Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man Vs Food - 6/30 Adam in Richmond, VA tonight!

USS Redskins

Anyone watching this show on the Travel Channel?

This guy is classic - Adam Richman - he goes to different cities and checks out local quisine and takes on a big eating challenge.

In Texas he took on a 72 ounce steak, salad, shrimp and potato...

In New Orleans he ate 15 Dozen oysters.

In Tennessee He attempted the Sasquatch challenge - an 8 pound hamburger - he had an hour to eat it and only 4 guys had ever been able to complete.

In Atlanta he had to eat a gigantic Pizza.

In San Jose he took on the Hellfire Wing Challenge - a dozen of the hottest wings in the world in 10 minutes without napkins or liquid - plus a 5 minute wait period to experience the "burn." This was the best episode.

I hate to say it but I think I could do the steak or pizza challenges... my two favorites.

Anyway, great show - airs Wed. at 10pm. Funny stuff.

in Richmond tonight 6/30/2010:

Travel Channel's Man v. Food TONIGHT at 9 E/P Adam visits Richmond, VA to take on wings drenched in a spicy sauce from the "container of poor judgment". These wings are so hot, that they are just stupid to eat. Will Adam defeat the Stupid Wings Challenge at the Caliente restaurant?

The one episode that I didn't understand was the one in Seattle when he was eating the 12-egg omlette and only had 1-2 bites left to win and just didn't do it. I was yelling at him through the tv telling him that he's made it that far, why not finish and get the W!

The one episode that I didn't understand was the one in Seattle when he was eating the 12-egg omlette and only had 1-2 bites left to win and just didn't do it. I was yelling at him through the tv telling him that he's made it that far, why not finish and get the W!

That is a LOT of eggs. If he throws up doesn't he lose anyway? I would rather just not throw up and lose that way, than eat the 2 more eggs and let it all out :puke:

That is a LOT of eggs. If he throws up doesn't he lose anyway? I would rather just not throw up and lose that way, than eat the 2 more eggs and let it all out :puke:

Not sure if he can still throw up and win, but I did see another show on the Travel Channel called "the top 10 biggest foods in America" or something like that where they went to that same restaurant and the guy on that show ate the omlette, toast and hash browns all like a champion. I'm thinking about writing Adam Richman a letter complaining about it. :silly:

• 7 months later...

Bump time....

Man vs Food was in DC for last nights episode. He visited Ben's Chili Bowl, Horace & Dickie's, and Chick & Ruth's in Annapolis. He downed a 6lbs milk shake at Chick & Ruth's. I've been to Chick & Ruth's several time but never been to the other 2, tho, Ben's Chili Bowl is pretty well known around here. At the end of the show the even dedicated the show Ben Ali, who passed recently.

Next weeks show will be in Baltimore but I don't know what places he visits.

I guess I'm in the minority here. Don't get me wrong, I like the show, my wife and I flip it on every once in awhile. I think it's entertaining to watch him pack away food, and we both agree that he'll probably be dead before he's fifty.

My disagreement stems from everyone here who says he's funny. His jokes/voices/proclamations are some of the worst. If it wasn't for the descriptions of what goes into these monster foods, I'd probably watch the show on mute.

My disagreement stems from everyone here who says he's funny. His jokes/voices/proclamations are some of the worst. If it wasn't for the descriptions of what goes into these monster foods, I'd probably watch the show on mute.

I don't think he's funny either, not in the least bit. Same with the guy on DDD. I love both shows purely for the food, which always looks incredible.

Archived