Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll (and related Jay Cutler article): Is Jason Campbell Untouchable?

skinsfannyc76

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Sorry guys, I'll be the first to admit, I'm over the Jay Cutler thing (most of my comments have been for all of us to refocus on the upcoming draft to deal with our needs at the RT, OLB, and DE positions). That said, I was reading this article in the Denver Post (via ESPN.com) and I was a little surprised to see that 10 teams had called Denver about Jay Cutler. For the mathematically challenged, that's almost 1/3 of the league.

Link: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11954932

And naturally, I had to wonder if one of those 10 teams was our beloved Skins. The article ends with a listing of who the writer (I'm guessing) believes are "untouchable" QBs in the league. And no surprise, our very own JC is not on that list.

So, the question I pose to you (as a fan), and not as a GM...is Jason Campbell (in your mind) "untouchable?"

I'm a pro-JC supporter, and even though yes, I think overall Jay Cutler is a better QB (right now), I want to see what we have in JC this upcoming season. I think with a little better blocking and some proper route running (that's you Devin Thomas), we should see a much improved offense. So, my long-winded answer, is "NO" I don't think JC is untouchable, but I want to see him stay and grow as our franchise QB.

Hail.

I think JC is not the answer. I would be estatic if we got rid of him and got a real QB. He cannot throw TDs. Other QBs have bad lines and poor recievers and they can still throw TDs. In fact, we had the leagues leading rusher and JC still couldnt throw a TD when teams were moving people in the box to counter the rushing attack.

JC must go. He just doesnt have it and never will.

I tried to go back in to edit a poll, but unless I'm missing something, can't see how to do it. Sorry guys...but more than the metrics, I'm curious about people's actual responses. Next time I'll get it right (this was my 1st, albeit slightly botched, attempt at a poll)!

No, if he leads us to the promiseland I would be shocked, but happy. I just don't think he sees the field well and doesn't throw it when it should be gone. He waits too long to make his decisions. Plus he needs to see people that are open, he throws into double coverage too much, meanwhile Cooley is open in the middle of the field.

I'm what they'd call a Campbell supporter, or "fanboy" or "apologist" or whatever, but I don't think any player is untouchable.

However, I think we do need to stick with him and see what happens. It's one more year, and if he plays well, we extend him. If not, we let him go. That's that. It's time we see if we can have our OWN Jay Cutler, and not have to trade for other teams' players all the time.

How the heck could anybody call Jason Campbell untouchable? Are we talking about Peyton Manning wearing a JC costume? Come on now, let's not get silly. I happen to think Campbell is a pretty good young QB, but there's no way he's elite. There is a very small group of players in this league whose teams would simply not entertain trade offers for, and our guy ain't one of 'em. Good grief.

I'm like most of these guys, there is not QB/player that is untouchable. Now, if they are performing, they should get the nod. If they're not, they should atleast be given the opportunity to show they can perform. I'm not a believer in Jason, but if he lights it up and we win, go post season, I can't argue with wins. A Super Bowl would be even better. Would I still believe that there are better QBs, probably, unless he turns it completely around. I just don't believe that we should be blaming every other position. I firmly believe that the QB is a make or break position and is the difference between winning and going postseason.

Edit: I didn't vote because the option I wanted isn't available, "Open Competition for Every Position".

He's not untouchable. However, I have enough confidence in both of our backups and in him that he's not worth giving up a lot to replace.

IE, I'd trade campbell and a 3rd and perhaps someone like ARE for Cutler. I wouldn't give anything greater than that because Campbell is servicable enough, TC is experienced enough, and I believe in the potential of Colt enough and am not sold enough on Cutler to believe we'd be giving up to much.

Tell that to the 2000 Ravens.
The 2000 Ravens had possibly one of the best defenses ever to play the game. That is an exception not something that happens every year. They went I belive 4 or 5 games without putting up an offensive TD and the defense was that good they still won the game. Ray Lewis has been ****ing about the offense ever since that. He has been dying to get an actual offense to be a third of what there defense is capable of. He would have alot more rings if they had a decent Qb and offense.

certainly not untouchable but very hard to trade due to having one year left on his contract... no team will trade for him unless jason is willing to rework a deal with them before the trade... and I have a feeling jason's evaluation of himself might be a far cry from how most GM's view him...

Archived