Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Byron Leftwich wants to play for the Skins?!?

DTN Redskin

Remind me how we lost against the Steelers (other then their Defense).....

Slow release?

NFL Video Link (fastforward to the 01:45 mark for a reminder)

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c359cd

Stats of the Game

Passing__________CP/AT__YDS__TD__INT

B. Leftwich_______7/10___129___1___0

B. Roethlisberger __5/17____50___0___1

J. Campbell_______24/43__206___0___2

Now I'm not saying he should come in to compete for a start, but healthy, he's a beast. Nothing wrong with having this type of talent behind JC PLUS he's not even 30 yet. TC will be 38 come November. Just a thought..

You're absolutely nuts. We gameplanned for Roethlisberger, not for Leftwich. I don't think beating the Redskins makes you a "beast" by any means. By that mentality, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Shaun Hill are beasts.

I'd take Todd Collins, Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner before Leftwich. We would be trading a big slow guy for another big slow guy. Todd Collins kicked butt in a Skins uniform and the players love him, so he'd probably work out better than Jason Campbell. We'll see.

While it's far from blasphemous (Colt is no icon is my eyes), a move like this is like the linear opposite of what we should do.

We should look for young players with skills suitable for the WCO and look to develop them in the system.

Leftwich is neither young, nor does he possess a skill set suitable for the WCO.

You are right of course, bringing Leftwich in would be a foolish move considering what Zorn is looking for in a QB.

I really quoted this because you left me open for a gem. Leftwich doesn't possess the skill set for the WCO...hell, I don't think Brennan possesses the skill set of an NFL QB, regardless of system.;)

Oh, thanks for the line about Leftwich being old. He's 2-3 weeks younger than I am. I didn't feel old until just now.

I like Byron, but if the people here complain about JC holding the ball too long and having a slow release, they're going to absolutely HATE Byron.

He holds the ball longer, has a longer delivery, and is slow as molasses.

He didn't seem to hold it too long when he kicked our butt last year.

You're absolutely nuts. We gameplanned for Roethlisberger, not for Leftwich. I don't think beating the Redskins makes you a "beast" by any means. By that mentality, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Shaun Hill are beasts.

Game plan against Roethlisberger? Dude, if you ever played Defense in Football, you know to keep your head on a swivel no matter who's in.

I merly pointed out that Leftwich has talent and a BEAST WHEN HEALTHY (key word)!! It's been a year since he was injured and he looked good against our 6th rank pass defense.

Since he grew up a skins fan (and still is?), maybe he'll sign cheap just to rep the B&G. If that's the case, the talent is there, why not.

I'd take Todd Collins, Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner before Leftwich. We would be trading a big slow guy for another big slow guy. Todd Collins kicked butt in a Skins uniform and the players love him, so he'd probably work out better than Jason Campbell. We'll see.

I think a healthy Leftwich is better than all 3 of those guys.

I like Byron, but if the people here complain about JC holding the ball too long and having a slow release, they're going to absolutely HATE Byron.

He holds the ball longer, has a longer delivery, and is slow as molasses.

Too True. The true Byron is not the guy who torched us this year. I think that has alot to do with why people want him. Myself I'll pass and keep Collins who if anything has a stronger football IQ, knows the system and doesn't look like Gary Coleman on roids.

Game plan against Roethlisberger? Dude, if you ever played Defense in Football, you know to keep your head on a swivel no matter who's in.

I merly pointed out that Leftwich has talent and a BEAST WHEN HEALTHY (key word)!! It's been a year since he was injured and he looked good against our 6th rank pass defense.

Since he grew up a skins fan (and still is?), maybe he'll sign cheap just to rep the B&G. If that's the case, the talent is there, why not.

You are so right. I dont know whats wrong with these people.it aint like we set at QB.

cassel was just tagged, Warner will resign with the cards, K. Collins will resign with the titans, Chris simms is over rated. I have a feeling a lot of teams will be buying for Byron, we can't afford to get into a bidding war, but I'd love to bring him in to compete against JC. only Grossman and Garcia are worth it for possible non backups on that laist otherwise.

cassel was just tagged, Warner will resign with the cards, K. Collins will resign with the titans, Chris simms is over rated. I have a feeling a lot of teams will be buying for Byron, we can't afford to get into a bidding war, but I'd love to bring him in to compete against JC. only Grossman and Garcia are worth it for possible non backups on that laist otherwise.

Grossman? Are you kidding me?

Im not hating on JC, its that the JC supporters bash a lot of QBs and have so many excuses of why they are playing well, as if JC is the best QB to ever play the game.

You said you never saw JC get blitzed and beat it. Thats what led me to say what I said. Now I for one do believe when a QB is just coming in and has to go through 3 or 4 systems in 5 years it hurts his growth. You may have some exceptions to the rule but normally you can't expect a player to progress like that. I keep hearing that its an excuse. Well call it what you want but it is what it is. That being said, I though Jason performed well in a new system behind a banged up line. His #'s to me compare to some playoff QB's. As I've staed before some people bring up QB's that are in better situations and have a better WR's corps. People have thrown Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner etc name out there. I'm not gonna debate who's better but some of these QB's wouldn't put up some of their #'s with this WR unit behind the Skins O-line. In particular the O-line for the last 8 games. People say Big Ben's O-line was banged up this season. Hell and his #'s reflected it too. The Steelers won despite his average play this year.

I know the guy is a bust, has a slow release, etc., but the two games he played against us ('06 with the Jags and '08 with the Steelers), the guy looked ****ing ridiculously good. Also another important note about those games, they were @ FedEx Stadium.

Honestly, I'd be extremely excited if we got him. It seems like playing for his hometown team brings out the potential teams saw in him (7th overall pick). I was at the '06 Jags-Skins game and the guy played ****ing amazing.

I'd cut/trade Collins(Rams maybe?) and sign this dude in a heartbeat. I'd be willing to bet that he would be a great, and real franchise QB for the Skins.

Collins looked horrible in the new, non-Saunders offense and signing Leftwich/cutting Collins would probably save us money against the cap as well. Do it, Danny boy, do it!

the two games he played against us ('06 with the Jags and '08 with the Steelers), the guy looked ****ing ridiculously good. Also another important note about those games, they were @ FedEx Stadium.

PASSRUSH BUD!

Think about it. Brunell's old backup beat him out for the JAX job. He BLOWS and everybody knows it.

Archived