Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please trade for Anquan Boldin...

LandryLaysWood

he hasnt looked much like a #1 to me this year. with all the balls he has dropped. Also, no class yelling at the OC last night either. Its always easy to tell somebody how to do there job when you dont have to do it.

Kurt was yelling at the OC as well, but QB's can do that I guess. WR just need to have class and shut their mouths.

My only problem is he didn't hang around to embrace the moment with his teammates. Making it to a Superbowl is tough and not easily come by.

...I know we need to build through the draft and everything and I am not advocating trading a lot of picks or anything to get him but I wish there was some way we can bring Anquan Boldin to Washington. He is unhappy in Arizona as we learned last offseason and after his argument during the last drive of the NFC Championship w/ OC Haley of the Cardinals.

Boldin has 3 more years on the remainder of his contract and will be receiving $4 million per year which I think is an absolute bargain for him because he is a #1 WR. It would give us the opportunity to move Boldin to #1, Moss play the #2, and we can have Thomas/MK/and Randle El work their way in depending on situations.

Having said that I still think that you build through the trenches. But we also do need a true #1 and they are not easy to come by.

HTTR

:dallasuck:cheers:

Why? We already have a problem WR in Santana Moss, a problem RB in Clinton Portis, and we want to add another head case in Boldin?

This team needs to get mentally tough before it can compete. Trading for Boldin would do nothing but tear this locker room apart and Arizona would be asking for nothing less than the kitchen sink for him. If we were going to trade for the guy we should have traded the 2nd we gave up for Taylor to Arizona for him last year. We didn't and now we're paying the price because we decided to draft three bust receivers (I count Sleepy Davis as a receiver) and now we don't even have a 2nd round pick this year.

The timing is wrong, Cerrato could not make the deal without giving up too much, and it would tear apart the locker room.

Whats amazing is that if the tv cameras had not focused on the confrontation on the sidelines, and Boldin had said he wanted to be some where else, you guys would have been all about trying to get him.

The guy is one hell of a reciever, at least in the top 5 in the NFC.

Would his addition make us super bowl favorites, NO.

Would his addition help our anemic offense, YES.

Can we afford him straight up, NO.

Should we trade D. Jackson and C. Portis for him, and maybe E. James ??

I would not be upset with this scenario. Especially if we could get a speedy rb either in the draft (later rounds) or FA (cheap FA).

Just would depend on the numbers and cap situation.

And before you start flaming me in regards to CP, think about how our offense needs to evolve, and more importantly how much more pass oriented it probally will become.

Whats amazing is that if the tv cameras had not focused on the confrontation on the sidelines, and Boldin had said he wanted to be some where else, you guys would have been all about trying to get him.

The guy is one hell of a reciever, at least in the top 5 in the NFC.

Would his addition make us super bowl favorites, NO.

Would his addition help our anemic offense, YES.

Can we afford him straight up, NO.

Should we trade D. Jackson and C. Portis for him, and maybe E. James ??

I would not be upset with this scenario. Especially if we could get a speedy rb either in the draft (later rounds) or FA (cheap FA).

Just would depend on the numbers and cap situation.

And before you start flaming me in regards to CP, think about how our offense needs to evolve, and more importantly how much more pass oriented it probally will become.

You are aware that Erasmus James was cut months ago?

EDIT: Nevermind, I get what you are saying.

They won't let James go. Hightower and Arrington are not starter quality backs.

And what would Edge give us anyway? The only reason he is running as well as he is, is because he has hasn't been used much this season. Edge would run down pretty quickly in this offense.

This won't happen for the simple fact that we drafted 3 pass catchers in last years draft (i doubt you need to be reminded). Bringing in AB would show that we have zero faith in those guys and would be admitting were unable to scout our own gems.

They'll pan out.. Im hopeful :)

They won't let James go. Hightower and Arrington are not starter quality backs.

And what would Edge give us anyway? The only reason he is running as well as he is, is because he has hasn't be used much this season. Edge would run down pretty quickly in this offense.

Thinking about it, you may be correct, E. James would probally put up similar numbers to Betts. And while you are spot on in regards to E. James performance, and given that he is 30 years old, maybe we should go a different route. It would be great to have A. Boldin, S. Moss and M. Kelly as our recievers. Whew, be a tough matchup for defensive coordinators.

Knowing Portis, and how he is not happy if he is used less then 50 percent of the time. And it seems like we may be ramping up our pass game, which could in effect have reprocussions with CP. A Betts and maybe a Hightower combo ??

isn'the going to be a FA? If so, we wont need to trade anything to obtain his services, just hit the "money" spot.

I believe I read that Boldin has two years left on his current contract.

Boldin has 3 more years on the remainder of his contract and will be receiving $4 million per year which I think is an absolute bargain for him because he is a #1 WR.

That's why he's unhappy in Arizona :doh:

If we trade for him, then we'd have to sign him to a huge contract extension.

