Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Rogers' Role Now is Clear

CRobi21

"It was never that I didn't like playing for the Redskins, but if all of us were coming back, I didn't want to be there because I would be a backup," Rogers said this weekend from Atlanta, where he became a father for the first time last week.

Good Lord, keep that baby away from Los for safety reasons. He will drop that kid like it's a pigskin.

Video link

1_400x300.jpg

Los is one of the most underrated corners in the league right now. I'm really glad to hear he is happy, he stepped it up big against premier WR's such as Fitzgerald and T.O

Rogers

Landry

Horton

Hall

If I was an O-Coordinator, I'd jump off a bridge if I saw this lineup.

He isn't bad. But I think if he wants to complain more he has to start catching interceptions. It's good that he is in place to drop them vs getting burned though. However when you saw what can happen when someone catches balls thrown to them like d hall. It was amazing. As a defense, we routinely let teams off the hook by not getting more turnovers that we should.

Glad to hear he's coming back! Him and Hall will make for a solid tandem if last year was any indication! :D

With Hanyesworth in the lineup now, our defense should be scary good this year. Let's hope everyone plays to their potential!

Rogers is under rated and I'm happy the mans back to being happy, I have to wonder how we are going to be able to keep him past this year. He's going to want the same money we paid to Hall but that's too much money to tie up in that position.

Don't get too attached to Carlos guys. Here's what he says at the end of the article:

""You want to perform either way, but the last year of my contract is motivation," Rogers said. "It's time for me to get some of that money that [Hall and Haynesworth] got. But after those deals, I don't know if there'll be any money left for me. I do want to stay. I hope they wouldn't let me go, but you never know. It's a business." "

Don't get too attached to Carlos guys. Here's what he says at the end of the article:

""You want to perform either way, but the last year of my contract is motivation," Rogers said. "It's time for me to get some of that money that [Hall and Haynesworth] got. But after those deals, I don't know if there'll be any money left for me. I do want to stay. I hope they wouldn't let me go, but you never know. It's a business." "

Can we tag him? Wouldn't that be cheaper than a giant contract? We could stand to get some good draft picks if we do and he leaves. We haven't tagged a player since Champ Bailey.

Yeah, he is gone after this season, unless we bend over financially.

Hopefully that at least inspires him to play extremely well this year.

Losing Springs is going to hurt.

Can we tag him? Wouldn't that be cheaper than a giant contract? We could stand to get some good draft picks if we do and he leaves. We haven't tagged a player since Champ Bailey.

We could, and might.

Another thing to think about is that if next year is uncapped Carlos loses his right to free agency (as would Campbell, and super-stud Robert McCune) since the uncapped rules stipulate you need 6 years of service to become an unrestricted FA instead of 5.

We could, and might.

Another thing to think about is that if next year is uncapped Carlos loses his right to free agency (as would Campbell, and super-stud Robert McCune) since the uncapped rules stipulate you need 6 years of service to become an unrestricted FA instead of 5.

If 2010 is uncapped, Carlos will get Hall money. The uncapped year is the year to extend all the young guys. That way, when the cap is reinstituted, the NFL has to grandfather them in.

If 2010 is uncapped, Carlos will get Hall money. The uncapped year is the year to extend all the young guys. That way, when the cap is reinstituted, the NFL has to grandfather them in.

It is trickier than that. There are a lot of rules for an uncapped year. I looked them up a few years ago when there was rumors of one happening. Players can only get a certain amount raise (30% I think). Teams are also restricted to how many players they can sign based on how well they finish. 5 year vets can't hit FA. I can't remember the rest. A good journalist should really put a clear picture out there soon (or, should have already).

You can probably google it. If anyone is feeling frisky. I think I found it on the NFLPA site.

Archived