Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you an American?

ljs

Jumbo, and the rest of you...THIS WAS NOT A CHAIN EMAIL.

thanks and have a nice day.

P.S. It was hand delivered to me this morning on REAL paper...from one of my employees who was born in Mexico, but is now a U.S citizen. He thought I would like it and gave me a copy.

Sorry,I guess I didn't realize that a piece of paper, made from an actual tree was considered an email.

Well in that case, I guess it just makes it "chain mail".

Regardless, I agree with Stophovr6, being a real American is being an individual who has his/her own thoughts and beliefs, not based on what they have been told or what society tries to place upon them. Being American, to me, is understanding that while we do live in a great country, we still have work to do, and we can be better. Respecting what sacrifices your forefathers and peers have made to keep this country free is only part of being American. Realizing that your country allows you to express your pleasures as well as your displeasure, as long as handled in a peaceful and respectful manner, freely. Not only realizing this freedom but being bold enough to exercise such freedoms in order to make a positive change for, not only yourself but, for everyone is what I feel is being a real American.

Well in that case, I guess it just makes it "chain mail".

Regardless, I agree with Stophovr6, being a real American is being an individual who has his/her own thoughts and beliefs, not based on what they have been told or what society tries to place upon them. Being American is understanding that while we do live in a great country, we still have work to do, and we can be better. Respecting what sacrifices your forefathers and peers have made to keep this country free is only part of being American. Realizing that your country allows you to express your pleasures as well as your displeasure, as long as handled in a peaceful and respectful manner, freely. Not only realizing this freedom but being bold enough to exercise such freedoms in order to make a positive change for, not only yourself but, for everyone is what I feel is being a real American.

After "I agree with Stophovr6," the rest of that is just some damn chain mail isn't it??? Damnit!!

Real Americans are born HERE, and they grow up here and develop an understanding of what America is all about. Real Americans walk around truly believing in American ELITISM and EXCELLENCE, and YES, that we really are NUMBER ONE......with NO APOLOGIES! Oh, and I'm not sorry at all if this is offensive to anybody.....I'm sick to death of all the BS political correctness that makes REAL AMERICANS want to vomit. No, if you just got off a boat or a plane a few years ago, and you just became an American citizen, I SEE YOU AS AN AMERICAN ONLY ON PAPER.......NOT IN REALITY.

Do you want to know how I see you, Mr. "Real American?"

I see you as having far, far less capability of understanding of what America is all about than anyone else here. :whoknows:

lol'd...thank you and SMS for adding some light hearted posts. :cheers:

Those with the best intentions are sometimes the most misunderstood....

I for one, thank you for the OP. It was extremely thoughtful of you to share something that obviously had a profound impact on your day, I'm sure it did on others here as well.

Now whether that was a profound emotion of pride as it was in your case or extreme ****assness like it was for others, that's a different story :).

Jumbo, and the rest of you...THIS WAS NOT A CHAIN EMAIL.

Since you also PM'ed me about this, I'll just cut n paste what I replied (with typos corrected:silly:) for people reading the thread. :)

I know you said it wasn't a chain mail. :)

That's why I made a point of saying I wrote that part before you posted your more recent additions where you stated it wasn't one, and also made the "stupid troll" comments and the ones about someone starting their own board and maing the rules (which sounded more like what you were actually doing).;)

I let the relevant remarks I made about e-mails stand however because the matter comes up from time to time and it was a good way to address it.

There is always a good reason for what mods do.:D

Now, based on the facts at hand, neither of us knows for a fact whether it was a chain e-mail at some point or not (certainly seems like one, but no matter), but the conversation around it, and whther it is or not, still is valid. :)

As for thinking something is ridiculous, welcome to the club, remember where you are and that there's plenty of it for everyone. :laugh:

:cheers:

And now, you have a good day too, amiga. :cool:

Everyone who lives in America permanently is an American. I wish more people would realize this.

Whether you are pro war or against war, you're an American.

Whether you are black, white, asian, hispanic or muslim, you're an American.

Rich or poor, you're an American.

Believe in God or don't, you're an American.

A genius or a retard, you're an American.

All Americans love this country. They all have their reasons for loving it and other people love it more for different reasons. Don't ever, EVER, discount somebody as unAmerican because their views don't align with your own. Doing so doesn't agree with what America was built on.

Do you want to know how I see you, Mr. "Real American?"

I see you as having far, far less capability of understanding of what America is all about than anyone else here. :whoknows:

And I see you as a typical citizen from Frisco.....a liberal city filled with "Americans" who take no pride in their country at all. No wait....you have lots of pride when you start to tear apart the very fabric that made America great. You go right ahead and live your life in political correctness.....and choose your words and thoughts carefully....it's all part of being an American right? Forget about the nation's borders right? Afterall, illegals should have the same rights as Americans right? My AMERICA never apologizes for world wars won....for beating back enemies, for BEING FIRST ON THE MOON, and for being the only nation with a Space Shuttle. There's not enough space to type out the thousands of things that make America number 1. My America and the REAL AMERICANS in it also never feel any GUILT at all for the prosperity that its citizens enjoy. Real Americans LOVE their country....they don't go around like the libs in Frisco do.....bad mouthing it at every chance they get, and threatening to actually MOVE OUT of America if their candidate of choice doesn't get elected. (yes, one must be a real lover of America when one makes such a threat......pathetic)

I've been stationed all over the world, on a dead volcano and Seoul Korea and the most remote Fort Riley Kansas.

Every Country has its treasures.. I'll never forget sneaking into Russia from turkey and the Guard on a horseback firing a rifle at us. or doing CPR on a korean guy for 45 minutes until i thought i was going to die..

But as with the skins, i love me some America. It has its own flavor. AND man did i miss it after time.

I could maybe do time in Australia or the German countryside or even Spain.

But i'd always be here.

Edit: Every generation says the younger generation is crap: I've yet to see our youngsters let us down. Ever.

Tuscon, Arizona slam in retaliation from Predicto in 3, 2, 1....

and we're off, tailgate style! :munchout:

And I see you as a typical citizen from Frisco.....

Actually no, predicto's leather chaps have a seat sewn into them. Most go assless in Frisco...

Forget about the nation's borders right? Afterall, illegals should have the same rights as Americans right? My AMERICA never apologizes for world wars won....for beating back enemies,

Did we beat Mexico in a World War and nobody told me? Were they part of the Axis of Evil?

Archived