Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Byron Leftwich wants to play for the Skins?!?

DTN Redskin

well, he's a washington dc native, so i can see where they might get that idea. however, you'll notice that the article doesn't quote leftwich, or anyone at all, directly. i'd take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

as for replacing TC with leftwich... i don't really see what get accomplished there. the team seemed to rally behind collins two seasons ago, so i've got to believe that he's a good lockerroom presence. i don't think leftwich has a good edge over any of the qb's on our roster either. so, long story short, it'd be a nice hometown gesture, but in the end it's not really worth it.

I don't see how he fits. You think Jason has a long release? It takes Leftwich about three days to get rid of the ball. Great arm. Tough. I just don't see the fit. I actually think Collins, although much less talented, is a better fit.

Not only that, but Jason is far more mobile than Byron (I cant hold that one against Byron though, poor guy gets leg injuries waaay to often :( )

Remind me how we lost against the Steelers (other then their Defense).....

Slow release?

NFL Video Link (fastforward to the 01:45 mark for a reminder)

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c359cd

Stats of the Game

Passing__________CP/AT__YDS__TD__INT

B. Leftwich_______7/10___129___1___0

B. Roethlisberger __5/17____50___0___1

J. Campbell_______24/43__206___0___2

Now I'm not saying he should come in to compete for a start, but healthy, he's a beast. Nothing wrong with having this type of talent behind JC PLUS he's not even 30 yet. TC will be 38 come November. Just a thought..

I like Byron, but if the people here complain about JC holding the ball too long and having a slow release, they're going to absolutely HATE Byron.

He holds the ball longer, has a longer delivery, and is slow as molasses.

I AGREE, BUT BYRON HAS BETTER POCKET PRESENCE. JASON MAY GET THERE ONE DAY, BUT WE NEED IT NOW.:point2sky

Byron is a good guy and all, but he's not really a good fit for the WCO. He's like a less athletic version of Jason Campbell; he's like Jason Campbell Lite.

What we need to do is find young players at this position that Zorn and staff can groom and tutor into being competent players fluent in this system.

...okay good. I wouldn't want to pay him very much, but I'd sign him and cut Colt Brennan in a second.

Blasphemy, I know.

While it's far from blasphemous (Colt is no icon is my eyes), a move like this is like the linear opposite of what we should do.

We should look for young players with skills suitable for the WCO and look to develop them in the system.

Leftwich is neither young, nor does he possess a skill set suitable for the WCO.

Leftwich got his Super Bowl ring...now he wants to get PAID. And we all know the Redskins (or Cowboys) are the team to go to when you want money without having to put forth much effort. My goodness, he might get hurt and jeopardize that paycheck.:doh:

Archived