Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A telling interview with Santana Moss

SkinsTillIDie

Isnt it great how an article can spark such random thoughts and ideas in regard to what the speaker was talking about.

We "read between the lines", and we "interpet" what was said, and even notice that the speakers grammer has been altered, and all based on the preconcieved ideas we have.

So my interpetation is that the offense is going to be much better this year, with as much time as Coach Zorn has to work with the players, and some upgrades here and there, it should be an exciting time to be a Redskin fan.

Our lowest catagories on defense last year were sacks and turn over ratio. With the addition of AH and resigning Hall, we should create more turnovers and give the offense some much better starting field position.

Translation=more points !!

Pass protection was a problem then, and as of right now, it still is. Hopefully that will change soon.

It was a little bit of both imo. We started off 6-2 with a gameplan, but then with 8 weeks of film, teams caught on to what we were doing, they prepared and knew what was always coming and that combined with the breakdown of our line began the downfall. Zorn's second half of the season adjustments (or lack thereof) combined with little pass protection doomed us.

I think this season will be different, we will have a top 3 defense that actually accumulates pressure, sacks, and picks. And our O line will hold up, which is all they need to do. IF our offense puts 10-14 points a game on the board, our D will do the rest. I think we can ask that much of them.

Great link and post SkinsTillIDie!

Sounds a lot like what many here have said' date=' once defenses figured out that JC had 1 primary [santana'] they took him away and it was check down city for JC, they brought the heat knowing he was to slow, and to inaccurate to do any real damage finding secondary recievers. I know the O-line was less than stellar last year, but a quick read and delivery can help an O-line a whole lot.
:no: not even close
Campbell did have difficulty finding receivers. Hope 2nd year in the system helps.

As if it really matters. We aren't winning a Lombardi anytime soon, whether they get Santana Moss' quotes right or not. :chair:

Why can we not win a Lombardi soon??

That is a loser mentality. It sounds pathetic 2 me.

I think we can win it this year. 2 many non-believers on this joint.

That's exactly the point I was making above. I understand the writer wanting it to be easy to read, but then he/she technically can't use quotes because that would not be exactly what Moss had said. That opens up the door on what else may have been changed and/or left out.

What are you talking about?? What you are saying makes no sense at all.

What Moss said is what he meant.

Just because the interviewer edited the slang out does not change the message of what Moss was saying.

This downslide in the season everyone keeps talking about was not that suprising to me. It is SO EVIDENT that Campbell did not have any time in the pocket and Moss/Cooley were double teamed. We are going to be on point next year. I don't care what any of the pessimists on here think. When we start winning, all of the wishy washys will hop back on the Campbell soup train.

Campbell and Zorn will at least get to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year IMO. It seriously all depends on the break out of Thomas or Kelly. If our offense gets rolling, believe me, we will be a dangerous team.

We are going to sweep Dallas, Eagles, and Giants as well.

The 6-2 ride was not that big of a deal either....we could have easily been 7-1 if we beat the Rams....we could have been 8-1 if we had beaten the Bengals.....we could have been 9-1 if we had beaten the 49ers....the difference is (offense)

Most of our games this year were CLOSE GAMES....We have the defense of a Championship football team.

(4th in the league in defense with NO PASS RUSH, now we have a pass rush...so yeah...)

If we improve our offense this year, I believe we are winning the superbowl....PERIOD

I would say look at the steelers (Great defense....average offense....ok o-line.....GREAT QB), but I do not like to follow, so I am just going to say watch them RedSkinz.

It was a little bit of both imo. We started off 6-2 with a gameplan, but then with 8 weeks of film, teams caught on to what we were doing, they prepared and knew what was always coming and that combined with the breakdown of our line began the downfall. Zorn's second half of the season adjustments (or lack thereof) combined with little pass protection doomed us.

I think this season will be different, we will have a top 3 defense that actually accumulates pressure, sacks, and picks. And our O line will hold up, which is all they need to do. IF our offense puts 10-14 points a game on the board, our D will do the rest. I think we can ask that much of them.

Exactly....I see us averaging 28 pts a game though.

What have you seen offensively out of the current squad (especially the passing game) that would lead you to make such an outlandish statement??

Why Outlandish??? It is just hopeful and optimistic (but not dilusional).

With an improved O-line....Portis (and hopefully Aldridge and Dorsey) will move the ball MUCH better and we will avoid alot of 3rd down situations.

If Kelly and Davis breaks through....that will take pressure off of Cooley and Moss. With more time in the pocket, Campbell will have many choices of what he can do with the ball. Moss, Cooley, Davis, Kelly, Thomas, ARE, Sellers, etc.

I also expect some defensive TDs from Hall and Carlos with the push up front from Fat Albert.

Everyone will see how good Campbell actually is....lol, it is going to be funny watching all the Campbell haters slowly transition this year.

I encourage EVERYONE 2 Please go to NFL.com and watch our highlights of previous games and you will see the decision making and athletisism that he possesses.

What have you seen offensively out of the current squad (especially the passing game) that would lead you to make such an outlandish statement??

Think about all of those times we got in the End zone as well and could have scored but did not make it because of poor O-line play or dumb mistakes.

Ex.

Casey Rabach holding two times in a row causing two TDs to be called back in a row against Dallas.

Ex.

Mike Sellers handing the ball off to the Bengals defense.

Ex.

In the Eagles game, we were coming back from a 14-0 drought and kicked 3 field goals before half time. Those 9 pts could have easily been 21 pts with a better O-line.