Don't get me wrong, I love Boldin and would love to have him, but there are so many other priorities on this team right now.

Kurt was yelling at the OC as well, but QB's can do that I guess. WR just need to have class and shut their mouths.

My only problem is he didn't hang around to embrace the moment with his teammates. Making it to a Superbowl is tough and not easily come by.

you don't think there's a difference between a QB coming off the field after the series is over and having an arugment with the OC, versus a WR trying to argue with the OC as he is calling plays on the drive that will decide if your team makes it to the superbowl or not? I liked boldin a lot, and his teammates have certainly come to his defense which says something about the positive person he's been during the season, when he clearly wanted out, but this was absolutely the most selfish thing I personally have ever seen a player do in the NFL at such a critical time... whether he did it or not, we have enough invested in our WR position and will not trade for him...

I really like the idea of this but I don't see it happening. I just don't believe we have the players/picks to trade for him. I have been a fan of him since his college days at Florida State. Did you guys know he was recruited as a QB and was on the roster as a QB his freshman year? After his freshman year he was told that he wouldn't be able to be a starter at QB so he switched to WR in the offseason and well the rest is history. Came out of the college as one of the top receivers, after only playing three years as a WR, and continues to produce as a top receiver in the league. He is tall, strong, smart, powerful. He would be a great addition to the Skins but again, the timing is all wrong.

Why the hell would you want this cancer? Did nobody see his latest sideline tirade? Not to mention I've seen him drop some very catchable balls.

It's so funny how Skins fans keep asking for high-profile free agents while at the same time crying foul from the front office when they don't work out. Pick a side people.

Boldin is a good WR, no doubt about it, but after watching the Cardinals in the postseason, it is clear that Fitzgerald is the premier WR in that offense, and he is what makes the passing game work. Fitzgerald was getting the job done while Bolden was either injured or on the sideline yelling at his coaches.

Fitzgerald was catching passes six feet over his head, and making incredible runs after the catch.

I am tired of giving up draft picks for the #2 WR on another team.

We need to get ourselves a #1 WR.

i would be hard pressed to call Anquan Boldin a #2 reciever. Its true that Larry Fitzgerald has been killing it in the post season but boldin has been hurt. When Boldin was healthy this season he had better numbers than Fitzgerald. Boldin is one of the best recievers in the game. It just so happens that the best reciever is on his team. Boldin had 1039 yds 11 tds and 89 catches and he missed 4 games

i would be hard pressed to call Anquan Boldin a #2 reciever. Its true that Larry Fitzgerald has been killing it in the post season but boldin has been hurt. When Boldin was healthy this season he had better numbers than Fitzgerald. Boldin is one of the best recievers in the game. It just so happens that the best reciever is on his team. Boldin had 1039 yds 11 tds and 89 catches and he missed 4 games

Ding ding ding.

When he fractured his skull, he was leading the league in TD's and receptions. He is a good reciever that has been unhappy with his team for about two years now and has handled it pretty well up to this point. (last weekend). Washington would be incredibly lucky to obtain his services, though we have more pressing needs on both lines that need to be addressed first. If we somehow lucked out and got him, Id be happy that we have one of th best recievrs in the game, but feel guilty because we spent 3 picks last year on receivers.

If we do anything WR wise in the off-season I may throw up....Let's give the rooks more than one year to show what they got...Could you imagine this fan base if we bail out on two high draft picks after one year...If we trade for anything it better be picks or free agent OL/DL/LB's

Why the hell would you want this cancer? Did nobody see his latest sideline tirade? Not to mention I've seen him drop some very catchable balls.

It's so funny how Skins fans keep asking for high-profile free agents while at the same time crying foul from the front office when they don't work out. Pick a side people.

Not sure I would go as far as saying he is TO. You gotta kinda see where Boldin is coming from to understand why he is upset. Its the 4th quarter the biggest game of his life and one game away from the Super Bowl and he got benched for the #3 reciever on the team..... Wouldnt you be a little pissed off? I mean these guys get paid big money and have big egos and to be told to go sit down in the biggest game of your life?

What would you have done in his situtaion? Your on the sidelines watching Fitzgerald ball his ass off and Boldin is just about as good as Fitz and yet he is told to sit down for the #3 guy.

Every reciever drops there fair share of catchable balls but I dont remember this guy being tops in the league like TO and Edwards in terms of dropped balls. The guy had 88 cathces and 11 tds in 12 games, the guy is a stud and unless this situation gets worse leading up to the super bowl I dont see this guy as a cancer.

After saying all that I just dont want to give up a 1st round and more picks to get the guy. We have to many other needs to give up our entire draft for just 1 reciever. Also after picking 3 recievers in teh 2nd round I dont think Vinny is going to give up the farm for 1 guy and admit that he totally missed on all the recievers last year. I think we are stuck with what we got as far as recievers go.

Archived