I was there from 11/21 to 12/11, Tokyo and Osaka. Looks like you made it all the way down to Hiroshima. I had originally planned to go there but then decided for my first trip over to stick to Tokyo and Osaka and do some smaller day trips like Kyoto and Nara.

We may have overlapped a little bit, forget the exact dates I was there now. Actually, I went all the way down to Kumamoto for a few days and visited my girlfriend's family. Hit Hiroshima and Osaka on my way back to Tokyo. Hiroshima is cool and all, but miyajima is what really impressed me. It's still technically Hiroshima I believe too, I highly suggest staying in a ryokan on that island if you can next time. What did you think of Osaka and Tokyo, First time? I'll be back there again in a few months. I try to go as often as I can. 

What did you think of Osaka and Tokyo, First time?

It was my first time. I really liked it. The language barrier was not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. And getting around was really easy. I rented a wifi hotspot so I could use my phone like I would here. That really helped. It was a little strange, I never really felt like I had traveled half way around the world if that makes sense. I was comfortable almost right away and never got that feeling of being far away from home. I'd love to go back. Maybe not for 3 weeks, 2 would probably be about right.

Tokyo and Osaka were both great. I really only had two days in Osaka to explore and a lot of that was taken up by having to switch hotels. The rest of the time there I was doing day trips to Kyoto and one day to Nara. So I didn't get to see that much of it.

Hey guys... special request... I was born in Japan and have never been able to return. If you are ever near Yokosuka, please, please, please get some photos. I would love to see the place of my birth through either of your talented eyes.  :)

I may have been there before, was it on a base? I visited someone's father on a base over there once years ago. I've def been to kamakura a few times which is right there too. 

It was my first time. I really liked it. The language barrier was not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. And getting around was really easy. I rented a wifi hotspot so I could use my phone like I would here. That really helped. It was a little strange, I never really felt like I had traveled half way around the world if that makes sense. I was comfortable almost right away and never got that feeling of being far away from home. I'd love to go back. Maybe not for 3 weeks, 2 would probably be about right.

Tokyo and Osaka were both great. I really only had two days in Osaka to explore and a lot of that was taken up by having to switch hotels. The rest of the time there I was doing day trips to Kyoto and one day to Nara. So I didn't get to see that much of it.

Those wifi hotspot things are a life saver. I actually only used one once this past trip, makes such a big difference. I had a crappy Japanese phone prior, but it didn't have a data plan. Yeah Kyoto is amazing, we were supposed to stop there again, but stayed longer in miyajima instead so we didn't have time. I haven't spent a ton of time in Osaka either, but the food is amazing and it has a more laid back feel to it. It has a more NYC feel to it to me. Kansai in general is a lot of fun. I've spent about 7 months in Tokyo off and on, if you ever go back, let me know, I know a ton of good spots. 

PCS, really digging that set of photos, especially the mountain sunset and the second to last shot in b&w. 

Here's two shots I took walking around yesterday with the fuji. 

15738705443_d6254afa38_c.jpgEast Village by Sikbug, on Flickr

15738706313_e8110cbdb6_c.jpgD Train by Sikbug, on Flickr

Those wifi hotspot things are a life saver. I actually only used one once this past trip, makes such a big difference. I had a crappy Japanese phone prior, but it didn't have a data plan.

The wifi was great. That plus the Skype app and a $3 a month plan let me call back to the US from anywhere I went. It was only $85 for the three weeks, totally worth it.

I may have been there before, was it on a base? I visited someone's father on a base over there once years ago. I've def been to kamakura a few times which is right there too. 

I was born at the US Navy hospital there but I would just love to see some pics of the town... or anything really from either of you. You are both so talented. 

Saturday Rolex racing action is going up on my site now. over 4 hours to go but over 150 picks posted already.

michaelsart | Rolex 24 - 2015 Saturday Racing Action

a few samples...

p7664813-4.jpg

p584242944-4.jpg

Nice. Really like those shots.

I decided to research and practice some effects I use in the digital darkroom. Already put up a few samples,but now really getting artsy with some stuff. 2 14 hour days of working with images and still going. Artsy can be fun,(though not popular with a few photographers I know and talk to here and in Utah). 

Nice. Really like those shots.

I decided to research and practice some effects I use in the digital darkroom. Already put up a few samples,but now really getting artsy with some stuff. 2 14 hour days of working with images and still going. Artsy can be fun,(though not popular with a few photographers I know and talk to here and in Utah). 

Yeah, I'm just starting to get back into adding effects and post processing again. For the longest time I have been obsessed with trying to get the complete finished product in camera because when I was going to school for graphic design, all of the photography students I knew looked at post processing as a failure of the photographer to get it right in the first place. But the reality is, even the best photographers almost always did half of their magic in the darkroom. 

In fact I just saw a quote from Ansel Adams... cant find it now but it was something to the effect of "no photo is done till I burn the corners. (he didn't like light spots in the corners of a photo because it leads the eye out of frame).

Just found this link...

10 Photography Lessons From Ansel Adams » Expert Photography

With this quote... "“Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships.” 

​Funny thing... on that page is a picture of Adams shooting from a home made looking deck on the roof of a station wagon. I never knew he did that, but that is something I've been planning to do for some time with my wagon. Hopefully I can make mine without bolting metal to the side of my car.  :P

I'm the same way with many of the shots I take. I strive to get the most complete pic I can. For several reasons,one is that it means less time in the dark room and more time taking pics. :) Friend of mine who was a professional photographer by trade for a number of years,advised me that it was best to affect as much I could of the image before it hit the sensor.  

As for Ansel Adams. Oh yeah.  Ansel was classic for things like. Stopping in the middle of road too. He is actually considered by many as the Grandfather of HDR and predicted the digital age. 

I eagerly await new concepts and processes.  I believe the electronic image will be the next major advance.  Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them.
— Ansel Adams, The Negative

I am sure the next step will be the electronic image, and I hope I shall live to see it. I trust that the creative eye will continue to function, whatever technological innovations may develop.
— Ansel Adams, Examples: The Making of 40 Photographs

As for the enhancements and such,well,I think Ansel said it pretty good again. 

“No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.” – Ansel Adams -

Archived