Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please trade for Anquan Boldin...

LandryLaysWood

" He was just on NFL Live, said something to the effect of (when asked if he wanted to play for the Cards after this season):

"It's not a problem, I'm here to play football, we've had some disputes in the past: I have a commitment to all those guys in the locker room when I step out on the field, and that's not gonna change, I love all of those guys, I would put everything on the line for all those guys, and that will not change."

He also said he left early, because he wanted to avoid the media, to keep the spotlight from being on his argument with Haley instead of the Cardinals' Championship ('Cardinals' Championship' Boy, that sounds good, doesn't it? "

Link http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=38533

He also said he left early, because he wanted to avoid the media, to keep the spotlight from being on his argument with Haley instead of the Cardinals' Championship ('Cardinals' Championship' Boy, that sounds good, doesn't it? "
:bsflag:

That's B.S. Leaving early kept a lot of this talk ALIVE because it was such an obvious slap in the face to everyone else. And it's my guess that he damn well knew it.

If, during the post-game celebrations, he had gone, smiling and obviously happy, and put his arm around their OC and celebrated with the team - this might have gone away a lot quicker.

Now because he ran away like a spoiled 3-yr old brat - it's at the top of a lot of story lists.

being injured every year is not a good thing. i don't care how tough a guy is, if he misses time consistently every year then it's a problem.

your post is actually the ignorant one.

Boldin was mad because he wasn't getting the ball, but the truth of it is he's not half the reciever that Fitzgerald is. when he's out the cardinals play just as well. he didn't make any big contributions, let alone compared to fitz.

Your post is the ignorant one.

Career Receiving Yards per Game Leaders

1. Anquan Boldin (28) 81.2 2003-2008 crd

2. Torry Holt (32) 80.1 1999-2008 ram

3. Larry Fitzgerald (25) 78.6 2004-2008 crd

4. Randy Moss (31) 77.7 1998-2008 3TM

5. Marvin Harrison (36) 76.3 1996-2008 clt

6. Jerry Rice 75.6 1985-2004 3TM

7. Lance Alworth+ 75.5 1962-1972 2TM

8. Marques Colston (25) 75.0 2006-2008 nor

9. Michael Irvin+ 74.9 1988-1999 dal

10. Terrell Owens (35) 74.7 1996-2008 3TM

He's also reached 500 receptions in fewer games than anyone in NFL history.

His rookie year WITHOUT FITZ

101 Catches, 1377 Yards, 13.6 AVG, 8 TDs.

He had 89 catches in 12 games this year.

Yeah. He's only half the reciever that Fitz is...

Do you watch football?

Do you watch football?

Just cause he puts up numbers doesn't mean he's the game changer that Fitzgerald is. Fitz is the best receiver in the NFC and may be better than Moss due to his sheer physicality and hands.

I'm not really for getting Boldin, but if we did it for something insignificant, I'd be for it. Realistically, that's not likely. He's a good player, but we've got guys who we're waiting on to develop. Receiver isn't even top 5 need position. Interior lineman on O and D are far more important in this offseason. LB, possibly RB, DE and even CB are also positions that should be addressed before WR. We've got to give last years picks a chance before we go replacing them.

Then again, if we can trade Los for him.. do it.

All of you are going overboard comparing Boldin's attitude to TO's attitude, that was a rare occurance that hardly happens for Boldin and all of you are quick to attack.
Earlier this year he was publicly demanding to be traded because they weren't going to pay him more money. He was loud about it too. You don't do that **** in public. Add that to this latest incident, you've got T.O. jr.

Next he'll be asking for his potato chips/m&ms/cheese sticks or whatever else is the equivalent slang for more money. (I'm assume "popcorn" has been trademarked by T.O.)

