Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Release: Haynesworth Agrees to Terms - Press Conference Today at 5PM

JimmiJo

Note: Just received the following from Redskins PR

For Immediate Release

February 27, 2009

WASHINGTON REDSKINS MEDIA ADVISORY

The Washington Redskins have agreed to terms today with Defensive Tackle Albert Haynesworth. A press conference is scheduled for today, Friday, February 27, at 5:00 p.m. at Redskins Park.

I'll be fine with this if we can still pick up a couple young OL, like Dockery and Willis. I'm just surprised that the team has thrown so much money to the Defensive side of the ball. Suprised, but I can't say disappointed, unless I have to watch our offense play like they did last year, then I'll be pretty mad.

I'm glad we kept Hall and got Haynesworth, but it won't mean much if our O can't be better than 28th in points, or whatever we were.

I don't care about the guys that didn't work out. I like that we keep things interesting! It's hard not to think this is a great move, though. Haynesworth is incredibly disruptive in the backfield.

I felt like a lot of other folks, that we should not have let Doc walk. In retrospect, it was a huge misstep.

Gotta say I'm shocked. I honestly thought that they would have been outbid here.

My reaction: it was a bold move that probably needed to happen. Facing yet another draft where a stud DT probably wasn't going to drop into our laps in the draft, the team really couldn't risk not making this deal.

The question now: will we be able to do much more in FA after this? We still need an OLB and probably a guard.

it's amazing how many times people can be fooled. teams that put this much money into 5 or 6 players don't succeed.

glory days are here again? what glory days? when has an off-season championship ever equaled anything more than mild success for us?

but no, we have people asking whose jersey everyone will buy. wake up people.

Archived