Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Byron Leftwich wants to play for the Skins?!?

DTN Redskin

I like Byron, but if the people here complain about JC holding the ball too long and having a slow release, they're going to absolutely HATE Byron.

He holds the ball longer, has a longer delivery, and is slow as molasses.

Did you see how Leftwich torched us? we blitzed him and he lit us up. Now JC gettin blitzed means sacks! You guys act like JC is so good. I actually think having Leftwich start for us is an upgrade. So quick to bash a QB who actually has the heart to play for us, while our QB plays like a rookie.

Did you see how Leftwich torched us? we blitzed him and he lit us up. Now JC gettin blitzed means sacks! You guys act like JC is so good. I actually think having Leftwich start for us is an upgrade. So quick to bash a QB who actually has the heart to play for us, while our QB plays like a rookie.

Every dog has his day. There was a reason that he was dumped by the Jags and then even worked out for a couple of other teams and wasnt picked up. The Steelers only picked him up after Charlie Batch was proclaimed out for the year.:2cents:

I think the QB situation should be left alone for another year. We could potentially being seeing the last year of Zorn and JC. If not, then that would more than likely mean they had success and Colt would be our second QB and who cares about the third. If it is the last year, then IMO we will see a new HC with a new offense, which will demand a certain kind of QB. Fortunately, I think Colt is versatile enough to play in different offenses from what I have seen and he may fit right in which gives us an immediate option.

What about...

Signing Patrick Ramsey for league minimum. He played/sat in a WCO for a few years now. I know him and Gibbs/Saunders didn't click, but he's on the wrong side of 25... hell of an arm, and probably wants to go somewhere he can prove himself once and for all... i'd at least consider him for backup over 40 something Todd Collins. Could be a blessing in disguise. I mean.. he wasn't THAT bad, considering he was on his back 80 percent of the time. Flame me, right away.

Every dog has his day. There was a reason that he was dumped by the Jags and then even worked out for a couple of other teams and wasnt picked up. The Steelers only picked him up after Charlie Batch was proclaimed out for the year.:2cents:

You JC supporters have so many excuses for every other QBs success. There is more to the business than talent, money plays a big role. I have never seen JC get heavily blitzed and beat it.

WE NEED a WCO QB when you keep trying to fit a square peg in a round hole ..you'll keep getting the same damn results. I can apperciate that Leftwhich grew up a Skins fan and it would be a dream come true to play for them. I don't think he's what we need at all.I do wish him luck wherever he goes.

Bringing him here would be pointless.

:applause: There is no way in any universe, this or a parallel one, that it would make sense to bring this guy in. Why, oh, why do people always seem to get interested in other teams' throw aways and washups on this board?

Byron will be available this time next season, at that time the team will have a critical decision to make regarding campbell's future here. I think the team should respectfully contact his people or do whatever is customary when you are respectfully showing interest in a back-up, then wait to see how Campbell performs next year.

I'm personally a fan of Campbell. He really hasn't been in the type of situation where he can excel so far. Poor line-play, schemes changing like the weather. No player can excel in that type of setting. Franchise QB's are hard to come by in this league. We of all fans know that since we haven't had one since Theisman.

You JC supporters have so many excuses for every other QBs success. There is more to the business than talent, money plays a big role. I have never seen JC get heavily blitzed and beat it.

Come one man, you can't be hating that much. What has JC done to you?

Archived