Career Receiving Yards per Game Leaders

1. Anquan Boldin (28) 81.2 2003-2008 crd

2. Torry Holt (32) 80.1 1999-2008 ram

3. Larry Fitzgerald (25) 78.6 2004-2008 crd

4. Randy Moss (31) 77.7 1998-2008 3TM

5. Marvin Harrison (36) 76.3 1996-2008 clt

6. Jerry Rice 75.6 1985-2004 3TM

7. Lance Alworth+ 75.5 1962-1972 2TM

8. Marques Colston (25) 75.0 2006-2008 nor

9. Michael Irvin+ 74.9 1988-1999 dal

10. Terrell Owens (35) 74.7 1996-2008 3TM

He's also reached 500 receptions in fewer games than anyone in NFL history.

Do you watch football?

exactly. Boldin is a stud WR

Earlier this year he was publicly demanding to be traded because they weren't going to pay him more money. He was loud about it too. You don't do that **** in public. Add that to this latest incident, you've got T.O. jr.

Um he was asking for a new contract cuz they gave a massive fat one to Fitz and he wanted one also. They wouldn't give it to him, and he felt disrespected so he asked to be traded. But, once the season started he made sure to squash it as he wanted to focus on football and not let the other guys in the room down.

So when it counted most, he just wanted to play ball.

Nope, not a T.O. jr

Sorry, I disagree.

"So when it counted most, he just wanted to play ball" - that just doesn't mesh with throwing a tantrum on and off the field in a conference championship.

It actually does. He wanted to be on the field. PLAYING BALL

At least it is assumed he wanted to be on the field

...I know we need to build through the draft and everything and I am not advocating trading a lot of picks or anything to get him but I wish there was some way we can bring Anquan Boldin to Washington. He is unhappy in Arizona as we learned last offseason and after his argument during the last drive of the NFC Championship w/ OC Haley of the Cardinals.

Boldin has 3 more years on the remainder of his contract and will be receiving $4 million per year which I think is an absolute bargain for him because he is a #1 WR. It would give us the opportunity to move Boldin to #1, Moss play the #2, and we can have Thomas/MK/and Randle El work their way in depending on situations.

Having said that I still think that you build through the trenches. But we also do need a true #1 and they are not easy to come by.

HTTR

:dallasuck:cheers:

No, Boldin has 1 more year left. He is a free agent in 2010.

We don't have the cap space.

It won't matter if we don't address depth along the offensive line.

And what becomes of our 2nd round picks? They rot on the bench

No, the best thing to do here is work with our new receivers and get them as ready as possible. Fix the offensive line and get us a dominate DT who can plug the run and collapse the pocket.

It actually does. He wanted to be on the field. PLAYING BALL

At least it is assumed he wanted to be on the field

IMHO, he helps the team better if he STFU and lets the OC, who has led them to the conference championship game, do his damn job.

I can't assume that - the fact he stormed off after they won, refused to celebrate, and act like an adult - tells me volumes about what kind of man he is.

As I said before, if he had come back, smiled, put his arm around his OC, or at least his teammates, and celebrated a TEAM victory and heading to the SuperBowl - I'd say something different - but fact is he acted like a jackass.

Just cause he puts up numbers doesn't mean he's the game changer that Fitzgerald is. Fitz is the best receiver in the NFC and may be better than Moss due to his sheer physicality and hands.

To say he's not a gamechanger would be silly. I remember how hyped espn was and the board was over his performance against Atlanta last year and he's been nothing but a beast since day one in the league. I think they are pretty much a wash as the best recievers in the NFC and until this season Fitz wasn't a big threat inside the numbers. He's added that this year. Boldin is a running back playing WR and has some amazing hands too. I don't see where either one of them has a huge advantage over the other.

I do think he was somewhat involved in the game it just didn't work out. Warner overthrew him on a sure touchdown down the middle of the field. Guy just wanted to be on the field in the biggest game of his career.

IDK why everyone is making a big deal about Boldin arguing with the OC. They are two grown men bumping heads during an important game. lol it HAPPENS ALL OF THE TIME. Boldin is not unhappy there...he is simply competitive if anything and would like a bigger role in the offense in order to help them win more games.

Now for us drafting him....NOOOOO. How many years is it going to take for many fans and the front office to realize that a big Splash in the offseason is not going to turn us into competitors.

We must build from the trenches on up...period.

IMHO, he helps the team better if he STFU and lets the OC, who has led them to the conference championship game, do his damn job.

