Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please trade for Anquan Boldin...

LandryLaysWood

...I know we need to build through the draft and everything and I am not advocating trading a lot of picks or anything to get him but I wish there was some way we can bring Anquan Boldin to Washington. He is unhappy in Arizona as we learned last offseason and after his argument during the last drive of the NFC Championship w/ OC Haley of the Cardinals.

Boldin has 3 more years on the remainder of his contract and will be receiving $4 million per year which I think is an absolute bargain for him because he is a #1 WR. It would give us the opportunity to move Boldin to #1, Moss play the #2, and we can have Thomas/MK/and Randle El work their way in depending on situations.

Having said that I still think that you build through the trenches. But we also do need a true #1 and they are not easy to come by.

HTTR

:dallasuck:cheers:

Yes - he can be a #1 receiver on any team in the league. So, that means whatever the Skins give up to get him would have to be comparable, either player(s) or picks. So what exactly to you propose the Skins give up? Santana and a pick? The 1st round draft choice for this year,..and probably another later round one? They only have four picks for the 2009 draft,....not a lot ot work with. What other player would the Skins be willing to give up, and, is comparable to Boldin's talents?

Would love to have someone as good as Anquan,...but the timing's all wrong.

Like the poster above said... Maybe a year ago but the timing is all wrong. This team needs to be build through the draft from the trenches on up if we want to ever sniff another Super Bowl.

That may not be true. If the stars aligned, we could probably be a one-year wonder.

But to be a perennial contender, what you wrote is absolutely true, I believe.

Like the poster above said... Maybe a year ago but the timing is all wrong. This team needs to be build through the draft from the trenches on up if we want to ever sniff another Super Bowl.

Yup -- last year would have been the time to do it instead of drafting three pass catchers in the 2nd round, and then hoping at least one of them develops into a solid, serviceable player. Because at this point that's what the Skins are looking at.

With his attitude and Boldin bashing the Card's OF coordinator yesterday, NO THANK YOU!

I found that incident yesterday to be very strange. For all the stuff I've heard about Boldin he's a real team guy, hard worker and really has very little of that type of attitude. Who knows what happened, but I wouldn't 100% judge him from what happened yesterday.

Yeah lets trade for a guy who A. Wants a new contract badly, and B. Berartes his coach on the sideline after being taken out, and then has the nerve to not even celebrate with his team afterwards because he was still "upset".

Sounds like the EXACT type of character guy we need on this team.

I found that incident yesterday to be very strange. For all the stuff I've heard about Boldin he's a real team guy, hard worker and really has very little of that type of attitude. Who knows what happened, but I wouldn't 100% judge him from what happened yesterday.

i don't think a team player would ask for a trade in august like boldin did because he's jealous of his teammates contract.

plus he misses 4 games a year or something like that

Boldin is a good WR, no doubt about it, but after watching the Cardinals in the postseason, it is clear that Fitzgerald is the premier WR in that offense, and he is what makes the passing game work. Fitzgerald was getting the job done while Bolden was either injured or on the sideline yelling at his coaches.

Fitzgerald was catching passes six feet over his head, and making incredible runs after the catch.

I am tired of giving up draft picks for the #2 WR on another team.

We need to get ourselves a #1 WR.

I would trade Carlos Rogers and Randel El for Boldin. That seems pretty even to me. Then we would have to give Boldin an extension which I dont mind. Lastly we keep shawn Springs during the off season.

so get rid of our young home grown talent (CR) and overpay for a big name player that sets us back cap wise for seasons to come...

Snyder is that you?

I would trade Carlos Rogers and Randel El for Boldin. That seems pretty even to me. Then we would have to give Boldin an extension which I dont mind. Lastly we keep shawn Springs during the off season.

Springs? Mr. Glass? The injury waiting to happen. Springs is a "me" guy. No thank you. Guy does no practive with the team in the offseason, takes off plays, is oft-injured and you want to keep this guy?

No thank you. Keep Rogers and Hall. As for Springs, move him over to saftey or let him go.

Yeah lets trade for a guy who A. Wants a new contract badly, and B. Berartes his coach on the sideline after being taken out, and then has the nerve to not even celebrate with his team afterwards because he was still "upset".

Sounds like the EXACT type of character guy we need on this team.

This post is so ignorrant. Yeah boldin got mad about his contract in the middle of the game and started yelling at his offensive cordinator. Yeah? that makes a to

n of sense.

He was mad the same reason why Warner was mad earlier in the game. If u watched the game the same thing happen, but after Boldin had words with the OC he didn't get put back in the game.

Boldin is a guy who got his face busted up and could have been out for the season. Same injury as Keith Rivers probably worst. Boldin toughed it out played after multiple surjuries and still had a phenomnal year. That's a man I want in a Redskins uniform.

This post is so ignorrant. Yeah boldin got mad about his contract in the middle of the game and started yelling at his offensive cordinator. Yeah? that makes a to

n of sense.

He was mad the same reason why Warner was mad earlier in the game. If u watched the game the same thing happen, but after Boldin had words with the OC he didn't get put back in the game.

Boldin is a guy who got his face busted up and could have been out for the season. Same injury as Keith Rivers probably worst. Boldin toughed it out played after multiple surjuries and still had a phenomnal year. That's a man I want in a Redskins uniform.

being injured every year is not a good thing. i don't care how tough a guy is, if he misses time consistently every year then it's a problem.

your post is actually the ignorant one.

Boldin was mad because he wasn't getting the ball, but the truth of it is he's not half the reciever that Fitzgerald is. when he's out the cardinals play just as well. he didn't make any big contributions, let alone compared to fitz.

we don't need a guy who is going to chew out coaches on the sideline, and before you say anything about Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner, remember he's not the same guy as Boldin and he's had a history with the O coordinator. Meanwhile boldin complains that he doesn't have a relationship with the coach....maybe because he asked to be traded, a low brow diva move

so get rid of our young home grown talent (CR) and overpay for a big name player that sets us back cap wise for seasons to come...

Snyder is that you?

Vinny is that u? this is why we cant build a winner. I give vinny some credit, he made 1 great move imo, trading Champ for Portis. Champ didnt want to be here so we traded him. Same thing with Carlos. I like his game, besides his hands, but If u want to go, leave and we can get great value for him. Getting Boldin is a sure thing. His best attribute is his run after catch which is the staple of a WCO.

Vinny is that u? this is why we cant build a winner. I give vinny some credit, he made 1 great move imo, trading Champ for Portis. Champ didnt want to be here so we traded him. Same thing with Carlos. I like his game, besides his hands, but If u want to go, leave and we can get great value for him. Getting Boldin is a sure thing. His best attribute is his run after catch which is the staple of a WCO.

we can't build a winner because of the thing that you are proposing. We've been selling out for over-priced free agents for so long now that we're in cap hell, still paying for brunell.

we're not a overrated WR away from being a contender. we're several linemen and depth players away.

just because boldin had some success in a pass happy offense does not mean that he's a "sure thing" to be successful in our run-first offense.

Moss and El are run after the catch guys and check out what they're doing right now.

Carlos wants to go if he can't start, we resign him and hall and let them start.

that sounds a whole lot better than giving up a starting corner and our #2 receiver for a diva and a guy who's injured 10 games a year in an extremely important position considering our lack of pass rush

Why don't we save that #1 pick and trade that for a few second rounders and then draft a few pass catchers and wait for them to develop?

You know, I really hate reading this. That's not what the Skins did last season. They traded 3 picks for 3 picks. 1st, 3rd, and 5th for two 2nds, and a 4th.

Archived