Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Release: Haynesworth Agrees to Terms - Press Conference Today at 5PM

JimmiJo

When TK utters the secret incantation, anything is possible...

This one might be beyond even him.

The number I saw was that we might be something like 14 million under with the restructurings, cutting Springs, and restructuring Taylor. Well, $100 mil to Haynesworth and $55 mil to Hall almost makes that a foregone conclusion, but I don't see how we can possibly afford anyone else. Brown in particular wanted some pretty serious guaranteed money, so I think we can discount him.

We'd better trade down in the draft, I'm not sure we can afford to pay the #13 salary.

I'm sure I'll get somewhat bashed about this, but I don't care.

I am extremely excited about the signings and hope we can shore up the O line next.

that being said, just imagine what our D would be like if ST was still here.

I know, you can 'what if' everything to death, and who knows if we would have even made that move if he were still here, you never know.

Our D will hopefully be unbelievable this year, baring injuries.

I just like to think about what could have been....

anyways, welcome to D.C. Fat Albert.

I like the pickup. Obviously it is alot of money but it gives us a serious run stopper. Hopefully we can get Dock back. I will wait and see if D-Hall can keep his mind right throughout the entire season. Both guys are monster talents when they want to be.

Never mind that they supposedly took less be be here.....as Chris Rock used to say on SNL, "GOOD LAWD DAT'S A LOTTA MONEY"!!!!

After all his talk for wanting to be here when he signed last season, I expected Hall to give a hometown discount but I'm a little skeptical of Haynesworth taking less to be here. Maybe he's matured a bit after all or maybe he just wants to stomp on Cowboys twice a year. There has to be a certain allure to playing in the NFC Beast but Danny getting outbid by anyone on a guy he really wants is a foreign concept to me.

Like the addition but hate the commitment. Too bad we couldn't keep Springs. Why in the world is Carlos "No Hands" Rogers still on the roster? He had about a 5 game stretch last year where he played well then was back to his usual burnt toast self.

Carlos has improved...Why keep Springs when you never know if he's going to be healthy enough to play?...I like the move.

Haynesworth is the size of two draft picks. Jason LaConfora also said on ESPN that the team is talking to ex Skins Derrick Dockery who would fill a lineman spot. With this deal being done, I am pretty sure that we will stick with our four picks in the draft. We still need a bookend tackle and a LB so number 13 will be interesting come draft day.

This is great news!!!! And don't listen to everyone demonizing the man because of his past transgressions. He has since gotten forgiveness from Gurode and is a good father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6B9WV4NTjY

Everyone deserves second chances so please hold off on all the judging and jealousy over the money his making. Our team just got waaaaay better. I think his biggest impact will actually be on the O. I am not hoping from more turnovers and shorter fields for the O. GO SKINS!!!!

Since the 4th ranked Defense need a D-Linemen sucking the life out of the cap. Thanks, Dan.. you never cease to amaze me. I think AH will compliment our Ends just fine, but our needs are at OL. It's now more important than ever that we address that need in the draft.

I am glad that D. Hall is coming back. He fit well last year, and I see him doing much of the same this year.

it's amazing how many times people can be fooled. teams that put this much money into 5 or 6 players don't succeed.

glory days are here again? what glory days? when has an off-season championship ever equaled anything more than mild success for us?

but no, we have people asking whose jersey everyone will buy. wake up people.

I agree. Danny has done this since he bought the team without success.

And we still have to figure out how to score.

Goood Lord ESPN or ESPN First Take playing sounds from ESPN980 i think it is griping about snyder and this deal. Great guys make us sound like a bunch of clued in ungrateful fans :/

Of course, truth be told ESPN would have bashed us anyways, they hate us, but ugh.

Archived