I can't assume that - the fact he stormed off after they won, refused to celebrate, and act like an adult - tells me volumes about what kind of man he is.

As I said before, if he had come back, smiled, put his arm around his OC, or at least his teammates, and celebrated a TEAM victory and heading to the SuperBowl - I'd say something different - but fact is he acted like a jackass.

So because he has one outburst he is a cancer? rediculous. His contract dispute is a non issue as it was pre - season.

What would you do if you missed a playoff game cuz u had a pulled hammy, had 89 catches in 12 games, had 11 TD's in 12 games, yet at the most critical point of the season you are not put in the game?

He just wanted to get in there and make a play. It's no big deal. Haley is known as a very vocal guy, him and warner fight all the time.

Ironic that they scored on a designed fake screen to him.

So because he has one outburst he is a cancer? rediculous. His contract dispute is a non issue as it was pre - season.

What would you do if you missed a playoff game cuz u had a pulled hammy, had 89 catches in 12 games, had 11 TD's in 12 games, yet at the most critical point of the season you are not put in the game?

He just wanted to get in there and make a play. It's no big deal. Haley is known as a very vocal guy, him and warner fight all the time.

Ironic that they scored on a designed fake screen to him.

It's not one outburst.

A. I don't care if it's preseason or not. My book, you don't do that. It's crap. You have an agent - that's what you pay him for.

B. Warner has the class to not continue and to celebrate the win. Where was Warner? At the forefront with his team happy that they are in the SuperBowl. Where was AB? ****ing and moaning by himself in the lockerroom then running out the backdoor. See the difference?

C. Let the guy in charge do his damn job. Here's a thought - maybe...JUST maybe the OC knows what he is doing - your team is in the conference championship after all. Do you go to your work and scream at your boss in from of the customer or other employees? No, you don't.

It's not one outburst.

A. I don't care if it's preseason or not. My book, you don't do that. It's crap. You have an agent - that's what you pay him for.

B. Warner has the class to not continue and to celebrate the win. Where was Warner? At the forefront with his team happy that they are in the SuperBowl. Where was AB? ****ing and moaning by himself in the lockerroom then running out the backdoor. See the difference?

C. Let the guy in charge do his damn job. Here's a thought - maybe...JUST maybe the OC knows what he is doing - your team is in the conference championship after all. Do you go to your work and scream at your boss in from of the customer or other employees? No, you don't.

http://sports.excite.com/news/01192009/v6010.html

Boldin left so he would not be a distraction and take anything away from the win. OBviously the media was gonna bring it up and hound him about it.

was it the right move? not by a long shot. But was the good intention there? yup.

So by your definition, even tho warner was happy and celebrated the win, he is still a bad guy cuz he constantly gets into yelling matches with his boss?

It's a high energy game. Adrenaline is running. emotions are high. It's not at all like some employee at mcd's yelling at his boss.

http://sports.excite.com/news/01192009/v6010.html

Boldin left so he would not be a distraction and take anything away from the win. OBviously the media was gonna bring it up and hound him about it.

was it the right move? not by a long shot. But was the good intention there? yup.

So by your definition, even tho warner was happy and celebrated the win, he is still a bad guy cuz he constantly gets into yelling matches with his boss?

It's a high energy game. Adrenaline is running. emotions are high. It's not at all like some employee at mcd's yelling at his boss.

I posted this before in regards to his "explanation":

That's B.S. Leaving early kept a lot of this talk ALIVE because it was such an obvious slap in the face to everyone else. And it's my guess that he damn well knew it.

If, during the post-game celebrations, he had gone, smiling and obviously happy, and put his arm around their OC and celebrated with the team - this might have gone away a lot quicker.

Now because he ran away like a spoiled 3-yr old brat - it's at the top of a lot of story lists.

His explanation sounds like something his agent called up, said "WTF are you doing!?" and had the PR guy draw up at the last min and fax over.

I posted this before in regards to his "explanation":

His explanation sounds like something his agent called up, said "WTF are you doing!?" and had the PR guy draw up at the last min and fax over.

