Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Throwdown

MissU28

I just read that it originally aired on the 4th, and today's showing was a re-run

Re-run FAIL!

Anyhow, I watch it on occasion. It's usually when the girl has it on though. She doesn't really like Bobby Flay that much (actually, she just said, "He seems like a real douchebag.") so we don't watch it too often. I'm a contradictory ass.

My girlfriend loves Food Network. I don't get it.

She loves Giada. Which.. I don't mind watching along because Giada is amazingly hot. :laugh:

But when she starts watching that ugly green Paula chick and Barefoot Contessa, I just have to be somewhere else.

My girlfriend loves Food Network. I don't get it.

She loves Giada. Which.. I don't mind watching along because Giada is amazingly hot. :laugh:

But when she starts watching that ugly green Paula chick and Barefoot Contessa, I just have to be somewhere else.

dude, Paula had Tyson Beckford on today and they made this INSANE looking caramel cake. It looked soooooo money. I'm going to bake it, just you wait and see.

Mike O'Meara (sorry, looks like his radio show doesn't get broadcast in Roanoke) says that Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) is kinda hot in a weird way because the way she talks makes her seem like a dirty birdie :rotflmao:

I love to cook, indoors or out. I watch the Food Network way more than anyone probably should. I used to be a History channel, Discovery, and TLC watcher. Now those only get watched if the program on FN is a re-run that I dont care to watch again.

Now I wish I had cable again so I could watch Food Network. It's one of the very few good networks on cable television.

I remember when my computer was in for repair and I was stuck watching TV most of the day, I'd watch Emeril Live at night, and Giada in the afternoon. They got a lot of good stuff on that network, and yes I have seen Throwdown , I saw an episode once where he went to Boston and challenged some Asian woman to make some dessert which I don't remember

Mike O'Meara (sorry, looks like his radio show doesn't get broadcast in Roanoke) says that Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) is kinda hot in a weird way because the way she talks makes her seem like a dirty birdie :rotflmao:

I feel the same way...........:evilg:

I love cooking shows. It is funny how many males in their 20-30s now love to cook. I don’t know why, my GF hates cooking and I absolutely love it. I don’t think my dad or grandpa can cook toast.

Having said that, does anyone else find the premise of Throwdown to be completely ****ed up? Hahaha.

Not all the time, but on a few occasions I have seen an episode where he challenges some no named, little town grandma who is famous in her tiny community at making some special dish. This is probably the only thing the person has in their lives. They have been perfecting and updating this one thing for decades. They are probably known solely for cooking that one thing and being “the best.”

Then Bobby Flay shows up and challenges Grandma to see if he can beat her at the one thing she is good at in her life. I mean, how much of an ******* do you have to be to do that to someone? Hahha.

I have no problem with the episodes were he challenges professional chefs who cook in restaurants and are known for a signature dish, just the ones where he Throwsdown Great Aunt Rita disturbs me a bit.

giada for the win and i cant stand paula or the barefoot contessa. channel changes as soon as either of them comes on.

Archived