With an improved O-line....I believe we will see alot of HB/FB draws and screens with the help of Dockery, Samuels, Cooley and Sellers.

The Draft is a key component to us getting more points. I hope Orakpo is gone by #13 so we are not tempted by him so that we can get a starting RT in the draft. We will see though.

The 6-2 ride was not that big of a deal either....we could have easily been 7-1 if we beat the Rams....we could have been 8-1 if we had beaten the Bengals.....we could have been 9-1 if we had beaten the 49ers....the difference is (offense)

Most of our games this year were CLOSE GAMES....We have the defense of a Championship football team.

(4th in the league in defense with NO PASS RUSH, now we have a pass rush...so yeah...)

If we improve our offense this year, I believe we are winning the superbowl....PERIOD

I would say look at the steelers (Great defense....average offense....ok o-line.....GREAT QB), but I do not like to follow, so I am just going to say watch them RedSkinz.

I agree with the statement about the defense BUT there were a few games that the offense did their jobs at the end of the game and the defense folded. Everyone wants Campbell to make plays when the game is on the line and he did that a few times only to have the defense lose the lead he had given them.

Hopefully having a big DT that can get a push will wear down the offense of the other team so the defense can get to the QB in those (stupid) prevent situations.

As if it really matters. We aren't winning a Lombardi anytime soon, whether they get Santana Moss' quotes right or not. :chair:

Well, it does matter when reading an article that is based on an interview. If the writer has changed what the interviewee said, regardless of the reason, then the article become suspect and useless.

I agree with the statement about the defense BUT there were a few games that the offense did their jobs at the end of the game and the defense folded.

Dallas and St Louis are the only two games that come to mind to me. I honestly can't think of another. Both those games, also, the Defense spent a ton of time on the field. The Offense had that one nice drive to get the TD near the end of the St Louis game, but they were pretty quiet for 75% of the game.

What are you talking about?? What you are saying makes no sense at all.

What Moss said is what he meant.

Just because the interviewer edited the slang out does not change the message of what Moss was saying.

IF an interviewer changes any of the quotes for any reason of his/her interviewee, than we aren't getting the direct message of that person. Plus, what's to say that other things weren't changed or omitted? That's my problem with this article. IF you are going to quote someone in an article of publication, than it is your journalistic duty to use exact quotes or reference/asterisk where you did not.

I teach Honors English and Journalism, and this is part of the basics of Journalism 1. Any journalist should know by not following this, their interview/article becomes suspect at best. There is a reason why they are called "direct quotes."

Why can we not win a Lombardi soon??

That is a loser mentality. It sounds pathetic 2 me.

I think we can win it this year. 2 many non-believers on this joint.

My Feelings Exactly, I'm sick and tired of this "Well we are totally ****** attitude.

Regardless of what we have to face next year, I'm going to Support Campbell, and Zorn. Colt Brennan can sit his *** on the bench, he is not our QB.

I'm with Campbell until the End:cool:

Even more telling than this interview is that Campbell doesn't have a contract past this season.

What I think is even more telling is the fact that the Lord Savior Colt Brennan himself doesn't have a contract until the year infiniti.

:doh:

Please...he doesn't have a contract YET. I'd much rather see exactly what they have in Campbell (no, not what YOU think we have in Campbell) before they give him 8-10 mil a year.

Second, Moss isn't going to throw Zorn or Campbell under the bus no matter what he thinks. He's not that kind of a guy. Name one time Moss hasn't been supportive of a player or coach or a system in an interview. You can't. He's never said anything negative about Brunell, Gibbs, Saunders, Campbell etc. I respect Moss for that, but it means that you can't really take much from this interview.

Moss also isn't going to lie his butt off in an interview either. Why is it anytime a player has something positive to say, if someone doesn't agree they automatically assume the player is lying, covering for others? Just because you don't say something negative doesn't mean what you are saying holds no merit. Sadly, there are a lot of people on ES who just don't get that.

Dallas and St Louis are the only two games that come to mind to me. I honestly can't think of another. Both those games, also, the Defense spent a ton of time on the field. The Offense had that one nice drive to get the TD near the end of the St Louis game, but they were pretty quiet for 75% of the game.

49ers, the 2nd Eagles game the D almost gave up, only to have a great play from Smoot and Landry at the endzone. The D was on the field too much during the season, and they wore down on late drives at times as a result.

Moss also isn't going to lie his butt off in an interview either. Why is it anytime a player has something positive to say, if someone doesn't agree they automatically assume the player is lying, covering for others? Just because you don't say something negative doesn't mean what you are saying holds no merit. Sadly, there are a lot of people on ES who just don't get that.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with the message. I'm just not sure how acurate the message is given the things I've stated in this thread. I hope to God that Moss believes what he is saying and that what was reported is in fact what Moss was saying. I want nothing more than for this team to shock the world with a championship.

What I think is even more telling is the fact that the Lord Savior Colt Brennan himself doesn't have a contract until the year infiniti.

I really couldn't care less about Brennan. I'm talking about Campbell. If the team thought he was starting good for now and several years down the road, he'd have a new contract already. That's speaks more to me than Santana Moss giving an interview.

I really couldn't care less about Brennan. I'm talking about Campbell. If the team thought he was starting good for now and several years down the road, he'd have a new contract already. That's speaks more to me than Santana Moss giving an interview.

And if the team doesn't think he's good enough, they would have already benched him for somebody else.

He's stuck right in the middle, just like many here think he is.

Archived