It was a bad judgement call on his part. Get over it. It happens man. not every player acts the same. Anyways, im pretty sure we have nothing left to debate, we are recycling the same arguments lol

It was a bad judgement call on his part. Get over it. It happens man. not every player acts the same. Anyways, im pretty sure we have nothing left to debate, we are recycling the same arguments lol
Your "bad judgement call" is my "jackassery in action".

You're right. We are going in circles at this point, lol. Whatever, until we actual hear about Snyderatto going after him, it's a Smoot Point Really.

And to be frank about it, I'd still rather have AB than TO.

...I know we need to build through the draft and everything and I am not advocating trading a lot of picks or anything to get him but I wish there was some way we can bring Anquan Boldin to Washington. He is unhappy in Arizona as we learned last offseason and after his argument during the last drive of the NFC Championship w/ OC Haley of the Cardinals.

Boldin has 3 more years on the remainder of his contract and will be receiving $4 million per year which I think is an absolute bargain for him because he is a #1 WR. It would give us the opportunity to move Boldin to #1, Moss play the #2, and we can have Thomas/MK/and Randle El work their way in depending on situations.

Having said that I still think that you build through the trenches. But we also do need a true #1 and they are not easy to come by.

HTTR

:dallasuck:cheers:

I think the Cardinals would want a boatload of picks for him. Plus, with them now in the Super Bowl, he may not be so mad at them...

This post is so ignorrant. Yeah boldin got mad about his contract in the middle of the game and started yelling at his offensive cordinator. Yeah? that makes a to

n of sense.

He was mad the same reason why Warner was mad earlier in the game. If u watched the game the same thing happen, but after Boldin had words with the OC he didn't get put back in the game.

Boldin is a guy who got his face busted up and could have been out for the season. Same injury as Keith Rivers probably worst. Boldin toughed it out played after multiple surjuries and still had a phenomnal year. That's a man I want in a Redskins uniform.

He was mad for the same reasons Warner was mad? From what I understand (and what Todd Haley told the media) was that Boldin was upset because he was substitued out of a certain package during the game.

Listen, I get the "heat of the moment" excuse. I realize during a hard fought game certain things are going to be said and done that you usually wouldn't do. So, in a certain sense I will give him a little bit of a the benefit of the doubt. But, Boldin stormed off the field AFTER his team had celebrated the first NFC Championship since 1940's. Instead of acting like a MAN and celebrating and being happy for him TEAM he pouted like a child into the locker room, and when was asked if he wanted to return to the Cardinals next season he responded "No comment". If someone of his caliber can't get over a simply arguement/disagreement while your team is celebrating heading to the Superbowl then I'm not sure what type of "team player" you simply can be.

The difference between Warner and Boldin and your comparison is that Warner got over his little tiff with the coach. I recall Kurt running around the field all smiles. Boldin chose to use the more immature, selfish method

You're "bad judgement call" is my "jackassery in action".

You're right. We are going in circles at this point, lol. Whatever, until we actual hear about Snyderatto going after him, it's a Smoot Point Really.

And to be frank about it, I'd still rather have AB than TO.

lol im sure we can agree on many "non model citizen" WR's that we would take over TO

Really good post right here. I agree with exactly he said. YOU JUST WON THE NFCCG, are you kidding me? Your about to goto the super bowl and it's early in your career. People would have known this guy regardless because of the season he had this year (which was incredible despite injuries). As stupid as ESPN is, they still would have recognize Anquan Boldin was a very big part of the reason they made the Super Bowl. Now, he is beginning to become a TO. It all started with TO. Unless it says otherwise that he was complaining about something else besides getting the ball, he is already turning into the ME ME ME guy. Sucks he got taken out yes, but Steve Breaston is no slump either. If the coaches felt Breaston was running the routes better to free up not only Fitz, but other TE's....then by all means do it. Lost alot of respect for Anquan Boldin because of that. Wish it was more about the winning of the team, then stats and some of the money these ME ME ME athletes are being paid. If it comes out that he didn't ***** about getting him the ball/pulling of the last drive, then I would like to hear what it was about. It resulted in a TD and a victory.

Archived